• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Misleading website No Call out fees

Misleading website with ridiculous service. Would never recommend to anyone. Although their website says “No call out fee” BE-AWARE – I had to pay $69 call out fee for just getting a rubbish quote. I got a quote for a job over $3000 and lucky I didn’t get it done through them. I tried a different plumber who got the job done for $1600! Just half price. I guess there are some people who just rely on giving unrealistic quotes and make money by doing no plumbing work at all. If you actually don’t have “No call out fees” -get rid of it from the ad/website.

Paul C.ABA Plumbing and Gas

Hello John We are sorry that you have had a bad experience with ABA Plumbing but I could not find you in our system. We would love if you could call the office and ask for paul to discuss further. Please call on 82977637

Regards Paul

Not Happy Jan.

Not Happy Jan.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Thieves

I can't believe that you can charge $35 for a $5 PVC part and $65 a metre for copper pipe that is $120 for 6 metres. And than charge $219 for 45mins labor.
Your technician [ joke he's a plumber ] rocks up, spends 20 seconds looking at the job and says it will be $445, doesn't explain what all the costs are for and for $445 I would be thinking a lot more than a metre of pipe, didn't even fill in the hole and remove his rubbish, NO.!! just threw the copper pipe off-cuts into the hole. Adelaide is too small to screw people around, your company name is mud now.

agrabah_aladdinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rips of pensioners - avoid.

They're aware of what they've done and given how they seem to hate bad reviews i'd love them to contact my father again and explain how they're charging over $1,200 for a job to a pensioner that after contacting several other plumbers we've found the job should have cost no more than $4-500.

To make things more fun they're also trying to hide behind legal paperwork, which is all good and well when you have a pensioner that didn't have their carer with them who needs to witness anything they sign. When I get some time i'm gonna be going over what they've done and I can tell you right now i'm not happy.

agrabah_aladdin

Adelaide. We moved. You did the job last week, unless theres a lot of pensioners extremely unhappy with your costs and how you've been conducting business there should be only one.

He's also still waiting on the itemized invoice.

Paul C.ABA Plumbing and Gas

Ok, Thanks for that.... We still do not know what job you are talking about? would you be kind enough to let us know what the invoice number is?

Regards
Paul C

Jennifer K.

Jennifer K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

$195 later and no better off!

wombat 377147

wombat 377147South Australia

Free no oblgation quotes - no call out fee my bum

Don't use this business.
This business clearly advertises on their website free obligation free quote - no call out fees....I was on the phone this morning trying to cancel this service when he arrived and was politely told his services were not required and the appointment had been cancelled. He proceeded to demand a $50 call out fee from my son who answered the door. My son thinking he was doing the right thing paid it....I find his conduct deceptive and against his advertised policy and promise. Do not use them.

Rates and Fees

Job completed but at an absolute rip off

craig W

craig W

Shop around for some one else

I needed a shower tap set serviced as a washer broke and it needed replacing urgently on a weekday for a tenant. Called this lot who agreed to attend within a few hours for which I was grateful. Also needed a isolation tap spindle replaced on the outside as it was frozen. Total cost. $335. Tap service alone $215.00 Which I agreed to at the time due to urgency. Looked up another plumbers account for a "Tap servicing" which was completed last year by Euro plumbing for $95.00 with the same job description.

Phelps StantonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Overpriced ripoff

Would rate 0 stars if I could. I received an absolutely inflated rip of quote which I promptly threw in the trash and never dealt with them again.

Avoid this joke mob.

I would also like to note that my Google review was deleted somehow. It seems ABA Plumbing is very keen to remove bad reviews. Not something an exceptional business would have to do.

Phelps Stanton

Your quote was almost 3 times higher than the next comparable quote and that quote still wasn't the cheapest.

So yeeeeah that's why I was "extremely harsh"

Tom Roberts

Tom RobertsPerth, WA

Grandma Ripped off $3000!!!!

My 98 year old grandma got charged $6000 for a hot water change over yesterday. My brother and i run a plumbing company in perth and i couldnt believe it when i asked her to send me through the bill!!! Now i ran reece in aldinga beach, the heat pump unit is $3000.... how it come to $6000 is beyond me. A complete rip off. Would have been cheaper for me to fly over and change it over myself. Beside myself to say the least. What a way to treat a returned service woman.....

Mike

MikeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Get a quote or get charged $200 per hour

NOT HAPPY JAN

My mother in law is a pensioner and her husband recently died. An ABA guy came out to her home and quoted her $2400 for a new hot water service. She could not contact any of her children to ask advice and felt compelled to give him a $200 deposit. When wr found out how much he quoted her.....we couldnt believe that he would want to rip off an old widowed pensioner. We got anothet quite for $1500 for the same service. The service man rang in an ABA would not return her deposit. I have a u tube channel....media contacts and will be pursuing her $200 until the end. I will begin to post to social media on Monday unless rhe deposit is returned by then. No a happy customer.....ripping off our seniors....how dare you!

Leith

LeithMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

He had one job to do.......

Dan

DanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not a happy customer

Called ABA 27/6/2017 to fix leaking taps in shower cubicle. New washers were supplied and fitted and taps continued to leak $212.
Emailed complaint to ABA which was ignored. My neighbour did the same job, using washers he swore by, and cleaned seats for washers, and my taps no longer leak!

Repair to garden tap

2 yrs ago had repair to tap where 20 yo plastic pipe leaked. Was replaced with copper but plastic glue to riser which subsequently failed. Pipe was recently capped. So the original repair was $340(!) and the capping was a further $90. So all up $430 and no tap. Subsequent phone call and an email for refund has been ignored also plumber rubbished the reputation and installation of my hws and the positioning of my tap location. No very professional.

SandyProspect