How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• <1 week (15)
    • 1-2 weeks (9)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (29) · No (0)
Momo

Momo

Had accident before christmas car written off 7 days later insurance payout finalised not one problem friendly helpful professional service could not fault .very happy with aami.i will always recommend aami to everyone

Manu

ManuMelbourne

Happy customer..

I will definitely recommend AAMI for car insurance. I had a major accident on 4th Apr and initial process was really smooth. Customer Care arranged the car to be towed away quickly from the accident area to the Smash Repair.
Having said that, I would still say they should update the progress of the claim in the portal regularly.
I am really happy customer.

My Tran

My TranMelbourne

This is prefect! Can’t live without you!

I have stayed with AAMI for 20 years and every single year a never regretted staying with AAMI. They are very loyal to there customers and the service and pricing is amazing. What else can I say about this fantastic company. Thank you AAMI

Courtney C

Courtney CAustralia

Excellent service in a stressful situation

Helping

HelpingVictoria

No complaints

On the odd occasion i have had to claim for a car accident it has been made very easy from start to finish, even supplying taxi home and back to pick the car up......................not much more i can say really

CGC

CGCBrisbane

Sensational Customer Experience

I had some direct debit issues and it was resolved quickly. Plus the customer service person was excellent over the phone. This is the second or third time I had a great customer experience with AAMI.

Insurance claim madeNo
WINIFRED124

WINIFRED124South East Queensland, QLD

AAMI your the best

Cannot rate this company high enough, have had to make two claims this year due to other people , aami both times dealt with my claims perfectly quick and extremely efficient.
It's good to see there are still companies out there that put there customers first.
Thanks AAMI.

July 12th 2018 Update: Excellent

Have had to use Aami car insurance three times this year and every time the service has been outstanding In every way customer service repairs, first class service.
Thankyou AAMI

Kevvie

KevvieBrisbane

This i a real review, from a real customer

Ali Khan

Ali KhanKingsford, NSW

I have been with AAMI over 5 to 6 years and still the same best service

Case

CasePerth, WA

I wasn't even a client but treated me in the best possible way

A driver insured by Aami wrecked my car. After one call and with the help of the other driver admitting liability Aami towed my car to get accessed. Proclaimed it too expensive to fix. Made me a realistic offer and had the monies in my account about a week later.

Good service

From my own experience with AAMI I would say their service was good it's worth paying .its very easy to set up the policy
I am really satisfied the customer service given .

Stella

StellaPerth

I recommend AAMI

I have read a few negative reviews about AAMI and this is nonsense. I have dealt with AAMI with Car insurances, home insurances and building insurances.
NO Complaints at all so I strongly recommend them :o)

Insurance claim madeNo
Penbax

PenbaxSydney

Excellent customer service

Over 25 years of continuous comprehensive insurance, we have only ever claimed twice. The first occasion, we were at fault and the second, we were not at fault. In both circumstances the customer service we received has been outstanding. I still hate paying for insurance, but I am happy to say that on the two occasions I needed it, AAMI has been excellent

Muhammad

MuhammadSydney

Great communication and support from the start

I had an accident first time in my life since I'm driving. I had no clue what to do or say, I rang AAMI, reponse was really quick and quite unexpected. I had experience with NRMA for roadside assistance and wasn't that pleasant.

Any how, my claim has been settled within 3-4 weeks which was a bit late but it was okay. Had no issues or hassles.

I'd recommend to go with AAMI and don't listen to those bad reviews.

I'm definitely going back to AAMI and like they say " Lucky you're with AAMI" I was lucky indeed.

Mack

MackGold Coast

This is the Best Insurance company

I have AAMI insurance with my both cars and I have really smooth experience with them. Easy payment and they even passed my incident claim which was happened 2 years ago. I really like their customer services and really helpful.

clj

clj

I am very happy and very lucky that I'm with AAMI!

