AAMI Travel Insurance

AAMI Travel Insurance (page 2 of 3)

1.5

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (1)

Pray that a relative does die while you're away

I was forced to return home after my father fell ill and subsequently past away. the claim was rejected because of a spurious 'pre existing illness' ploy put on by AAMI. I will never use them again.

Nick T
Nick TMelbourne

Not Lucky with AAMI

Ahmad
AhmadAuburn

Never buy insurance from dishonest companies

I bought a comprehensive policy for my trip to Europe. Due to technical issues and delayed flight from Amsterdam to Abu Dhabi We missed our flight from Abu Dhabi to Sydney. The airline booked us the next flight which was in 24hrs. I contacted the insurance and one of the adviser told me to book a hotel for the 24hrs that you are there and when you come back you can claim. When I came back the insurance company refused to pay any compensation. Also I lost one of my baggage which they didn't do anything for that as well. very disappointed with them. Never going to get anything from them and let all my friends know too.

Best claims process

I travelled overseas early this year, while I was on stop over I was robbed. My personal belongings were stolen the claims process was absolutely amazing! No hassles no fake customer service, very quick to pay claim amazing def go with AAMI they also replaced old for new which was even better :)

Worked as expected

frequent user of AAMI Tavel insurance but no previous claims.....my daughter had a horrendous experience with World Nomads so would advise anyone making a claim with any travel insurer to record details of every conversation, names, times, what was said.....was not expecting great things but did have a small claim for lost reading glasses with AAMI and the process worked as it should and I got a cheque within 2 weeks.

Insurance claim madeYes

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
jaz85
jaz85AU

So easy to claim!

We were visiting Malaysia and Thailand and everything was fine until on the last day my Husband got extremely sick with gastro. We called the dr to the hotel who have my Husband a bunch of medicine and said he was unfit to fly. We called AAMI and they put our call onto a dr who described the medication the Thailand Dr had given him. They were really helpful over the numerous phone calls and after coming home I faxed off the documents and receipts straight away. Over two or three weeks AAMI kept in contact with us and refunded the $4000+ that it cost us to stay one extra day in Thailand and flights home. Wonderful experience. Have used them many times since and will continue :)
Excellent customer service and seamless claiming process

AAMI insurance Never again

So I paid $250 to get a full cover travel insurance for my trip overseas. Whilst being over there my phone and wallet had gotten stolen on the beach, this was completely out of my control. I did all the correct steps for me to claim back my stolen goods. I waited for 3 hours at the police station to write a report, I sent through all the right documents to claim my cover. 6 months later they call me and say it was denied "claiming" I wasn't being cautious among my surroundings and cause I didn't physically see the person steal my goods I can't claim it. Never again will I go through aami as they were very sarcastic to me over the phone and not understanding at all.

Paid $250 for nothing

fabfor40
fabfor40South Gippsland

The worst ever !!!

Serious concern over AAMI

Stephen Emery
Stephen Emery

Find out how AAMI Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Avoid! Excuse given by senior mgr is "We have to look after our shrholdrs, we can't pay evry claim"

Danielleb711
Danielleb711Adelaide

Do not use AAMI Travel Insurance!

KatrinaD
KatrinaDMELBOURNE

Poor experience

lencox49
lencox49AU

An Insurance company is only as good as its claims history

AAMI travel insurance will issue a new policy rather then change the existing policy for minor things like date changes or any other minor change. By doing this they can void insurance because of the minor change as if the old policy didn't exist. Our case insurance taken out in March with a change of date to the policy in June meant an injury incurred during this time became a pre existing condition thus avoiding coverage for the condition that other wise would have been covered. An insurance company is only as good as it's claims record and AAMI failed ours.
We did to speak to people for several hours mostly on hold but eventually went round in circles
Frustration that a change of date can change a policy completely

Poor service, unsatisfied customer

I had two claims - one for my illness and the other for stolen baggage. I submitted the claim and never heard from them again. I then received a cheque for the medical expense but was paid short. I had to follow up again and again on the baggage claim only to be given incorrect information as how I could be reimbursed. I paid $200 premium and have now been stiffed $200 in excesses.
Easy to get online cover. They are quick to take your money.
Poor customer management, no follow up at all. Incorrect information. It was almost not worth me even making the claim. Very dissatisfied with the experience and will never consider them for ANY insurance EVER!

Insurance claim madeYes

Still waiting for my claim reimbursement!

After 3 months and hiddeous amounts of paperwork - still waiting for my money back for a Sinus Infection! Look out if staff go away on holidays - it appears it will be left until they return. Then, they want more paperwork! Ridiculous & time-wasting.

Too long for re-imbursement