ABNregistration.com.au

11 questions from our users

Ashwin C.

Ashwin C.asked

I do not believe I fell for it. :(
ABN is free but these websites are charging more $99 and do not refund it, even if you ask within an hour. Payment from the card seems to be authorized straight away.

Alison L.asked

When will I get my money back? I paid 299 today thinking you were ASIC. Alison Lockwood

Elena L.

Alison, if you have evidence that money should be given back, send them an email clearly stating your evidence.
If you believe (like I do in my case) that the service wasn’t delivered, or was partially delivered, or customer service failed - contact your bank, they will be happy in most cases to investigate it for you (if this Agency will refuse the refund).
I’m still fighting for my refund but my bank did tell me that if I won’t succeed they will investigate it and will give me the refund

Alison L.

Did you go to fair trading?

Hi Alison,
I've got my full refund today. But it costed me about 10 hours of my personal time (spent on chatting with them as well as emailing). The last part of the refund (30% of the initial fee that they were trying not to return because I have to pay them to process my return - what a joke!) was given back only when I stated that I will be involving AU Customer Protection and Current Affair.
I'm researching Customer Protection website to find out the best way to inform them. Seeing how many people suffered here, I'm speechless. I'd recommend everyone to lodge claims

Tilo N.

Tilo N.asked

I got an application I did online on Saturday but I'm still waiting pls

micheal

You will probably never get it this company is a scam its not The government site

Nicole Laverick

Nicole Laverickasked

Why did I receive an ABN certificate from Honcho, and the following day I received a letter from Australian Business Register to tell me my number was refused?

micheal

because honcho is a scam its not the govt site where abn are free

Jen G.asked

The big question here is what can be done? and how can you get your money back!!? This happened to me yesterday, I'm furious!

nell67
nell67

Perhaps we should get advice from the office of fair trading?

Clinton H.
Clinton H.

I thought I was a victim to but you have to give them 3 to 4 working days and check your junk mail not just your inbox found my registration confirmation there..

Jen G.

Problem is there isnt a lot that can..be done..because as a general, everything is..actually legit, that they use a fairly manipulative approach and the website itself is very similar to the government one..is all part of it and the problem really

Liv S.

Liv S.asked

Didn't complete the form and they are still hassling me.....

Helenaasked

Did anyone have any luck getting a refund?

george

No & you wont get a refund unless you fight for it this place is a scam they need to be shut down with so many people been ripped off you would think someone who has been scammed would contact ASIC The ACCC the Tax office Fair trading or a current affair, but instead of doing any of the above they get on here & complain about it,

Helena

I've emailed and also called them they seem pretty adamant about not giving me a refund.
I complained on here and also put a word in with the ACCC so hopefully they can do something about them
This company continues to mislead people and it's not right at all.

ben dover
ben dover

abn.com.au is run by a tax agent you may get a refund if you jump up & down & scream enough but they will keep some back as an administration fee. they should not be allowed to operate the way they do

Jasasked

I dont quite get it, i have given them my card details and been charged $99 for the abn and $188 for a business name registration.. They say i will receive $188 refund for the business name (for 3 years) but they cant refund the ABN because its already "approved". What are the odds of them actually refunding the $188? and will i receive an abn at all?

Jas

To confirm, they sent me an abn via email immediately, but it does not pop up on the official abr.business.gov.au website.

george

This is NOT the ATO site for abn or business names it is a scam site. they are free thru the govt site why would you even think about paying for something that is free. Read the other reviews. They wont refund your money with out a fight

Carmel P

Carmel Pasked

Can I ask who you contacted...or how you get in contact with this company?

Lotus
Lotus

I contacted them via Honcho website help or contact part. I apparently have a plea on getting a refund. I've been emailing a lot as per another comment on here. I've submitted them to ombudsmen for investigation

dave

daveasked

so do they steal your details even if you did not get to the payment section? my tablet froze after I picked my name

jtho2607
jtho2607

Yes. They steal your details. Be careful. If you have entered telephone numbers they will call you and try and get your credit card details. My wife was called, and the guy said she had to give her credit card details or the ABN would be cancelled. She gave them, then a purchase was made in Euros.

Garuva

Garuvaasked

I also fell trap of ABNregistration.com.au - Payed them $196 for ABN and Business Name - I did pay via PayPal, I wonder if I can go through PayPal and get money back?

Angel
Angel

I doubt if you get your money back' for all i know they are scam. i just got my ABN num. and i got it for free. i think gov. should let people know its free thou. :-(

Janelle
Janelle

I did eventually received my ABN and business registration name. just wait it out a couple of weeks then if you still haven't received them call them. If all those fail then call paypal.

graeme3030
graeme3030

Its worth trying to ask Paypal to stop or reverse the payment if you tell them that you believe that you've been scammed by this organisation Business-Switch. Or contact your bank/credit card company and tell them to stop payment on the transaction for the same reason. We usually think that scammers are all based overseas - but here we have one right on our own doorstep and operating without any intervention by the authorities!!