Acorn Rentals

Clean car. Suited us perfectly.

Customer service was great. Car was delivered on time. We got car which we ordered and it suited our requirements perfectly and bond was handled efficiently by Aclaim Smash Repairs.

Great to have a vechilr to drive while waiting for mine to be gixed

It was great having a car while mine was in the shop.The car was the same as I have.All clean and tidy.The car was looked after well.Their is absolutely nothing I could have asked for as everything was done for me.I would definitely recommend this rental company to family and friends.Thank you.

Vehicle Condition
Vehicle TypeToyota RAV4
Received Booked Vehicle Yes
Thank you John! We appreciate referrals from our valued customers and your recommendations are truly appreciated! Wishing you happy and safe driving and we thank you also for taking the time to review. Best regards, Acorn Rentals Team.

Met all my expectations.

Customer service was very good. The car did not quite have a full tank of petrol. I did return it with a full tank.
No payments were required from me as this was all handled by the respective insurance companies.
The vehicle was the same type as I was promised.
The vehicle was used to replace my company car, which took 3 days to repair after a no fault accident on my behalf.

Very convenient

Customer service was good. My experience was not at fault accident, NRMA insurance paid. the vehicle was a rav 4 which was not a good experience for me personally but I can see it would suit most people for most day to day driving. This vehicle was to replace my Ford Mondeo which it did for the most part but I found driving was vague, reminiscent of floating, the car has radar and brakes at will when approaching other vehicles. Traction on wet roundabouts was like riding on plastic wheels, the car rocked like a boat, I felt like I was pointing the car rather than driving it. Company good, car bad.

Great help from Acorn

The service was good,efficient,pleasant. I expected lexus es300 but got Toyota corolla instead but it is

Prompt service

Excellent service and professional people I was in a not at fault car crash, rental car was delivered next day. Great car to drive, on maternity leave atm so only used it about 5 times in the 2 weeks but still useful and much appreciated as didn't cost me anything just the petrol i used

An Instant Solution to a Problem

Having someone drive into the back of your car in December is probably worse timing than usual. Acorn made coping easy - providing suitable vehicles to keep us going with assisting with a house move, and continue to transport our family of five, plus Mum(s). The Acorn team were very helpful. The rating would be 5-star were it not that one of the cars let them down. (They did, very quickly, provide a replacement.)

Leoleo

All was good as it should be. Camry was great. Assuming that leoleoptyly shown on credit card statement was for rental car. If so would prefer that statement identified Acorn or car rental

Very good service - would use again.

I found the service to be very prompt and efficient. Staff always polite and helpful. I was very happy with the car and the collecting and delivery worked in well with my work times. No hassles- it all worked well.
Would definitely use them again.

Nice service, communication could be better

Excellent system, but customer service could be improved. Was easy picking up car and dropping off from garage where car was getting repairs. Seems to be difficulty with Aus-NZ transition - phone calls not getting through, details filled in on online form not saving, documents promised to email never being sent etc.

Hi Lynette. Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you were pleased with our service but the communication issues don't sound normal. I apologise if you were caused any inconvenience. I am going to go and speak with some of our team and see if they can identify any issues in New Zealand correspondences. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so we can look into it. We thank you for your generous 4-Star review. Kind regards, Acorn Rentals Team.

PROFESSIONAL SERVICE

Very good service,punctual & professional service with delivery of vehicle on time.
A car that we requested or similar was provided in a friendly ,courteous & efficient manner.
Would definitely recommend the company

That's great to hear Sam! We aim to have absolutely first class customer service and it is always fantastic to hear that we have been able to impress our valued customers such as yourself! Thanks again Sam and have a lovely afternoon. Acorn Rentals Team.

It was great

It was excellent. As I didn’t have to pay anything as it was a replacement car while mine was being fix from an accident I can’t answer that question. I did not book a car so can’t not answer that question either. I used the car for general purposes.

Hi Jacqui! Thanks for letting us know that you were pleased with our great service. We are very happy that you enjoyed the use of our no-cost vehicle. Thanks for sharing your experience! Kind regards, Acorn Rentals Team.

Small car like I requested

Your representative met me at my Panel Beaters at an agreed time and explained some of the functions of the Toyota Yaris which was very much appreciated

Hi there Morza. It can take a little getting used to driving a car that is not your own, we understand. That is why we always try to find a similar vehicle to your own and we are always happy to answer any questions you may have. We will always do our best to be flexible and find a vehicle suitable for individual purposes. We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us and thank you for your kind review. Acorn Rentals Team.

