Academic Singles

Academic Singles

1.1

• Interested in
  • Real Life MeetupYes (3%) · No (97%)

MASSIVE SCAM.. DO NOT JOIN...!!!!!!

This site should be taken down, it's a complete scam...!!!! DO NOT JOIN..!!! Something needs to be done to stop this site from operating, how can they continue to threaten and harass for money, it's just criminal..!!!!

Dee

DeeSydney, NSW

Massive Rip Off - Do Not Join

Massive rip off. Site is full of the usual dumb bogans and con artists. Most have completed high school at best. Nothing academic about most of the people on here. Also, they keep profiles active even after you've cancelled your subscription. Very hard to find contact details to cancel or leave a comment and very rude and dismissive stock standard email replies. Also the advertised rate is not what they will take out of your bank account. Advertised at $19.99 per month and they took $80 from account. Do not waste your money.

This Site is a Scam, Be Smart, Don’t Sign Up

I saw this dating site on Face Book and thought it would be a good site to meet well-educated men. They claim that they have a scientific way of matching people. This site is a total fraud. The men commonly had only high school level educations and lived some distance from where I live. Not many had anything in common with me. I tried to contact one gentleman but never got a reply so wonder if the person ever truly existed. I thought I was signing up for a trial, one month subscription for $49. Luckily I checked my Visa account and found they had billed me for $299.40. If you get stung like I did, report them to your bank’s fraud office. I would grade these people less than one star if that were an option.

Julie S

Julie SBendigo, Victoria

Plenty of choices but not so Academic

Some good features but the location factor is a problem. No way to select your chosen area exclusively. Some dodgy people on there too who seem fake. Not the greatest

No good at all

Looking for like minded people
No need to be academic so not sure why they call themselves this
No way to cancel! This is the worse part
Says it will show up in your profile days after payment processed but no sign yet
Am told u have to fax a form, can’t find the form and who has a fax machine!
Seriously it’s a digital work guys, you could easily put a cancellation form to submit on line
Not convinced any of that is legal
No checks on distance so could be matched to people in same state but 4 hours away
The “amazing personality” test is no help to choose a person
Good in that it makes it easier to call someone, this is a good feature especially if it stops u handing out your number as some may prefer this

Natalia

Natalia

Rubbish

They say "academic" - and all you get is truck drivers ! HaHaHaHaHaHa !,
Men with shaved heads and a long beards ! HaHaHaHa !
DISGUSTING !!!!!!!!!!
HaHaHaHa. Hahshfshahd. Hgahshsfhjvuvuvuvhv bjbjbibibivubib bjbjviviviv hobibibibibibi jibobib hobibbibi hobibibibibibi kbibbibibibibib bjbibibib

Doug E.

This Mob is The Worst of the Worst....one star from me!

Drawn to the potential of finding a professional partner
*Clearly that soon became apparent that would not happen on this site
* They lock you in to auto renewal-Be Very Aware-tip AVOID.

Ally

AllyNew South Wales

Academics... HARDLY!!!!!!!

Real Life MeetupYes

A bogus service

I registered in 2018. Within a month it became apparent that this was an entirely bogus service. The so-called educated members were international and truckdrivers or agricultural workers. Many lived overseas. This service makes money through churn through of members and then Continuing to claim fees.. Two years after I terminated the service they tried to deduct registration fees and then sent me repeated reminders of Payment Due with the threats that they would take action if I did not Pay.
Do not join this service.

Find out how Academic Singles compares to other Online Dating Sites

I Strongly Do NOT Recommend. Be Warned!

Shame on them

I decided to try this for one month, signed for one month and paid for one month. After that month it became very obvious there were no men who matched my criteria...quite a few who were not Academic actually and several scammers - you know the ones, they have a similar..hi, I like your smile...line.
So having not seen the bit about the rollover, and not getting any notifications....a rather large sum of money was taken from my account.

Do not sign with these people.

It is sad they use people's loneliness like this.

Interested in Female and Male

Completely fraud

They miss-represent their site on payment and charge amount in hidden way.I wanted to just pay for 1 week as a trail to test it but on subscription page they by hidded calculated to amount 52 weeks and then charged got diducted for the whole year. I lost SGD 309 . They do not have any refund policy and not even any direct contact details. Also they run with fake profiles to lure the users.
I would suggest to keep away from such scammer.

Totally deceptive website

The word academic should not be in their title.They match you with labourers, truck drivers etc (no offence to these people) but I joined it because I thought you would be matched with like minded educated people.
Then you can't delete your profile when you want to cancel out with them'Had to cancel my credit card as it was the only way to extricate myself.This website needs to be investigated and shut down.

AKW

AKWIllawarra, NSW

Absolute rubbish site

An awful site, claiming to connect academic singles...not one man I checked had any academic qualifications or background...I'm not a snob but I was hoping to find something different. I signed for 3 months, but was on an auto renewal for another 3. But you had to notify 14 days in advance, and I couldn't navigate the site easily so it was 13 days. I complained but no recourse. however I had just received a new credit card so the payment was not processed. They are now threatening to pursue through an 'external debt collection agency, leading to higher fees and further consequences'. AWFUL SITE - DO NOT JOIN

u2inoz

u2inoz

What a joke

Gauthiah F.

Gauthiah F.South East Queensland, QLD

Please don’t sign up! The worst dating site!

This is a scam, not a dating site. The word “academic” is misleading. It’s not what expected, meeting academics, don’t see any there. I regretted after a week and decided to cancel. Canceling process is complicated. Long waits for email reply. To prevent further charging I recommend blocking your credit card. They charged me six months even though I have emailed them to cancel before a month. Again, please don’t sign up for this dating site!!

Geoff P.

Geoff P.Hunter Region, NSW

This website, is a fraudulent site. Do not use the website! You have been warned.

This website, is a fraudulent site. They charged me six months subscription (without my consent) and provided me with absolutely nothing.... no service, nothing. My complaint to PayPal was useless.

Maggie

MaggieRotorua, 3015, NZ

Dissapointment

This site is not what it makes it self out to be. Matching is computer generated, males without photos, misleading emails regarding matches. I'm over it. Also I got billed for $299.40 for a year,this was misleading as it quoted a monthly fee, did not say it would be taken for the full year, leaving it rather impossible to cancel when one decided they wanted too. To me this is a scam site. Easy to join but way to hard to cancel and remove all one's information.

MeV

MeVPerth, WA

BEWARE!!

BEWARE of this site. It offered free profiles then wanted a $ fee. I did not activate this account. More than 1 year later sent a European Debt Collector after me for Euro 263.75 more than $500 AU !! I’ve Emailed 3 x now to no avail no response except the cost keeps going up.

Cancellation pending...