Ace Rental Cars

Ace Rental Cars

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ace Rental Cars

• Booking Process
  • Vehicle Condition
  • Received Booked Vehicle
Bek
BekSydney, NSW

Terrible shuttle service

Waited 40 minutes for the shuttle that still didn’t show up to take us back to the airport. Ended up having to catch a cab to arrive to the airport on time.

Nothing wrong with the car or pickup , apart from it not being at the airport.

Man behind the service counter was rude upon drop off and not helpful at all. Will never use this service again.

Terese
TereseSouth East Queensland, QLD

phone calls not answered had to wait for shuttle weren’t offered toll cover to many hidden charges Triple quoted price

Customer service was ok after initial wait to be picked
Wasn’t told about other payments
Not the same as I booked or was expecting
Used for Leisure, yes met our needs

Ruth
Ruth

Rubbish service, hidden costs and takes a lot of extra time and stress

Diversity
DiversityGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extremely poor customer service

Very negative customer service experience at Brisbane Ace car rentals. The car was great. . But the trouble we had will ensure i will never use them again. Car had flat battery in keys which they refused to change but expected me to take to get new batteries to their other location in coolongatta. They NEVER answer ph nor reply to email. Impossible to communicate with them. Poor opening hours doesn’t allow fir after hour return of vehicle.

N L
N LMelbourne

Beware of Credit Card Requirement

Booked a car in New Zealand. On arrival advised they could only take payment of the bond with a credit card, no option of using debit card. Requested that we purchase higher level of insurance at $20/day with no bond.
After much discussion they revealed there was the option of a "bond buyout" at $5/day.

Ron
RonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Extremely disappointed

Customer service at the point of rental was very good.
However, to receive an insurance claim for two problems with the car which were nothing to do with me certainly soured the experience. Never again.

Not Happy !

Customer service was friendly and quick. The elderly chap was very friendly and helped us with our lugguage.
Was asked if we wanted "city link", said "no" as we had transfered our Queensland one to the rental car. Then saw on my credit card statement that $52.35 was taken off on 20/12/18. Not happy !!!
Yes, the vehicle we received was what we were expecting.
Weren't happy with the state of the back seat as it was covered with red soil. Had to go to K-Mart and buy a large beach towel in order to sit on the seat.

Ace Car Rental, not so Ace Pickup

Not so good

It is some time since I used Ace. I always had difficulty getting the discount offered for always using Ace so on my last effort I rang them up at Coolangatta (or thereabouts) thinking I would do my booking over the phone. I got rebuffed by the girl answering who insisted I use the internet and then ring her to amend the booking to get my 10% discount (and this in spite of having used them for years with all my details on their computer). I have subsequently used Enterprise who will do a booking over the phone and have enjoyed good cars and service. I have just booked with enterprise again for a booking of 1 month beginning in July. Poor service I do not stand for!, after all I am the one paying.

Molly
MollyOamaru

Woeful service!!

Bad experience with Ace

Kat
Kat

Staff lovely - but business is run poorly

The staff are lovely and accommodating but I waited 50mins to drop off the car and couldn’t get a shuttle to the airport. 10 people (3 different groups) almost missed their flights - we got in 5 mins before check in closed. The cars a bit dodgy - the rear view mirror would just drop off and I’d have to slide it back on.

ALWAYS get a receipt

Used Ace Rent a Car in Hawaii - 3 times. Great friendly service. We got a parking ticket. Notified ACE when we returned the car. Laughed about it, got shown the other "tickets" they had collected that weekend. Paid the manager cash. DIDN'T get a receipt. Got busy returning vehicle and forgot. Get home to an extra charge US$35 for the fine and US$25 for not reporting it. Apparently the manager is the one investigating it. Shame because we had no complaints about the cars we hired or the service we received. Still waiting 4 months later for the customer care team to reply within the 24 hours they say they will.

Too many surprises after you have booked

This was not a good experience - car was fine fine but the picking up and drop off arrangements are not up front and not suitable for early and late flights also the bind required even though you have paid insurance is locked in and not immediately returned.

Be aware of closure times

Buyer beware. If your flight is delayed and you arrive after the Ace office closes (6 pm in Perth), you will not be able to collect your car until the next day - and then you will have to go to their office which in Perth is miles out of town near the airport.