ACA Home Improvements

See the Best Home Renovators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

ACA Home Improvements- WHAT AN ABSOLUTE FAKE Company !!!!

To everyone who visits the ACA Website...BEWARE THEY ARE A COMPLETELY DISHONEST COMPANY. I visited their factory in Carrum Downs and discovered this company is in currently in liquidation yet they continue to post their own positive reviews on their website. From the very beginning the staff lied to me on the phone - making excuses as to why my roller shutters were taking so long to arrive - claiming it was their supplier's fault who were based in South Australia. They assured me I was purchasing an Australian made and manufactured product...lies...lies...lies...lies. I suppose I should consider myself lucky compared to all the other unfortunate customers that have been completely ripped off. I paid over $8700 for shutters that were eventually installed but were left two windows not operating correctly. Unfortunately the warranty is not even worth the paper it is written on. WHAT EVER YOU DO, DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY...PLEASE.

Liquidation

I feel for you guys. I'm not getting my shutters either. If you paid a deposit with a credit card, ring your bank and ask for a charge back. I'm out $1,780.

WHERE'S MY SHUTTERS

WHERE'S MY $5,000. thieving hounds. Fancy sending me a text saying they have arrived in Australia 2 days before they went into liquidation. So where are my shutters or my MONEY

Liquidation

The company has gone into liquidation. My aluminium shutters have reached Melbourne on 21 Aug (Container 120), but not sure where exactly the shutters are..Anybody received similar message? The shutters can be at customs or elsewhere..Anybody knows where the shutters could be..

Liquidation

This company is now in liquidation. Be aware of this director if he pops up again leading another company. There is a reason his company has gone into liquidation, just read the "real" reviews to see why.

Warning they are thieves

Don’t buy from this company ordered plantation shutters 5 months ago (March) and paid my 50% deposit and am still waiting was told it would take 8to 10 weeks. Have spoken to them several times to be told one lie after another. Asked to speak to management and was refused and was told that she would hang up on me if I didn’t speak nicely to her after calling her a lier. Request a full refund but was bluntly refused. And still don’t know when I will be getting. Waiting for consumers affairs call back to see where I stand

September 14th 2019 Update: aca liquidation

I thought I let people know that I have been contacted by a rep from the factory that made the shutters in China advising me that shutters that were in container 119 and 120 actually had arrived and are being held in a warehouse in Moorabbin. I have gone to the warehouse and so has a few other people and it is legit the place is full of shutters. I advice people to give them a call or go around there. They are also expecting more containers to arrive with more orders. The contact details are :
[name removed]
Unit 2, 273-275 Wickham Road
Moorabbin Vic 3189
Tel: 03-95323 777

Good luck every one hope you all get your shutters as ours were there and getting installed on either Thursday of Friday

Rates and Fees

The bad reviews are sadly true

Poor customer service, extremely poor, I am surprised they are still in business.

On the 18th March I paid 50% for my plantation shutters with an 6-8 week turnaround promise by this company. It was 16 weeks later that I finally heard from the installer, ready to install the shutters.

I contacted the company by phone and the office person talked over me to the point where I had no other option but to hang up.
In an email received the same office person she wrote the following:
"I apologise if you feel you have been misled in any way. I do assure you that was never our intention and all information relayed to you has been correct, I can also assure you, you were kept up to date with numerous phone calls and text messages" . I have since learnt that they did send interim text messages but no emails or telephone calls and no apologies for the delay, they have "it's out of our hands, delays in shipping from China" attitude.
I then requested a full refund on this product- 16 weeks is ridiculous.

The shutters have finally arrived in the country and have cleared customs, the company has since been in contact to arrange installation but won't install until the 50% balance has been paid, how can one trust a company that lied on the lead time, has extremely poor customer service and a bullying attitude and now want me, the customer to pay 100% for the product before installation is completed- how do I know that the quality will be up to standard or they will in fact install at the date/time scheduled? This is not industry standard and absolutely appalling and this behaviour by this company has to stop.

I hope this review assists others when researching companies.

Terrible company. Don’t try.

Salesman said 4 weeks now it’s 12 weeks. Unfortunately paid in full already. The last response for communication was 11 days ago saying: The electrician will be in contact over the coming days... Now I have to contact Consumer Affairs VIC.

Pleasure to do business with

We were impressed with ACA Home improvements from our first contact. Our request for a quote on replacing 3 small bathroom windows was dealt with quickly by the friendly office staff. The representative, Paul, came to the house within 2 days and was knowledgeable and personable. He presented the product without pressure. We had a written quote within 24 hours. We appreciated that the installers came to double check measurements before the windows were manufactured and we were open to minor adjustments offered by them. Delivery of the product was on time. The installers did a great job and the icing on the cake was that they left both bathrooms spic and span at the end of the job. We would certainly recommend ACA Home Improvements and would do business with them again.