Very good

Car was only used minimally as my own car was getting repaired. The car was clean, full of fuel and met my requirements.

Thanks Suzie. Glad you were happy with our service and thank you for your review. Kind regards, Acorn Rentals Team.

Fuel tank not filled on pick up

Very convenient for drop off and pick up, car was ready when the company said it would be. Only downside was the fuel tank was not full on pick up (under 3/4 full) and was expected to be full on return of vechile. Thus the good review as was disappointing on that front.

Hi Jp99. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our service. I am glad to hear that things generally were to your satisfaction however I am concerned to hear about the less-than-full fuel level on delivery. I would like to find out the circumstances of how the vehicle was delivered to you with this level of fuel. If you have time, would you be able to respond to a private message I am about to send you? Many thanks and our apologies for the inconvenience. Acorn Rentals Team.

This is very convenient and efficient

Great customer service. Good doorstep service. Good to know you guys are taking care of the people who are not at fault in an accident.

Thank you A S! Yes, it a very gratifying 'job' we do do here at Acorn Rentals. We really enjoy helping Not-At-Fault drivers such as yourself get back on the road easily and quickly and with minimal fuss. We genuinely appreciate hearing that we have made a difference, so thank you kindly for taking the time to share your experience. Have a great afternoon A S - and happy future driving! Acorn Rentals Team.

Helpful car replacement service

Acorn Rentals were a lifesaver when I was rear-ended and my car was badly damaged. It was a quick and easy process to get a temporary car (given the accident was no fault of mine) and it gave me the transport I needed to keep working. The car was new which maintained my professional image. While it wasn't a 7 seater like my own car, it had sufficient room to meet most of my business and personal transport needs.

Hi Sezb. Sorry to hear your car was badly damaged. I hope that everyone was okay. I am glad we could assist and provide you with a replacement to keep you moving during the time you were without your own vehicle. Thank you for your review and kindest regards, Acorn Rentals Team.

What a great service

I am a busy builder who can't afford downtime as it costs my business when I do, after my work van was in a accident, Acorn Rentals had me in a replacement van and on the road within hours! Couldn't ask for more

Hi Dom! Yes, time is money when you run your own business. Acorn has a selection of utes and vans to help busy tradies get back on the road and back on with business. I am so pleased we could assist you. Please let us know if we can help you or anyone you know out in the future. Thanks for taking the time to share this review. We appreciate it. Kindest regards, Acorn Rentals Team

Really good rental car solution for if you are in an accident

Really good service, they dropped off and picked up the car from our home at a time that suited us and they were on time. Which was really convenient.

They were mostly really good at communicating, however I think the policy with a total loss vehicle could have been explained a bit better, I got 2 different answers from 2 different staff members. So I was really confused as I thought I had 14 days rental but it actually ended once I received settlement. So I only ended up getting the vehicle for 8 days and I still needed to find a new car.

But overall a great experience and would use them again if I am ever in another accident.

I am so pleased you enjoyed the use of the vehicle Nancy. And we thank you for your great review. I do apologise if there was any miscommunication regarding the period you were entitled to the vehicle. As it stands, once settlement has been received it is considered that your loss has now been resolved and we cannot recover past this date. We do hope you understand. Many thanks for using our service and thanks again for your generous 4-Star review. Acorn Rentals Team.

Good car very clean prompt service very happy with all my needs and would like to thank you again for your prompt service

That is very kind of you Con. We in turn would like to thank you for using our service and taking the time to share your experience of it here on Product Review. Wishing you all the very best, Acorn Rentals Team.

My husbands car was ran into while it was parked, out insurance has advised us not to drive it until it is assessed which is the 4th jan due to being christmas. They have paid excess to their insurance but thweir insurance is telling us we have to pay for the hire car first then they will reimburse me, which is so wrong when we arent at fault. What is the process on getting a car through you please? my isnurance company has forwared your detaisl on, cheers, Kirby
Good Morning Kirby, I can either send you an application form to your email, you can apply on our website http://acornrentals.com.au/not-at-fault-application-form/ or please contact our head office on 1300 22 6767. Kind regards, Acorn Rentals

Do you have an office at the Gold Coast?
Hi Joan, we do not have an office at the Gold Coast however we deliver vehicles there from our Brisbane branch. Hope this answers your question. Regards, Aaron

Hi, have just been reading through some of your shining reviews. However I am interested in hiring a campervan, do you hire campers at all?
Good Morning Joe, Unfortunately we do not have camper vans. We apologize for any inconvenience. Kind Regards, Acorn Rentals

Similar listings