Adria Altea 552UP

Adria Altea 552UP Questions & Answers

10 questions from our users

My electric hot water will not get hot, I have the switch on but no hot water

We have a brand new 552up and the water stops working when hooked up on town water and we keep losing hot water

I would like to use my solar panel to charge the battery through the 12 pin plug. Is this a good idea? What's the usual set up for solar on these caravans. My solar is a portable panel. Regards, Don.
Hi Don, I haven’t set up a solar panel system yet, as it hasn’t been necessary. I think the most common method is through an Anderson plug. However, using your 12 pin plug is worth considering. Make sure you have a proper charge controller though. I suggest you put the question ot there on some other caravan forums, for example, Everything Caravan and Camping. Regards, BuppaHi Don, although it can be done, I would not recommend using the twelve pin plug to attach your solar for two reasons:- 1. The wires from your 12 pin trailer plug do not go direct to the van battery, they go thorough some smarts in the caravan (called a habitation relay) which automatically disconnects all the 12V loads in the van when there's power to the trailer plug, and only lets the car charge the van battery and run the fridge. This is a requirement so that any problems with the electrics in the van won't affect electronic safety features in the car. When you plug your solar into the 12 pin plug instead of the car it doesn't know the difference so the same thing happens, the battery will charge but you can't use any of the 12V electrics in the caravan such as lights! 2. The wires from the 12 pin plug are quite long and quite small (2.5mm2), which increases resistance and the losses from your solar. To get the best performance from your solar the wire run should be as short as possible, and using as heavy gauge wire as practical (I use 6mm2 external to the van and 10mm2 inside). For these two reasons it is better to connect your solar direct to the battery terminals rather than through the 12 pin trailer socket. You can use an Anderson plug to easily plug and unplug, and will also need a suitable fuse in the circuit, and a solar charge controller as unregulated solar from anything but the smallest of panels will overcharge the battery and kill it pretty quickly.

Please help we can not run our fridge on gas or battery so any idea what to do? Many thanks

Hi, we don’t ha e any solar power to turn the main lights on. Battery is charging and fuses are fine. We stopped, flushed toilet then nothing. Any ideas?

How do I get the hot water working?
On 240v Is the power ON, is the system switched ON under the bed and the main power plug in and switched ON. On Gas Is the gas turned ON and are the gas bottles full, have you removed the exhaust outlet cover and switched the gas temp selector to 60 or 70 degreesI agree with Joe - had the same problem but all ok once power switch under bed is on. Silly place to have it though!! I have moved all three switches A/C, hot water & battery charger which are under bed to a 3 switch panel on siding near a/c outlet at end of bed outside bathroom. This was suggested to me by Andy and is a great solution so I don’t have to lift bed every time these need to be accessedSorry to sound vague but which switch under the bed do I turn on for electric hot water, I thought I must have only gas hot water, so much to learn, thanks in advance ?

Is there external power point under sun awning?
Hi Jean, Our 552PK has a waterproof power point, USB ports and TV arial outside under the awning. Can't be sure for the UP version but the picture I can see online looks very similar to ours. The spec sheet for the 552UP available on the Apollo website says that yes all these are also available on the UP. CheersHi Jean, Up to 2014 models NO?the dealer fitted one for me it cost me about $150 but I think all newer models have them fitted. cheers

Has anyone had problems with cooker when in use sink becomes extremely hot and could burn hands ..especially children if you were not informed. Thanks
Hi Emily. No I have never had a problem with sink area getting hot. I can only think that maybe the pans / pots you are using may be too big and cover the areas up to the sides of the cooker areas not allowing enough room for heat to escape up the sides of the pan or pot. This would be made worse if you are useing square pans and pots. Hope this helps...cheers PaulIt has nothing to do with pots & pans its to do with the oven fitted under the sink so the heat rises and heats the sink. It is a design fault by Adria which they have admitted to us and said they are going to fix it in one of there work shops.Hello, I too have experienced this, adria are claimIng that there is not as issue with e sink getting hot but have admitted that the sink waste pipe has to be moved due to the heat from the oven. How hot is your sink getting, could an adult touch it or is it even to hot for a adult? Who did u speak to in adria, what did they say they would do and how? Sorry for the questions but I am not getting anywhere with mine. Many thanks Darren

Is it possible to work lights of battery only or do you always need to be plugged in to 240?? If so how??,RickT
Make sure you have a good battery in compartment connected. I changed my globes to led ones to reduce power draw. The pump in the water tank should also work off the battery. (Remember to turn off pump each time to also reduce power draw) The 3way fridge when on battery consumes the battery in only hours so keep this in mind. If parked up better to switch fridge to gas if you have no 240 power. I am still yet to connect anderson plug to power battery as I drive. I also am yet to purchase a solar blanket to top up battery as we only tend to overnight free camping & haven't run out of battery power. Tend to connect up with power 2days prior to departureto get battery topped up & fridge down to temp. Drive with fridge only on battery if very hot then turn to power or gas when parked up. If unsure of your battery go to a reputable battery /solar dealer.Make sure you have a good battery in compartment connected. I changed my globes to led ones to reduce power draw. The pump in the water tank should also work off the battery. (Remember to turn off pump each time to also reduce power draw) The 3way fridge when on battery consumes the battery in only hours so keep this in mind. If parked up better to switch fridge to gas if you have no 240 power. I am still yet to connect anderson plug to power battery as I drive. I also am yet to purchase a solar blanket to top up battery as we only tend to overnight free camp & haven't run out of battery power. Tend to connect up with power 2days prior to departureto get battery topped up & fridge down to temp. Drive with fridge only on battery if very hot then turn to power or gas when parked up. If unsure of your battery go to a reputable battery /solar dealer.

Get an answer from our members and Adria representatives