2ABC Blinds and Awnings

ABC Blinds and Awnings Questions & Answers

Verifiedabcblinds.com.au
martina t.
martina t.

Hi can you give me a contact number in Sydney .
I have an Automatic Blind Problem. Thank you

Hi Martina. We are only based in Perth WA. Thanks

Michael A
Michael A

Sir / Madam
One of my exterior patio blinds has stopped a few inches from the ground. I have been given instructions from the original supplier in the form of a standard sheet detailing the procedure to rectify.
Regrettably, I do not have a degree in mechanical engineering to assist me to reset.
Can You please help?
Michael

Murray John W.
Murray John W.

How do you takedown blinds

ABC Blinds and Awnings   DM

If you can let us know what type of blind we will try and help. Thanks Mark

Lorraine R.
Lorraine R.

I have tried to book online and it says address needed after address put in. Rang the 1300 number and got a continual engaged signal so gave up. Can you tell me how to get a quote please ?

Krishan M.
Krishan M.

ABC blinds warranty period seems quite small compared to say Australian outdoor living. (2 yrs vs 15 yrs). What sort of problems can I expect with a motorised outdoor blind after this 2 year period? And what are the associated costs? Eg ziptrak & motor repair costs

ABC Blinds and Awnings   DM

Hi Krishan, our outdoor blind warranty is 2 years. Any service calls required after this period are $95. Most damage on outdoor blinds usually occurs from storm and wind damage which is not covered under warranty. AOL also have it on their website you are not covered for wind / storm damage under warranty either.

If you take good care of your blinds you can prolong the life of them.

As with all outdoor blind applications it is very important to adopt a regular cleaning routine, this will not only help to keep your Blinds looking fresh and new it will also help the longevity of the product.

Important Note: Blinds & awnings are not substitutes for glazing or similar structures and accordingly are not designed to withstand strong winds. It is recommended that the products be raised when winds exceed 60km per hour to protect your investment

If you are in a really windy area we recommend the Alpha M Outdoor Blinds - information and a short video on the product can be found here external link

General Cleaning guide
Regularly remove dust from the blind fabric by using a vacuum cleaner or soft brush.
Blinds should be cleaned regularly with lukewarm soapy water and rinsed off immediately with clean water.
Dry with a soft cloth or sponge
DO NOT USE SOLVENTS, ABRASIVES OR CHEMICALS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
Zips should be sprayed with silicon spray for easy operation-DO NOT USE CRC OR WD40 (ie ANY OIL BASED LUBRICANT)
Your environment will determine the frequency required for cleaning – Within 5Km of the coast every 1-2 months - Over 5Km from the coast every 3-4 months
PVC blinds are available in a clear and tinted finish
PVC is susceptible to a variety of environmental factors so certain considerations must be made when caring for your blinds, PVC can expand and contract up to 5% in normal temp conditions.
To prevent the PVC from discolouring, rippling or distorting avoid leaving blinds rolled up for long periods of time particularly in the hot weather or if the blinds are wet. As much as possible leave your blinds in the lock down position.
We recommend regularly using EasiClean/Guard on all PVC products as this also helps to protect and minimise scratches. EasiClean/Guard products are available to order online.

We hope this assists with your decision making process.

Colin Peckham
Colin Peckham

I am looking for a reference for the supply and installation [after sales service] of a 5.5meter wide motorised blind for the Gold Coast, Northern Rivers NSW region

ABC Blinds and Awnings   DM

Hi Colin, we are based in Perth, Western Australia. We are unable to do the installation for you, however you can order some outdoor blinds on one of our other sites: external link  - we ship Australia wide, however it is self-installation.

K Richardson
K Richardson

Has anyone had the problem of slats splitting at the pivot point. We have had plantation shutters for approximately 5-6 years and half the slats have split. Obviously out of warranty but I expected them to last a lot longer!

Kim T.
Kim T.

Hi I am just wondering are these wooden shutters? I am currently looking at getting plantation shutters with ABC but they are now made from aluminium.

ABC Blinds and Awnings   DM

Hi Kim, we do two types of Plantation shutters - Aluminum and Basswood, you can find some additional information on our website here external link

Linda R
Linda R

Has anyone purchased exterior plantation shutters from abc blinds and their agents? Any reviews please will be appreciated.

ABC Blinds and Awnings   DM

Hi Linda, we only do Aluminium exterior shutters. Some further information can be found on our website here: external link  kind regards, ABC Blinds & Awnings.

Cliff

We are currently living in SW western australia any details for ABC blinds in this area

ABC Blinds and Awnings   DM

Thanks for the enquiry. We have agents in Harvey, Bunbury and Esperance. Please contact using 131315

Thanks for the help Cliff

Shirley L.
Shirley L.

do you sell day-night blinds

ABC Blinds and Awnings   DM

Hi Shirley, we do sell day and night blinds. There is some information on our blog you may be interest in here - external link . We also provide free no obligation measure and quotes if you would like one of our consultants to come out to your home to go through your options, our contact number is 13 13 15.