Simon was fantastic

Simon was fantastic all the way through this process. He helped with any questions we had and was very professional. Installation was well organized and we are so pleased with the result.

Very impressed with the service, the lovely staff , installation and the high quality of the product

I have just had my awnings installed across all the front windows of my house and I'm absolutely delighted with the result. Joe and the ladies in the office were a pleasure to deal with and it took less time for the order to arrive than expected. We are enjoying the privacy these awnings provide. Over all we are very impressed with the service, the lovely staff , installation and the high quality of the product. Thank you ACA

Very happy with the price

We had ACA install Roller shutters. Very happy with the price. Our sales rep Joe didn’t pressure us like other companies. All in all a great job would highly recommend them.

Waiting for completion?

This is my 2nd roller shutter from ACA, 1st roller shutter no issue. Ordered November 2018, fitted 21/3/19 but still waiting on Electrician to complete and have a working roller shutter. Have rang about when a electrician will complete this 3 times still no response on a date for this completion. No system in place for client service for incomplete jobs, Ebony trying to assist but no firm answer, will keep updating weekly until completed, why too long.

After my review had some paperwork corrected and a Electrician completed the operation of my roller shutter today, thank you ACA for following up the review and completing the job on the roller shutter.

Love my shutters

ACA was easy to deal with. Beautiful quality. Love my shutters. Blocks so much light out, we can all enjoy a sleep in now. Wonderful for the kids. Thanks Team at ACA, highly recommend

Horrible customer service, Do not buy from ACA

Six months ago I paid for my plantation shutters, still waiting for installation, each time I called the office they say we received delivery this week. I will call you next week to booked installation, it's the same every week. I rang last week and the manager shouted at me over the phone after I told them of lying to customer. Just be careful, stay away from them.

Dear Junior, Your feedback is important to us. However, we haven't recorded any plantation shutters order that has been 6 months. Could you please contact our office directly with more information or send us a private message here with your phone no?I called the office about 1hour ago, they took my details and hang up. If you need more details you call me.Dear Coffee, thank you for getting in touch with us. Your order was received in mid-Dec 2018. However, the final measurements were taken in late Jan, as your house was being built and the window wasn't ready at the time. Apart from that, your order is on track. Please be allow till next week, you will receive a call from us regards installation booking.

Do Not Buy Windows And Doors From ACA!

13mths since ordered and still problems. Windows returned to factory twice before were of a standard we could install delaying project 6mths. Inexperienced staff sent to do repairs and installation resulting in more problems that still require fixing. No care or attention during manufacture, delivered with broken screws, scratches, gaps in frames, reveals not on flush and other issues they blamed on the delivery truck. Very poor workmanship and service. When we went to discuss with management his exact words were ‘why are they wasting my time tell them to speak to [name removed]’ (who we’d spent all morning arguing with). Response is they meet standard. We didn’t order standard we paid for the superior range but sadly superior is not what we got. Would not recommend ACA and would strongly advise against buying anything from them.

Broken promises asking for money back still waiting on Awning

The worst company to deal with broken promises ! Do not sign pay a bit extra and get it done correct and on time . I would not recommend having any contact with the company .

Absolutely horrible customer service and terrible. Do not use them

Ordered roller shutters and informed them we’ll need them installed before Christmas holiday as we’ll be moving to an isolated area (no fencing) and we’ll be going on holidays during Christmas. Made payments and they confirmed it will be installed prior to the holidays. After few Had no issues taking payments only for them to turn crappy on us and never our return calls again. Had to cancel our holidays as we couldn’t travel leaving our properties. Lesson learnt and glad I was able to tell my friends whom I had recommended ACA to not to deal with them. Very rude customer service. We’ll be asking for a refund on the other items I ordered through them. Absolute crappy company. Thousands of dollars lost as we had to cancel our holiday last minute.

One month later they’re still being a pain and shutters are still not fixed

Problem with getting a deposit back when found the awning was not able to be put up

Received credit docket 16/10/18 but to date 19/11/18 no money gone into my account. Their ethics are terrible. I have taken this to consumer affairs as well.

Plantation Shutter are beautiful and beautifully installed

Thank you so much to David for installing my plantation shutters. I am so happy with the end results and the attention to detail.
i was very reluctant to use ACA after reading their reviews and yes, the shutters arrive late from China but i am very impressed with the quality and are extremely grateful to have them finally installed. I would recommend ACA as their plantation shutter are beautiful and beautifully installed.