Ace Rental Cars

Ace Rental Cars

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ace Rental Cars

Harry
HarryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad experience in Gold Coast

My family had a very bad experience with this company in Gold Coast. Upon arrival in the airport I found out that they do not have an office inside the airport and they will take you by a free shuttle to their depot to collect the car (that is why they are cheaper). Up to here it seems not too bad but be careful since their office is closing before 4pm and then there is no one there to pick you up and nobody answers the phone.
If you want to start a good holiday do not use their service.
At the end after 1 hour waiting for their shuttle, we had to take an Uber and pay an extra $70 to get to the hotel. After more than one month still I have not received any proper reply and no refund!!!

Charged $55 to my card a month later with zero explanation

I have had a terrible experience with this company. Firstly the lady who initially served my girlfriend and I had a seriously poor attitude about her but it's not something I was originally prepared to review on.

What has got me really fired up is that they are actively storing my credit card details over a month after the rental has passed and they decide to charge me $55 with zero explanation. No email, no phone call, nothing.

I find this extremely unprofessional and it accurately reflects the stance of the business in the attitude of the woman we first spoke with. They don't care about their customers.

Absolute trash.

Tijana O.
Tijana O.Perth, WA

I’d give them zero if I could

Credit card Fraud by Ace car rentals

Vehicle TypeToyota RAV4

Eric
EricAustralia

Fraudulent toll charges

Rented a car from them, covered it under LinkT. After car was returned, a charge of $38 admin fees was charged on a 70cents toll charge. We obtained a letter from LinkT and LinkT confirmed that we should not be charged, as LinkT covered the car for the date and Eastlink. Upon providing the evidence, Ace rental made a false claim that LinkT doesn't cover Eastlink. This is definitely a false statement, and they refused to make any refund. This is licensed robbery.

Excellent service

Even though not located at the airport, the pickup service was quick and pain free, check in was also quick and friendly. Overall, good value for money.
Car was in good condition, with more extras than we were expecting.

No problems

Did an online hire. Customer service was good on arrival at Dunedin airport. Directed to the hire car in carpark but would have appreciated representative to accompany me to the car as it was dark and not easy to find among many other cars.
Very satisfied with the car - altho' older model it was well maintained and it suited my needs.

Pat Murphy
Pat MurphySouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome Rental

From the get go the whole experience was great, the minute we walked into the office we were greeted with a pleasant welcome. All the time we told of our options and how we could benefit from them. The car itself was a little bit dated and I did struggle a little to get comfortable behind the wheel but managed. We toured the North Island east coast as this was the only section of New Zealand that we hadn't toured. I have NO problems with our choice of vehicle, would hire again.The only fault we had was the door remote control failed.

Vehicle TypeMazda 2

great holiday

Customer service was great, very polite, there were three customers and two staff, but I was acknowledged and told "won't be long" whilst the previous customer was being dealt with. Great little car, served my needs, as booked.

Excellent service

I used Ace rentals to drive from Queenstown to Christchurch. The car was very efficient and the service was great. Pickup and return was easy, the drive was very smooth.

Vehicle TypeNissan Bluebird
Debra
DebraHunter Region, NSW

Couldn’t fault the service from pickup at airport to Ace depot to collect car. Car suited us 4 sisters perfectly for our 1 week getaway to the Mornington Peninsula- good fuel economy.
Drop off was just as good & no delay being shuttled back to Melb airport.

Penelope S.
Penelope S.South East Queensland, QLD

The whole experience was excellent service.

The shuttle bus was almost immediate, both ways. The guys at the counter were approachable and happy to help out with doing the car assessment. Car issued was also perfect for us. But most of it was very affordable. Will always book with them.

Find out how Ace Rental Cars compares to other Car Rental Services

ACE! Lives up to it's name

As a frequent user, this time was no exception - excellent customer service all round. Prompt pick-up from Christchurch airport; great little car. Brilliant value for money. My goto car hire company.

Great to deal with

Hired car from Auckland Airport. We were picked up by shuttle bus promptly. Had a 15 minute wait for the car at the office.
The car ran perfectly for 5 days of rental.
Delivered car to Auckland CBD 30 minutes late. No problem at all. We were even given a lift to our hotel post rental.
An all round great experience with this company.

Tim H
Tim HMelbourne

Good experience - very nice people to deal with-

I have rented from Ace several times and each experience has been good. The staff are very pleasant and helpful, the cars are fine and the prices reasonable. Since a bad experience dealing with another international car rental company (beginning with 'E') I have only used Ace when in New Zealand and will continue to do so.