Duane A.
Duane A.

I got a measure up and a quote the guy said he sent it to my web address but find find it anywhere. Please send me out another one again please from the same guy from Cannington please !!! ;) Duane.Adams.

ABC Blinds and Awnings   DM

Hi Duane, Could you please send your contact number then I can try and find out who came to see you.
kind regards Ann

Leticia. P
Leticia. P

Which bar fridge is the best?

ABC Blinds and Awnings   DM

Hi Leticia sorry we can't help you, we don't sell bar fridges :)

Kevin

Hi ABC Blinds, I have a rental property and neededing blinds for the sliding doors and was asking if there is anything better than the verticle blinds on the market as I don't feel they are a great durable, functional and weather friendly product.

Thanks Kevin

Kylie and Ezio
Kylie and Ezio

Hi Kevin, I have recently had vertisheers installed on the sliding door from the meals to patio. This door has the highest use in the home. After having verticals and a split timber venition on this door in the past. I will now only recommend Vertisheers with a wand this is the BEST option.

These are the main reasons for the Vertisheer recommendation:

. No chains or chordes;

. Can be open and still private;

. A good blockout when closed;

. A window can be open and the Vertisheers still provide privacy and air circulation with the blinds partly or fully open; and

. The Vertisheers are so easy to open, close and slide along with the wand.

As you will be installing them in a rental from my personal experience having cleaners etc operate the blinds in the past. There was frequent breakage due to misunderstanding how to operate the cords and chains.

I hope my recommendation has been helpful.

ABC Blinds and Awnings   DM

Hi Kevin, There are a few options for sliding doors. The vertisheers are great as recommended by the customer above and further information and images on this product is on our blog here (https://www.abcblinds.com.au/blog/new-vertisheer-blinds-are-great-for-sliding-doors). Alternatively, if you are after a less expensive option you could look at Panel Blinds or Roller blinds in a durable fabric for your rental property. (https://www.abcblinds.com.au/blog/the-best-fabric-blinds-for-sliding-doors). Hope this helps, feel free to give us a call if you would like a sales rep to come out and visit your rental property for some advice.

Kevin

Thanks for the tips. I'll look into the different options.

Cheers

Anne
Anne

Hello. I submitted a review for ABC Blinds late last year and included a scanned copy of the quote that I received from ABC Blinds. Are you able to email the scanned copy to me? I have lost the original and can't locate the scanned copy. My email address is: [name removed]. Many thanks for your trouble. Best Wishes, Anne Gibson

ABC Blinds and Awnings   DM

Hi Anne, happy to send through a copy of your quote, can you please email (taniab@abcblinds.com.au) or call me (08 9309 7712) with some further information i.e. property address. Many thanks Tania

Derekb
Derekb

How do you take down blinds in toilet?

ABC Blinds and Awnings   DM

Hi Derek what kind of blinds do you have?

Kazza
Kazza

Has anybody had the aluminium shutters fitted inside and were you happy with them?

ABC Blinds and Awnings   DM

Thanks for your enquiry. Most of our customers choose aluminium shutters for indoors as they have a range of advantages such as a longer life span, more hardwearing, won't warp or crack , and look as exactly the same as timber. Not only this but they are less expensive. Please feel free to organize a free measure and quote or visit one of our showrooms to view the product. Regards ABC Sales team.

Tonyg
Tonyg

I have just had zip lock outdoor blinds installed and I have broken the upper blind stop. I have a new stop but need help in accessing the stop how do I get inside the blind enclosure? Advise appreciated.

Regards Tony

ABC Blinds and Awnings   DM

Hi TonyG, My name is Jenni and if you would like to give me a call on 93035230 I would be more than happy to sort this out for you. Look forward to hearing from you.

Jenni

Keith M
Keith M

I would like to speak directly with the Manager of ABC Blinds Wangara. I am very upset with a customer experience I endured today and would like to know an Email address to which I can send my complaint. Thanks Keith keith@kedi.com.au [number removed]

Mr k boden

Good luck i had the same problem i had to wait 6months for mine and they came damaged and the

Manager told me that i must have damaged them and he won't fix them I'm a pensioner and live in

a retirement village they soon took my money.stay clear of abc blinds.cheers ken .

Petenleemccarthy
Petenleemccarthy

I ordered 3 nova blinds approximately 3 weeks ago. I can not get on your site for some reason? . I would like to check on my order. Name is McCarthy.I have left a message on Beths`s phone. Thanks Peter and Lee

ABC Express Blinds
ABC Express Blinds   DM

Hi Mrs Mccarthy I'm pretty sure i have spoken to you now if not please call me on 1800016611 :)

Kind Regards