3.6

JasonSydney

Parts / Service - AVOID

Trying to get my 92year old Mothers Air con fixed, was diagnosed as a faulty capacitor - called Actron to give them the model and serial number etc - given wrong information regarding capacitor size by the Actron Service / Parts division. I paid someone to come out and fix it, but as it was the wrong part they had to go back and get the right one - costing me $150 more in service fee as I had to pay for the bloke to drive in peak hour traffic to get the right part...

Purchased in February 2000.

Call was made to 1300 522 722 at 11:27am on Tues Jan 29th 2019

Actron air ducted system

Not the cheapest quote for ducted air, but the most detailed and had two systems to choose from- three or two zoned. Very quick installation from acceptance of the quote, considering it was installed in November this was amazing! Installers were on time and efficient. Have used the system all summer even on the 45+ degree days and it has been awesome! Very quiet units both inside and out and quick cooling- I only use on low setting and its cool within 10min. Very happy so far :D

Purchased in November 2018.

Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Whole House
ActronAirActronAir

Hi Grace, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review on Product Review. We appreciate all feedback and are happy to hear you are enjoying the comfort of your Classic system.

Review collected in partnership with ActronAir

This is my 2nd unit in fifteen years and still the same issue it just is not doing the job

I decided to purchase a NEW ACTRON A/C for my upstairs living area (ducted) however as with the last unit I purchased fifteen years ago I am bitterly disappointed, the unit just cant cope even though I was advised this unit was what I needed for the job. The unit is very quiet but takes hours to cool the upstairs and then not the temperature I want. I also wanted to separate one of the bedrooms to have its own climate control as my daughter suffers from asthma and overheating and was told this was not possible.

Purchased in August 2018 for A$5,000.00.

Home Insulation Level Average
Room Type Large Bedroom

Andrew

AndrewSydney, NSW

Perfectly cools and heats!

My ActronAir Classic has been on point for two summers now. It has coped on the 35 degrees plus days well and can be kept on all day no problem. It cools the house fast and efficiently during the days and helping us get a good nights sleep. The controls are simply and easy to use, from changing air flow, temperature and setting timers. I would recommend ActronAir units to all my friends and family!

Date PurchasedDec 2018
ActronAirActronAir

Hi Andrew, Thanks for the review. We appreciate all feedback on Product Review. We hope you continue to stay cool in Summer and warm in winter with your ActronAir Classic system.

Allan

AllanSydney, NSW

This is perfect, should have done it sooner.

This unit cools the entire house very quickly and even in the extreme heat we have had over Christmas. The controller is very user friendly, even my 7 year old can use it.

Purchased in December 2018 for A$6,800.00.

Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Whole House
ActronAirActronAir

Hi Allan, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Product Review. We appreciate all feedback and are happy to hear you are enjoying the comfort of your ActronAir Classic system.

Review collected in partnership with ActronAir

Actron air is a waste of time and money

Actron air ducted system broke down in 2015 call actron air to come out one of the gas line broke them replace the the front condenser broking gas line compressor start up capacitor 2019 hot weather this peace of crap actron air ducted system broke down again not worth it money wast of money

Date PurchasedAug 2012
VIKAS

VIKASSTANHOPE GARDENS

Perfect Air Conditioner for home

Actron AC was installed at my place in Jan 2013 and is working perfectly fine since then. Never had any issues with my air conditioner and get the cooling immediately on the hot days and heating on the cold days. Very efficient unit. Also, great after sales Service. Will definitely recommend Actron AC to my friends and family.

Date PurchasedJan 2013
ActronAirActronAir

Hi Vikas, Thank you for taking the time to place your comment on Product Review. We are delighted to hear you are pleased with your Classic unit. Your feedback is important to us. Thanks - Andrew

Margery

MargeryCopeton

Great for our house specially during summer

This was all we needed to cool and heat our 3 bed room house. We also have a long hall way so got surprised how well this air con unit works as the tubes are super long! It takes mere seconds to cool the house or heat the house and we love the system

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Ian S

Ian SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent hardware, & works superb but useless delivery by supplier

Date PurchasedDec 2017

MorningSydney Surrounds, NSW

Cannot cope with hot days

Currently, the temperature outside is 39 degrees, inside temperature is 30 degrees with air-conditioner on 16 degrees. This is very inefficient. Have come home from work with an air conditioner that works well. We have not used this much - only on hot days 30 plus. At least it is still going today. Usually it stops with very hot days ie over 38 degrees.

Date PurchasedNov 2012
WingNutter

WingNutterCentral West, NSW

A Quiet & Efficient Actron Ducted Add-On A/C Unit to Existing Brivis Gas Heater

Unhappy1045

Unhappy1045AU

Costly

Two years old the control panel had to be replaced at a cost of $180 plus $200 service call which is not under warranty. Five years and eight months Just out of warranty the soft starter had to be replaced at a cost of $650. lucky the technical had a spare one in his van.

Date PurchasedSep 2012

Best designed unit...silent in operation and so cool

This unit would have.to be the most efficient unit I've seen and experienced.
2nd to none in efficiency,style,.and comfort.
Other manufacturers should take a leaf and adapt to this design and efficiency.
My hat off to the manufacturer and my congratulations to a job well done in the best air conditioning unit ever...

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Ray E

Ray ESydney, NSW

Great System

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Mars

Marsperth

Large, noisy and bad at heating.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Very Happy with it!

Very happy with the air con system. Very easy to use and simple and easy to keep it at the temperature that you would prefer. Lots of different settings to use to make it the most comfortable but its still easy to use. would highly recommend it to anyone needing an aircon

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Lorry

LorryGold Coast

Great product has services us well

After 10 years of faithful service and freezing our butts off in the hot QLD summer, finally the compressor went. It was replaced in three days and away it goes again freezing our butts off again. The Air Con is to cold for my wife, where my son and I cannot have it cold enough. 22.5 is the compromise and she will sneak it up to 24 when she can :)
As for the company that installed, they get zero stars. Nicholas Air Conditioners in Brisbane where terrible. They ended up sacking their installer as there was a class action about to hit them. Still that was a separate issue the product has been great.

Date PurchasedJun 2005
David T

David TSydney, NSW

A Great Choice

Our Actron ducted system was installed by DJS Air to replace a 39 year old Westinghouse. The installation went without any drama and was quick and clean. The new unit is quiet, powerful and effective. Pleasing to look at. What more can you want. Hopefully it will last as long as the old one. Good that it is made in Australia.

rba

rbaSydney, NSW

Rock solid, so far...

Our Actron ducted system is two years old this week. Faultless so far. Replaced an old EmailAir system and is quieter (inside and out), more efficient and more effective. The Classic series are conventional cycling (non-inverter) systems but include some modern electronic controls and high quality components - works perfectly for what we want. Can't comment on after-sales service - haven't needed any. Got ours installed by A-Grade Air Conditioning from Seven Hills (word of mouth reference) - ignore their crappy website, they were very professional and seem to have done a quality job.
Overall I'm pleased to support an Aussie-made system that has met all expectations.

Such an awesome air con and lovely company to help with any issues!

Has been such a reliable air conditioner and the company who makes it is really on point with their help. They will send you instructions for a quick fix if any problems occur and it's super easy to fix. I would write more, but I am just so cool and relaxed :)

Chad P

Chad Pasked

Classic SRG151E (15.0kW, Single Phase)

Hi 39 degrees and the ducted ac has stopped working again! It seems that every 2 years or so we have to have the soft start and/or the capacitors replaced. I have now stopped having the soft start part replaced as it would fail too regularly. I would say that since my original purchase ten years ago I have probably paid as much in service calls and parts as it would have cost to buy individual split ac for each of my rooms. Cost of ownership has proven to be out of control.

Hi Chad,

We're sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with these parts. Thank you for bringing it to our attention so we can follow it up with our product team. We'd like to work with you to have the issues resolved so I'll send you a private message to get some contact details from you.

In the interim to help troubleshoot why the unit has stopped working, please give our Technical Support team a call on 1800 119 229 or email technicalsupport@actronair.com.au to let them know how the unit is behaving and any error messages you're receiving.

Thanks - Catherine

Chander

Chanderasked

Classic SRA131C (12.8kW, Single Phase)

If this is ducted AC, where is the indoor unit installed.

Hi Chander,

The indoor unit is typically installed in the ceiling. Ducting is also installed in the ceiling, connected to vents that are positioned throughout your home or premise, and will distribute the conditioned air.

If you have any other questions, just let us know.

Chris R.

Chris R.asked

Classic

where in a room is actron air placed in a room with ducted system

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting in contact with us on Product Review. Are you asking where the outlets are placed in a room?

Cheers - Andrew

Get an answer from our members and ActronAir representatives