Ace Rental Cars

Ace Rental Cars

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ace Rental Cars

Rena I.
Rena I.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

First and last time

Harry
HarryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad experience in Gold Coast

My family had a very bad experience with this company in Gold Coast. Upon arrival in the airport I found out that they do not have an office inside the airport and they will take you by a free shuttle to their depot to collect the car (that is why they are cheaper). Up to here it seems not too bad but be careful since their office is closing before 4pm and then there is no one there to pick you up and nobody answers the phone.
If you want to start a good holiday do not use their service.
At the end after 1 hour waiting for their shuttle, we had to take an Uber and pay an extra $70 to get to the hotel. After more than one month still I have not received any proper reply and no refund!!!

voltron1124
voltron1124Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Beware - they'll leave you stranded if 15 min late

Our flight was slightly late, called them 5.40pm to get the shuttle. They refused, saying and left us stranded saying they close at 6pm. Attitude was "sorry not my problem". They claimed they tried to call me however I had no missed calls and no voicemails and no texts. The worst customer service.

nang c.
nang c.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worse car rental in Australia - don’t waste your time

Spent 5 hours trying to cancel my car rental booking. Bouncing from one office to another. All we wanted to do was to cancel our rental due to Covid in Qld. Right now we cannot cancel our car rental at all because they don’t know how to give our refund back. I don’t know how a company like this do not have a process for cancellation? There is no email address to complaint and there is no management for us to speak to either. What painful process. Please don’t ever book with them!

Kerry Rose
Kerry RoseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Local people lovely but Woeful Service from start to finish -Lost booking, incorrect car and overcharged

They lost our booking TWICE. 5 Emails to get confirmation resent as the online system failed to send it.
I confirmed the car day before and STILL car was not there when we arrived so we were given a minivan in poor condition. Terrible driving and hard to park. THEN charged an extra 6 days as someone forgot to book the vehicle back in. Proof has now been sent three times showing our return flights out of Cairns as per our booking and been ignored totally on the over charge.
Never again

Charged $55 to my card a month later with zero explanation

I have had a terrible experience with this company. Firstly the lady who initially served my girlfriend and I had a seriously poor attitude about her but it's not something I was originally prepared to review on.

What has got me really fired up is that they are actively storing my credit card details over a month after the rental has passed and they decide to charge me $55 with zero explanation. No email, no phone call, nothing.

I find this extremely unprofessional and it accurately reflects the stance of the business in the attitude of the woman we first spoke with. They don't care about their customers.

Absolute trash.

Laura
LauraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not only a ‘budget’ car rental company, but lazy and horrible service too.

Tijana O.
Tijana O.Perth, WA

I’d give them zero if I could

Haris
HarisSydney Surrounds, NSW

Rude shuttle driver

We booked a car for a day with these guys and the issues started right from when we tried contacting them after we landed - no one would answer the phone they provided in the booking summary. When the shuttle bus finally arrived, we got confronted by a rude, disgruntled driver for not "registering". There were no instructions in the booking about registering at the shuttle bus and it was our first time using this service so we didn't know. We walked out of the bus and told the driver to cancel our reservation to which the driver responded "you can do what you want". Appalling behavior!

We walked straight to Thrifty, was welcomed with a lovely smile and got a new clean car to use for the day!

AWARE
AWARE

No Redbook Inspection for Uber...Rubbish

This company are on the Uber Marketplace and do not supply a Redbook Inspection for the Uber drivers, they don't tell you that on their website and they don't tell you that until after you have signed with them. I spoke to Uber and they told me that it is a requirement for them to do the inspection for all drivers if they are on the Uber Marketplace.
Wasted 3 days with no pay because of this but they couldn't give a damn. It took them 8 weeks to repay me $60 for the inspection... never dealt with a company as bad as this before!!!

Getting a one star because I can't give them none.

Credit card Fraud by Ace car rentals

Toll overcharging

Eric
EricAustralia

Fraudulent toll charges

Rented a car from them, covered it under LinkT. After car was returned, a charge of $38 admin fees was charged on a 70cents toll charge. We obtained a letter from LinkT and LinkT confirmed that we should not be charged, as LinkT covered the car for the date and Eastlink. Upon providing the evidence, Ace rental made a false claim that LinkT doesn't cover Eastlink. This is definitely a false statement, and they refused to make any refund. This is licensed robbery.