• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
Acacia R.

Acacia R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Prompt call out but excessive pricing!

Called ABA due to blocked drains. Was very satisfied with how quickly a plumber was sent to my property and the worker was polite. However he took 5 minutes to look where my drains where and quoted me $450 starting price to unblock them. I declined and was charged $49 for the quote. I then phoned another company who gave me a free quote over the phone and fixed the issue the same day for $130.

Job Satisfaction
Rates and Fees

Michael J.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good service, Very High Cost

As far as the service goes they were polite, friendly, on time and the work was good, BUT the charges were excessive. I got caught out on the day and agreed to the quote just to get the work done but I thought the fees were excessive. I was not wrong as when I did some checking afterward, I could have saved nearly $1000 if I had used other providers. I will not be using this company again

Rates and Fees
Paul C.ABA Plumbing and Gas

Hi Michael thanks for your review are you able to send me an invoice number so I can look into this job
Regards

8452 and 8459A

Michael J.

By my calculations roughly $600 an hour for first job and 300 or 400 an hour for second?!

Kerry B.

Kerry B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very Pricey

Get other quotes. I paid $921 MORE for a replacement hws than I was quoted by another reputable contractor for the same product and service because I didn't research first. $921 !!! Web site says 'no call out fee'. There is if you don't proceed with their quote! Web site says $100 off hot water. We weren't offered this. Shop around first.

Plumbers

Find out how ABA Plumbing and Gas compares to other Plumbers

Craig

CraigAdelaide

Not happy

$180 Labour cost for 40 minutes work (indoors, replacing a 'p trap' under a sink - on a week day during business hours. How is that remotely possible or reasonable!
$ 60 Material cost - for one pvc 'p trap'
add taxes and we paid $265 for a pvc 'p trap' to be installed.

EDIT: to be fair, i did later find a similar 'p trap' for a similar price to what we were charged, but my other comments stand as is.

Paul C.ABA Plumbing and Gas

Hello Craig,
Sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please provide me an invoice NO. so i can investigate this job. I would like to resolve this issue immediately
Paul Chaina