Abey Schock

Abey Schock (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Sinks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Abey? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

savvy
savvy

Keep away

Broke on installation and sink manager said it was the plumbers fault ?? absolutely shocked that a sink named Schock could break so easily. Abey have given a very disappointing response saying "not a warranty issue" Heres a tip for abbey "don't sell a sink that is fragile " for such a ridiculous amount knowing that the product has issues....that's all!

sandibeach
sandibeachAU

Abbey Schock sink white

The sink looks great and I love it, however would not recommend to get a white one, wish i had of bought the grey or black one. It marks everytime you wash a saucepan, black marks in the bowk and you need to scrub them off each time, now this morning I have noticed a tiny pin head nick in the bottom of the bowl, its only 5 months old. I have read the warranty and of course it does not cover normal wear and tear! And i am very careful each time I wash any heavy pans etc. so i would not recommend a white one even though it looks good. I will try Abbey and see what they say, but after reading the above reviews I am sure they wont be helpful, fingers crossed!

Andrew M
Andrew MBrisbane

Replaced chipped sink in 24hrs

Our plumber pointed out a small chip in the front edge of the sink immediately prior to installation. Abey rep delivered a replacement and took chipped sink. I was very impressed with speed and lack of quibbles or denial of liability. As it is brand new, I can't rate it for scratches or wear just yet, hence the four stars, but looks very good.

Eighteen months on - its great - still looks brand new, we got a matching granite tap, and both are admired by our visitors. I would never consider a stainless steel sink again.
Great appearance in black, matches cooktop, and contrasts nicely with cashmere white granite worktop
minor chip on delivery, but very rapidly replaced

MMS
MMSGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best sink I've ever had

I find it so interesting reading the recent review for this sink. We've had it for 2 years now, and it looks just as good as it did the day it was installed. We have the black version. It has undergone normal daily duties, with many knocks and bumps, and there is not a crack or chip in it. I hope I haven't now tempted fate!!!!! Being black, it doesn't show stains, and is very, very easy to keep clean. I've recommended it to many people, and no complaints yet. I just love it.
Everything
Nothing

Sinks

Find out how Abey Schock compares to other Sinks

Cracks easy

Sink cracked lets just broke.. Dropped something in sink and next thing water is pouring everywhere. There is a big crack in the bottom. Sad thing is the first one was broke in the box from the supplier. I should of known then that it was no good. You are going to drop things it's a sink full of water with slippery things. For something so expensive it is so cheaply made. Look pretty but no good...

Weak

Harleen
HarleenCanberra, Australian Capital Territory

This was perfect until now

I did have the same problems within one year the sink cracked from bottom and I have never really misused it. Had dishwasher always washed gently. I have put a complaint but let's see what they have to say. I think it's manufacturing fault . It cannot be same for everyone. The sink cracks

Barrett
Barrett

Purchased abey shock sink had it for 6 months and it cracked after accidentally dropping a coffee mug into it and abey would not cover it under warranty

Chips

Have only used the sink for 3 months and it has a big chunk out of the side. Supplier says we must have hit it with a pot or heavy object and it cannot be repaired and they will not replace. Very disappointed that a $1000 sink can't handle normal day to day use.
Looked great before it chipped
Very expensive but not practical

Nicky
Nicky
daylesford
daylesfordDaylesford, Victoria

They can break!

jkjazzy
jkjazzy

How scratch resistant is the sink? We live in Sailors Falls and thinking of buying one? Was it the sink or the board that was damaged?

Don't buy one

I've got a white one and it cracked in the first year. Schock won't change it because I haven't got the receipt..even though it's practically new! Besides, I've googled and ebayed and it seems there are a lot of cracked schock sinks around!! I think it's really bad of Schock to be producing these when there is reason to suggest that they crack and further to make me feel like it's my fault because I lost the receipt....Lousy sinks and lousy company...don't buy one
It looked great in the shop
It cracked and it's not even a year old.

Niddy
Niddy

Thank you all for your review. I almost bought one today from. Reece. Will look at another brand unless the company assures me that I won't have any problems because I don't want to be dealing with all this.

Sinks

Find out how Abey Schock compares to other Sinks

AC
AC

I'm glad I bought it.

It is a great sink. I love the size and love that it is white. It has an overflow drainage point between the sinks so you cannot overfill. You can use it as a left or right sided sink as the tap hole is punchured by the installing plummer (really easy to do).
It is white.
Make sure you have some gumption to clean it. Pots and pans will leave black marks, but they come off with some light scrubbing.

Love this sink

This sink looks beautiful and is so easy to keep clean, it never scratches and there are no issues with stains. I have been able to put hot pots onto it without fear of burns, cracks or warping. It is large so wouldnt suit all kitchens. A good feature is that you can have the tap in sink or in your bench as you can drill into the sink(we did) for ours.
clean, scratch resistant and looks good
just under 900, so its not cheap

simmo52
simmo52

Where did you manage to find it for under $900?

romy
romy

Swan street auctions in richmond.great service and great prices

hermina
hermina

do you still like your sink? i would love one, but s
am afraid of scratches