1.7

Jason
JasonPerth, WA22 posts

Max
MaxSydney, NSW16 posts

Not happy with the bills

I received a bill for gas which was …

I live in Canberra. I received a gas bill from ActewAGL, renamed to Evoenergy, fors which was twice as my usual bills even in winter. Contacted them but no results. Very disappointed with them.

Denise
Denise4 posts

ActewAGL Energy Shop- excellent customer service

My review relates purely to the ActewAGL energy shop in Fyshwick. Over the last year we have purchased and had installed gas water heating, refurbished the gas ducted heating and most recently installed an air conditioning unit. Each time I have been very impressed with the service we have received from the advice we have received in the shop, the guy that came to quote, the installers and the accounts payable team. They are a great team - they know the products, the quotes are competitive, they keep you informed, they turn up on time, they get the job done leaving everything clean and tidy.

not happy
not happy

poor customer service

Absolute joke ring them any day of the year they always seems to have a high number calls and thank you patience... after one hour i hung up what a joke

Thand
ThandSouthern and Hills, SA5 posts

Generally reliable. Seems to have improved over the years

Very few problems with gas or electricity connections. Phoning their help desk usually gets things done. I think they only use Australian call centres and I only had one or two difficult dealings, the worst of which were 15+ years ago

GreatViews
GreatViewsCanberra 2600, ACT13 posts

TTT
TTTACT2 posts

Never appreciate loyal customer. Ridiculous Customer Service!

I have been with actewagl since 2014. Just got my recent bill and found out my bundle discount got removed. Call their call center and they claims that my contract had ended in March 2017. Due to I did not contact them to renew my contract therefore all discount been removed! This is absolutely ridiculous as they continue the supply but removed the discount! I only received a mail in January 2017 and no more after that, I request to renew the contract and back date the discount. They claims that they are unable to do so! This is absolutely rubbish and I think its time for me to look for other provider.

AngryFRUSTRATED
AngryFRUSTRATED2 posts

Inept rude overcharged

I should have known i would have issues when my first bill for a new apartment was $700 overdue! Only went down hill from there. Called over 10 times to get it shut off, was sent to collection company whilst waiting for dispute resolution with billing, called again today and kept getting called whilst trying to resolve overcharging! Will NEVER use them again. Worst company. Worst service!

Z007
Z007

TRL
TRL

Big Bully in the Industry

My previous rental resident had electricity service from ActewAGL (not by choice). Moved out a month ago, requested closing account online, my online account epayplus showed "account closed", nautually thought it was all good. A month later, received a new bill for the new tenant's usage, called up to clarify the situation, basically been implied as a liar who wants to get away from paying bills.

I understand you can't avoid system or human errors all the time, but they seems to assume IT IS ALWAYS THE CUSTOMER'S FAULT. Welcome to Canberra Essential Energy!

LAWLS
LAWLS

Cold and Frustrated
Cold and Frustrated

Not our fault or problem

I recently moved into a new apartment in a new state and (my fault) thought I had moved to my usual power supplier (PowerShop). ActewAGL responded to my mistake by shutting off my power (Apparently they sent a letter but I never got it) and when I called, I was informed that they would turn it back on by 10pm. They didn't show up or call me, so I was stuck without power or heating with 2 small children in Canberra winter night. When I rang the next day, there was no apology or concern, they said simply that they would get to it. I would strongly suggest that if you can find an alternative, you should take it.

I KNOW

Caritta

Always Optimistic
Always OptimisticCanberra14 posts

Meter Reading Failures

After having several scheduled meter readings not occur, I decided to spend a week being sure that I was around when the reader was scheduled. I telephoned the service office and was told "today, tomorrow or the next day. Well, I suppose that might pass for "service" somewhere, but I know our business couldn't get away with it.

However, then the waiting game begins. No, he/she did not come that day, or the next day, or the day after that. Some contract company does the work that used to be done by ACTEW employees. I would have expected ACTEW to at least check on the performance.
None
All the bad qualities of a monopoly pretending to be acting in a free market.

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now