Abey Schock

Abey Schock

See the Best Sinks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Abey? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Brad M.
Brad M.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Chips very easily

Dropped a small bowl about 5cm which hit edge of sink. Giant chunk taken out of top of sink, bowl perfectly fine... Not covered by warranty. Be very careful buying this sink. Was offered a discount replacement but still have to buy it and pay for plumber to install. Service from Abey was good, but sink is fragile and not really up to standards for a kitchen sink being used everyday.

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman for $460.00.

Extremely Disappointing Purchase

Teacup dropped in new sink from within sink causing deep gouges to sink base. Abey cited scratches not covered by warranty. How will product tolerate everyday usage? Do Not purchase

Purchased in May 2020 at Winning Appliances QLD, Indooroopilly.

Quarshy
Quarshy

Chipped within a few months - NO customer service

Purchased in September 2019.

Dont talk to Sean
Dont talk to SeanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not speak to Shawn

Black sink which cracked within 2 years, Abey had gentleman come out to change to another sink. When looking at the sink after plumber left, the sink looked like it was a used product , not brand new, slightly dirty, and the waste basket was too small for the sink not able to keep wastage out or hold water. When calling back Abey customer service, spoke to gentleman called Shawn who gave me a lecture about how it must be to do with what food scraps we are putting in , I.e either too big or too small that’s why it’s going through , and food scraps shouldn’t go in sink then hung up on me. Extremely poor customer service.

DOS
DOSCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Stay away!

The sink chipped within a few weeks of installation. Then after that it developed a crack when my wife dropped a frypan in it - the height of the drop would have been less than 30cm. Not covered under warranty.

Looks lovely but simply not tough enough and the manufacturer does not stand behind their product.

We will be replacing it with a stainless steel model using our home and contents insurance.

Date PurchasedSept 2015
Tam
TamPerth, WA

Don't recommend

After only 6 weeks our sink has been chipped by the shock glass board accessory, no reasonable force was used. This happened the first time washing the board and before our kitchen Reno's were even completed. Very disappointing.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Do not buy this product

We had not been totally happy with this sink from purchase as the plumber couldn't meet Australian regulations with respect to the overflow pipe so we had to have it plugged off. The way he had to do it meant that the regularly had water in the cupboard below. Now the bowl has cracked when draining hot water from pasta. Not good enough by a long shot for an expensive supposedly top of the line product. We'll see how we go with the warranty but it's obviously a design problem when a sink can't take hot water (off the boil) without cracking!

Christine
ChristineMackay

Looks great, but it is definately a shock when it shocked us on breaking!!

Terrible, you feel you have to be so careful with this sink thinking it might crack, well last night it did, a bowl fell into it not from high but from like 10 cm and now I have a massive hole in my sink!!!

Other Sinks

Wish I had never bought this very expensive sink!

My white sink looked gorgeous in my white bench in my white kitchen. It marks every time you wash saucepans and you have to really scrub to get the marks off. I could have dealt with this if it hadn't chipped within months of normal day to day use. Then when I dropped a glass I ended up with a huge chip. I rang abey and they were rude and dismissive. I contacted them again when I got another big chip. They very kindly sent me a cleaning pack! this sink does not live up to its sales pitch.

Nathan
Nathanbrisbane

Schock sink cracked !

Bought a house with a new kitchen and black schock sink. Wife just poured water got water from spaghetti into the sink and it practically exploded! Massive frack along front and water everywhere through the floor.worried about proof of purchase but I'll ne taking up the fight.
Hopefully won't be an issue.

savvy
savvy

Keep away

Broke on installation and sink manager said it was the plumbers fault ?? absolutely shocked that a sink named Schock could break so easily. Abey have given a very disappointing response saying "not a warranty issue" Heres a tip for abbey "don't sell a sink that is fragile " for such a ridiculous amount knowing that the product has issues....that's all!

Cracks easy

Sink cracked lets just broke.. Dropped something in sink and next thing water is pouring everywhere. There is a big crack in the bottom. Sad thing is the first one was broke in the box from the supplier. I should of known then that it was no good. You are going to drop things it's a sink full of water with slippery things. For something so expensive it is so cheaply made. Look pretty but no good...

Weak

daylesford
daylesfordDaylesford, Victoria

They can break!

jkjazzy
jkjazzy

How scratch resistant is the sink? We live in Sailors Falls and thinking of buying one? Was it the sink or the board that was damaged?

Don't buy one

I've got a white one and it cracked in the first year. Schock won't change it because I haven't got the receipt..even though it's practically new! Besides, I've googled and ebayed and it seems there are a lot of cracked schock sinks around!! I think it's really bad of Schock to be producing these when there is reason to suggest that they crack and further to make me feel like it's my fault because I lost the receipt....Lousy sinks and lousy company...don't buy one
It looked great in the shop
It cracked and it's not even a year old.

Niddy
Niddy

Thank you all for your review. I almost bought one today from. Reece. Will look at another brand unless the company assures me that I won't have any problems because I don't want to be dealing with all this.