Accent Blinds

Accent Blinds (page 2 of 7)

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (2) · No (5)

SueSydney

Roman Blinds Installed in April this year already faulty

I had Roman blinds installed in April this year - they are already faulty and will not retract. I phoned this morning and was told that because it was more than 3 months since the blinds where installed there is a mandatory $99 call out fee.
I then reported to the NSW Office of Fair Trading as in my opinion this violates Australian Consumer Law. Anyway, Monday I got a call saying they would waive the fee and someone would phone back to book in a service call. 5 days later, after sending an email and now phoning again - still nothing.
My recommendation is not to use this company if they will not provide after installation service.

Sarah M.Accent Blinds

HI Sue, after discussions with our customer service team. We'll organise a service call FOC to get your job completed.

Sue

To give Accent Blinds credit - I have finally had the blinds remade and reinstalled. They have used a different method for bring the blinds down - but it still doesn't really work. I will end up replacing these blinds.

Do not touch Accent Blinds if you value your sanity

Malay

MalaySydney

Sales lady that came out to measure is rude!

CatdogSydney

DO NOT PURCHASE SHUTTERS

Catdog

I am still waiting for accent blinds to contact me. I am not paying $99 for someone to come out and look at their product. Where is the pride of workmanship. The cord on my Accent Venetian has now snapped off

No Show and no phone calls

booked appointment for Saturday 24/6 was told would call the day before with a time. No phone call so i phoned at 4.30pm Friday and was told they would call me later with a time which did not happen and waited all day on Saturday and no show. I received a phone call on 26/6 to ask me to reschedule what a joke. Never getting my business and will never refer to other people.

Horrible and rude service! Don't use them

The measuring guy left me waiting for half an hour, before I rang the office to find out he had decided he couldn't come. They then offered me another check and measure for 3 weeks time. At this point I had already payed my deposit so, I rang to cancel my order and despite ringing more than once it took them days to get back to me. The office lady and manager were rude to me and blamed it all on me. Don't touch the company, they are rude and take no responsibility.

WonderY

WonderY

Old customers of Accent. Never again!

Blinds are hard to open, and customer service is not good

We had accent blinds put into the upstairs of our house late last year. A few are difficult to open (the chain sticks), and one broke recently when I tried to open it normally. The company refuses to honour the warranty, claiming I opened the blind with force, which I didn't do. I wouldn't recommend Accent after this, and will go elsewhere for the downstairs blinds.

Do not deal with this company, beyond disgusted

This company is absolutely disgraceful. Their customer service is beyond poor, they don't return your phone calls, I had a part missing from my blinds and I had to continually chase them. I had a panel slider blind break off and it costs me to get someone out to fix it. To make a complaint, conveniently no one is available to assist you, you have to email a request. I would never deal with this company again. Beware of the terrible customer service and poor quality of installation.

Lisa123

Lisa123Sydney

Most appalling service

Initial install was first week of Dec 16 for my entire home. It is now nearing the end of Mar 17 and I am still having to call and follow them up to have our job completed.
I have lost count of the number of times I have had to be home for the installer to come, only for the blinds to still be incorrect. It would then take me to call them after 2-3 weeks of nothing to arrange another install time.
I have called to speak with the Manager Maggie who refused to speak with me & had her staff call me back. So unprofessional! My biggest regret out of my entire new house build.

Kim

KimRyde

Poor Service

Had a home measure and the salesman said we would get quote that evening. After 2 weeks of following up both salesman and head office, we got no call back. It's been absolute radio silence and now we're going with another company. Very poor service and broken promises.

Richard Burnell

Richard BurnellSydney, NSW

Service very poor

I requested 2 days notice of installation. They changed the installation time one day before, then tried to rebook the installation date the next day. This company is not a service oriented.

Quality and Customer Service

Louise

LouiseSydney

Lousy product, lousy service

I bought Accent roller blinds a few years back, the roller mechanisms have broken in all but one hardly used blind.
My biggest frustration aside from the obvious broken blind issue, is Accent cannot fix these blinds and cannot refer me to anyone who can.
Repair outside of warranty just doesn't seem to be an issue to the company!

Frozen

Accent blinds they always fail re service and product!

Accent blinds must be one of the worst companies which I have ever dealt with by their failure to provide quality products and service is zero!
Terrible service!

Sleasy sales person

A sales person from Accent came out to our house to give a quote for new blinds. My wife was present in the house during his visit and he spent an hour & a half pressuring her to make a deposit on the spot as his sales were down for the month. He commented as to how lovely her hair was looking & asked could he use the toilet where he urinated all over the seat & floor. This bloke was a complete slim bag. I returned home from work & asked him to leave the premises, I rang Accent to complain about this sales person for which management apologised, however still asked for the sale by reducing the quote by 10 %...totally unacceptable. We had our blinds installed by another company & they were terrific.

Frozen

FAULTY inferior ACCENT BLINDS.

justmyview

justmyviewSydney, NSW

Appalling service!!!!!!!!!

Bruce G

Bruce GSydney

Delays and no communication

Sales lady was good, I've now been waiting 3 months for my shutters which I was told would take 8 weeks.....go to spotlight or anywhere but accent; look at all the bad reviews over many years, thay don't care once they have your money!!

Don't Buy Accent Blinds

Trying to get them to do a warranty service call for a double faulty roller blind was a nightmare.
It took 3 and a half months for someone to come after numerous calls and voice messages. The new replacement blinds were sppose to take 3 weeks. Then they said 5 weeks. It was 6 weeks when they told me the supplier didn't have the same materials. Its now 8 weeks and still no blinds and no answer as to when. Worst communication and customer service.
We are getting fair trading involved now and when we told them they said your welcome to !!

Patrick W Suzanne S

Patrick W Suzanne Sasked

Why is Accent Blinds still allowed to trade. Rude customer service & never fix any issues? Robbers & down right thieves.

JPK
JPK

The only reason they are still trading is because the building trade is booming. If they were around when times were tuff, they would be long gone.

David peters

the worst company i dealt with in my reno. they siliconed the whole thing together , the whole thing fell out after 2 months of opening, had 2 contractors called Cory parsons and Nathan lyons, left silicone also over new carpet, and lied also.

victoria.sharland

victoria.sharlandasked

My blinds from accent seemed to have warped. Has anyone else had this problem? Only had them 6 months

Unhappy 1
Unhappy 1

My blinds which are roller blinds have all creased at the bottom. Not sure why. There is no point in asking Accent to do anything about it, as they do not have any customer service and they don't care anyway.
I hope they go out of business - they are shonks.

David peters

With mine they siliconed the whole thing to the ceiling, base and sides, if they have siliconed yours also instead of bolting them, one side may of disconnected, hence warping may be a result. not to mention all the silicone they left on carpet, and was not fitted right at all. very bad service as they didnt return calls, I had to ring fair trading for advice..

Jo

Joasked

I had 2 faux wood white Venetian blinds installed by Accent Blinds in a bedroom & they smell terrible. even after 4 weeks & constant airing of the room the smell is no better. Has anyone else had this problem? I just can't think what would be causing this smell, it's like rotten eggs or dead animal, not nice at all.

SB
SB

Sorry Jo. I cant help you. I still havent got my blinds!!

gg
gg

I have the same problem with these blinds and also have had no support from Accent Blinds. I have asked Accent to remove the blinds and refund my deposit with no luck so far.

Get an answer from our members and Accent Blinds representatives