Best ever

best car insurance very easy to deal with.made a claim fixed 4 days will use ammi for all ins customer support is best every & good value policy easy to do online phil

jing

jingGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

AAMI always beside me

Katrina

KatrinaPerth

Happy customer!

My house was broken in and valuable items were stolen as well as property was damaged! AAMI replaced all my items! Took them a few weeks to organise my door and garage fixed but overall I am very happy!

Good service

I was looking here and surprised by the poor reviews. My last claim was hassle free and the repair good. They even refunded the excess after deciding the other driver was at fault - I was never expecting to see the $ again

ChittyD

ChittyDasked

Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I had a trolley driver damage my car while it was parked. 'Hit and Run' situation and there is shopping centre video evidence showing what happened. However, AAMI in their wisdom have decided to deem that the excess paid to have my car repair will not be refunded on the basis that I did not provide the at-fault person's details? How could I as I was not there when this happened. Seems like a clever way to avoid the work involved in clearing me and going after the trolley-company contractor's insurance company to pay for my damages. It this not part of the Insurance service?

Wendy0707

Wendy0707asked

Car Insurance - Comprehensive

How do you decide who is at fault for collision

Fiona
Fiona

It goes by the road laws. For example, if the other person was supposed to give way and you were already in the intersection, then the other person is at fault.

Angelito
Angelito

Hi Wendy! Well it depends if you think fault of the other party, of course they will fight for you but it needs justification. Proof thanks

Jase J.

Jase J.asked

Car Insurance

Why is my claim review taking so long I am homless and live out the car I suffer a neurological disease that causes me to stutter AAMI thought they put the call on hold but took it off for me to hear them picking on my stutter saying nnnnooooo moooonnnnneeeyyyy fffffooooorrrrr hhhhimmmm I have contacted 2gb and am contacting channel 9 I just wanted to hurt myself after hearing the mocking and have only just been released from hospital

Get an answer from our members and AAMI representatives

AAMI Car Insurance

Underwritten by the Suncorp Network, AAMI offers four car insurance policies: CTP green slip for NSW, ACT and SA, Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage Only, and Fire, Theft and Third Party Property Damage.

Points of praise for AAMI:

• AAMI's top score was given for its timeliness in responding to claims.
  • Friendly and personable customer service was appreciated. Two customers reported AAMI ‘going above and beyond’ by helping them generously during times of financial hardship.
  • Multiple reviewers reported that AAMI offered to organise Ubers from the repairer to and from their homes. Others enjoyed a smooth and hassle-free experience when making claims, with quick response times from AAMI.

Pain points with AAMI:

• AAMI’s chosen repairers and roadside-assist contractors were thought to be low quality
  • Premiums increasing considerably even with no claims being made (this increase in premiums appeared to also apply to customers who had taken out multiple policies with AAMI, e.g. home and contents insurance along with car insurance).
Compare all 4 AAMI Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeCompulsory Third Party (CTP Green Slip)ComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Not IncludedIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedOptional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Applicable

Included, up to $90 per day for unlimited days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is returned undamaged;
  • your car is repaired and returned to you;
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot ApplicableIncluded up to $250 per claim for Transport costs, and up to $1,000 for Emergency Accomodation if you are more than 100km from home (combined with Emergency Repairs and Personal Property)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys (applies to 'Damage by uninsured drivers' claims only)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys
Towing Costs Not ApplicableIncludedIncluded (only for a claim made under 'Damage by uninsured drivers'Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Not Applicable

Included - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is repaired and returned to you; or
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot ApplicableIncluded (combined with Emergency Accomodation & Personal Property), up to $1,000 per incidentNot IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Not Applicable

Included up to 21 days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location

Not Included

Lock and Key ReplacementNot ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot ApplicableTwo-Wheel Trailer Cover included up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot ApplicableIncluded up to $500 per claimNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Applicable

Included, if you are the first registered owner of the car and it is less than 2 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverNot ApplicableIncluded up to $1,000 (combined with Emergency Accomodation and Repairs)Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 (does not include cash, tools and items use for business or trade)
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableNot ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage