Adria Altea 552UP

10 questions from our users

Greg W.

Greg W.asked

Altea 552UP

My electric hot water will not get hot, I have the switch on but no hot water

Joe N Jenny T.asked

Altea 552UP

We have a brand new 552up and the water stops working when hooked up on town water and we keep losing hot water

Simon
Simon

Did you solve the problem, as we seem to be having a similar problem

Still have problems. Brand new Van

Joe N Jenny T.

I fixed the problem myself. A valve just past the regulator was installed wrong way around. No problem since.

Peta N.

Peta N.asked

Altea 552UP

I would like to use my solar panel to charge the battery through the 12 pin plug. Is this a good idea? What's the usual set up for solar on these caravans. My solar is a portable panel. Regards, Don.

Hi Don,
I haven’t set up a solar panel system yet, as it hasn’t been necessary.
I think the most common method is through an Anderson plug. However, using your 12 pin plug is worth considering. Make sure you have a proper charge controller though.
I suggest you put the question ot there on some other caravan forums, for example, Everything Caravan and Camping.
Regards,

Michael H

Michael Hasked

Altea 552UP

Hi, on my 552up the corrugated hose from the fold down sink is cracked and leaking. Any thoughts on how to repair it? Is it possible to remove the panel below the sink to gain access to the pipe. Mike H

Mary

Maryasked

Altea 552UP

Please help we can not run our fridge on gas or battery so any idea what to do?
Many thanks

Ronni S

Ronni Sasked

Altea 552UP

Hi, we don’t ha e any solar power to turn the main lights on. Battery is charging and fuses are fine. We stopped, flushed toilet then nothing. Any ideas?

Brad

Bradasked

Altea 552UP

How do I get the hot water working?

Joe
Joe

On 240v
Is the power ON, is the system switched ON under the bed and the main power plug in and switched ON.
On Gas
Is the gas turned ON and are the gas bottles full, have you removed the exhaust outlet cover and switched the gas temp selector to 60 or 70 degrees

David C
David C

I agree with Joe - had the same problem but all ok once power switch under bed is on. Silly place to have it though!!

I have moved all three switches A/C, hot water & battery charger which are under bed to a 3 switch panel on siding near a/c outlet at end of bed outside bathroom. This was suggested to me by Andy and is a great solution so I don’t have to lift bed every time these need to be accessed

DebL
DebL

Sorry to sound vague but which switch under the bed do I turn on for electric hot water, I thought I must have only gas hot water, so much to learn, thanks in advance ?

Jean Cook

Jean Cookasked

Altea 552UP

Is there external power point under sun awning?

Pete
Pete

Hi Jean,

Our 552PK has a waterproof power point, USB ports and TV arial outside under the awning.

Can't be sure for the UP version but the picture I can see online looks very similar to ours. The spec sheet for the 552UP available on the Apollo website says that yes all these are also available on the UP.

Cheers

Corp
Corp

Hi Jean,
Up to 2014 models NO?the dealer fitted one for me it cost me about $150 but I think all newer models have them fitted.

cheers

Emilyasked

Altea 552UP

Has anyone had problems with cooker when in use sink becomes extremely hot and could burn hands ..especially children if you were not informed. Thanks

Paul
Paul

Hi Emily. No I have never had a problem with sink area getting hot. I can only think that maybe the pans / pots you are using may be too big and cover the areas up to the sides of the cooker areas not allowing enough room for heat to escape up the sides of the pan or pot. This would be made worse if you are useing square pans and pots. Hope this helps...cheers Paul

Emily

It has nothing to do with pots & pans its to do with the oven fitted under the sink so the heat rises and heats the sink. It is a design fault by Adria which they have admitted to us and said they are going to fix it in one of there work shops.

Darren

Hello, I too have experienced this, adria are claimIng that there is not as issue with e sink getting hot but have admitted that the sink waste pipe has to be moved due to the heat from the oven. How hot is your sink getting, could an adult touch it or is it even to hot for a adult? Who did u speak to in adria, what did they say they would do and how? Sorry for the questions but I am not getting anywhere with mine.
Many thanks

Rick T

Rick Tasked

Altea 552UP

Is it possible to work lights of battery only or do you always need to be plugged in to 240?? If so how??,RickT

Cherie4me

Make sure you have a good battery in compartment connected.
I changed my globes to led ones to reduce power draw.
The pump in the water tank should also work off the battery. (Remember to turn off pump each time to also reduce power draw)
The 3way fridge when on battery consumes the battery in only hours so keep this in mind.
If parked up better to switch fridge to gas if you have no 240 power.
I am still yet to connect anderson plug to power battery as I drive.
I also am yet to purchase a solar blanket to top up battery as we only tend to overnight free camping & haven't run out of battery power.
Tend to connect up with power 2days prior to departureto get battery topped up & fridge down to temp.
Drive with fridge only on battery if very hot then turn to power or gas when parked up.
If unsure of your battery go to a reputable battery /solar dealer.

Cherie4me

Make sure you have a good battery in compartment connected.
I changed my globes to led ones to reduce power draw.
If parked up better to switch fridge to gas if you have no 240 power.
I am still yet to connect anderson plug to power battery as I drive.
I also am yet to purchase a solar blanket to top up battery as we only tend to overnight free camp & haven't run out of battery power.
If unsure of your battery go to a reputable battery /solar dealer.

Get an answer from our members and Adria representatives