Ace Garage Doors

Ace Garage Doors

See the Best Door & Window Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ace Garage Doors? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.3
  • Job Satisfaction

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

We wanted to replace our old garage door and replace it with a modern garage door with a motor. We obtained several quotes. We decided to go with Ace Garage Doors after Scott had come out and discussed our options and prices. He was very prompt and polite. When it came time for installation, Scott contacted us and booked in a date and time. His installer arrived on time, carried out the work efficiently and was very polite. Absolutely love our new garage door and it runs very smoothly. We would have no hesitation in recommending Scott and his team at Ace Garage Doors.

Smilesy
SmilesySydney, NSW

Should have checked reviews before calling Ace Garage Doors

Motor and cables needed replacing. Scott sent his team to install. I had problems from day one with alignment and belt drive overstressed, then later, cable fraying issues. Over a period of several months Scott failed to respond to my phone calls and text messages. Gave up on getting Ace to return and rectify issues and engaged another door company - couldn't be happier with their work. Seeing the corrections needed convinced me that Scott's team was incompetent. Like previous reviewers I'd advise prospective customers to avoid Ace Garage Doors.

Superb service

Scott sent Roy who arrived promptly to assist us.
He was extremely efficient and helpful. Much appreciated and would highly recommend at any time.

Shane
Shane Perth, WA

One star is too much

Made a booking to have someone come out and look at our garage door. Had the booking confirmed on the day. When the technician was 30 mins late we decided to call and check on the ETA, we were then told that they haven't checked their online bookings and they could fit us in, in 2 days time.

Had we of known Ace were a waste of time, we could have arrange someone reliable to come out and fix the issue.

Find out how Ace Garage Doors compares to other Door & Window Shops

Great service and after service support

Got my garage door motor installed by ace 2 year back and had an issue this week. Scott turned up to help and fixed the issue. Prompt and polite.

Lunero
LuneroSydney, NSW

Smooth Garage Door Installation

Read all negative reviews only after placing an order, so I was a bit nervous. But, things went smooth as silk. I wouldn't say Scott is an excellent communicator, but his team did required job without any issue. Happy with the price and services provided by them.

Patrick
PatrickSydney, NSW

Scott Riddle is dodgy. Terrible workmanship. Stay away!!!

Terrible workmanship. Supplied and installed a damaged door. Poor fitting fascia trims. Promised he would fix it all. Has been back 3 times and still cannot and will not fix the problems.
Currently taking him to court for a full refund. Do not make the same mistake we did!

Topsy27
Topsy27Sydney

Poor service

Garage door was sticking. Ace doors arrived to say motor wasn’t strong enough for door. Convinced us to install a motor he just happened to have in his van for $$$ money. Installed and then realised he didn’t have a wall mounted opener. Promised to return with one. Needless to say he didn’t. Within one week we were experiencing the same problem. Called and called but had no response so had to spend more $ to get a reliable and trusted garage fixer. Don’t touch Ace Garage doors. Hopeless!

John B.
John B.Sydney, NSW

Poor Service

This company tried to install a smaller motor and charge for the larger one. That was 18 months ago. At the time I pointed out that the lift spring appeared to be too small and now the garage door stalls on opening. [Name Removed] refuses to contact me to repair the fault and I do not expect that I will hear from him. Poor service from the start and he is not prepared to fix his errors. Avoid this company at all costs.

Find out how Ace Garage Doors compares to other Door & Window Shops

Poor service and terrible equipment

I was promised a quite door and its definitely not that. [Name Removed] installer said it needed extra support bars which needed to be installed. [Name Removed] said he didn't include them in the quote, but he said the door would be quite !!! Go figure !!!
Booked a day so [Name Removed] could look at it and he never turned up and didn't take calls. I took a day off work for that! The controller is by "Aussie Openers" which appears to be a rebadged overseas knock off. Ace didn't reconnect my safety beams and setup auto closings as the installer didn't know how to. I asked for a manual for the controller so I could do it myself but never got that. I've given up on this company. They are the worst and should be avoided.

Sandra J.
Sandra J.Sydney, NSW

Terrible service! Do not recommend them

[Name Removed] was rude and has no customer service. Since being installed in a few months, the motor didnt' work, no explaination was given about the motor. No reply to our multiple calling but when he finally came to our place, he was so rude and only hurry to leave without fixing everything. Charging high fee! Would not recommend this company at all. The list of problems and lack of service.

Job Satisfaction

Great after sales service.

Scott gave great after sales service - when we had a problem with our garage door that we had caused - he came around and fixed it promptly. The door is working perfectly!

Justin
JustinSydney, NSW

Bitterly disappointed in service and quality

Was told I was getting a replacement ATA door opener, got an Aussie Opener brand instead. After some research discovered that not only is this is not a mainstream brand, but parts or even replacement openers are not available. This is his own cheap import. It took 20 phone calls to get a wall mounted opener delivered. What was delivered was second hand, flimsy and poor quality compared to my prior ATA brand. Biggest mistake was 1. contacting him in the first place and 2. paying him. Don't make the same mistake and don't believe the phoney positive reviews

Michael W.
Michael W.Sydney, NSW

Great local business for our maintenance work

We had problems with a garage door motor and asked Scott to come and take a look. He came round on time and messaged to keep us updated on progress. He fixed the fault on first visit and did some preventative maintenance at the same time. Nice to use a local guy and overall a great experience from him, no issues. Thanks!

Unhappy Customer
Unhappy CustomerSydney, NSW

“Beware”

Undergoing the same bitter experience as many of the other reviewers here
[name removed] does not return calls and fails to rectify and supply what he originally undertook to do. Lodging a complaint with Fair trading suggest past and future people who have had a similar experience do the same.