ADT Security

ADT Security Questions & Answers

9 questions from our users

Splinter

Splinterasked

Re calling for an Ambulance - where are ADT operators located? Are they in Australia?

Damian

Damianasked

Does anyone else think its odd that the majority of the (26) 5 Star reviews for ADT are from " customers" that have had the system for years....I mean, who looks for a product review site and then writes a positive review for a company after 2, 3 or even 5 years? I can understand someone writing a positive review just after installation, but 5 years later....hmmm

Ron
Ron

Hi, my answer to your point. Monitoring your alarm, is a long term value.Hence, its only any good, when broken into. Hence, if your paying $12pw, under a 36 month contract, and the alarm goes off after 2 years, its cost you $1248, you expect service. ADT, are useless, no customer service.

Those reviews are from ADT Management

Althomasked

Why are ADT quoting $1016 to convert an alarm system for compatibility with the NBN when the RAC are quoting $349 and others are offering to do the conversion for free?
Why are ADT quoting $68/month monitoring charges post conversion when the RAC are quoting $35/month and others are offering $38/month after free conversion

Shaun g
Shaun g

Because they’re corrupt

Renee B.
Renee B.

I was told by ADT I would have to have a new system put in because NBN was not compatible with my system. This was over 12 months ago and I am still using my original ADT alarm with no problems. Still works and if I test by setting off my alarm they still phone me back as they are monitoring my alarm still.

Lorraine E

Lorraine Easked

I have been advised to steer clear of wifi systems and go for GPS. Does ADT only do wifi?

Robert

I agree with the advice of going for GPS if you are going to install a system to locate your car if it is stolen. For home security, I installed an ADT monitored alarm with a SIM card, which was to call ADT Security monitoring service if I pushed the emergency button or if, an intruder broke into my home.

My test results showed that ADT SECURITY NEVER respond to numerous alarm tests. They certainly did not respond when I activated the emergency button. What if really needed help? I would not have been able to get any from ADT Security? So it is I say, wise and prudent, to stay away from them because they are dishonest, Call other firms and do not rely on what ADT Security salesmen tell you. I say this because I found ADT Security to be dishonest. They breached my security monitoring contract.

What I say ia a clear case of deceptive and misleading conduct, I was lulled into a false sense of security, thinking that my alarm was monitored by ADT 24 x 7. I paid extra for this service; but they never responded to any of the alarms or my emergency button...ever. I found ADT Security to be extremely dishonest. I discovered they left me unprotected if an intruder were to break in ir if I had an emergency.

There are a large range of other companies which offer good priced alarm systems and which do monitor alarm systems 24 x 7. Do not as I did, allow yourself to be lulled into a false sense of security by ADT Security because I don't and cannot find one single reason why anyone should should place their lives, possessions and personal safety at risk by dealing with ADT Security.

I doubt that any of the posts on this forum supporting ADT Security are real. I bet they are placed here by ADT Security themselves. Remember this, if you have an emergency or a burglar, that is when you will find out if the money you pay to ADT Security was a good thing, or whether this warning to you is a wise and sensible warning. Don't take the risk; find a reputable firm that delivers on their promises....

Althom

Take a look at the posts on here.
ADT has an absolutely shocking reputation but all of a sudden there's a whole lot of people who've never posted one single other review saying ADT is great.
They are so obviously being posted by ADT it's laughable.
If ADT put half as much effort into customer service as they do into lying to customers they'd be OK
Stay away, they are bad news

Althomasked

I Have just received advice from ADT that the "industry standard" lifetime for a domestic alarm system is 5 years. Anyone else ever been told this? Anyone ever actually replaced their system every 5 years

Robert

Find another company to get a second or third opinion, because in my case the batteries lasted about 18 months on some components. So I would say that ADT are liars.

Becky K

Becky Kasked

My elderly neighbours alarm keeps going off - how can I fix this for her - could the batteries in the back up be going flat?

Sajidasked

I have an ADT system installed recently. I purchased full perimeter system. All the product are from DSC, Canada but all the Vibration sensors (I have 15 ) are from a company from Taiwan which is DSC compatible. When I asked my sales person about this she replied DSC, Canada no more manufacture vibration sensors. That's why they are sourcing from another company.

Does anybody install vibration sensor on window? Is it third party product?

Take care that this vibration sensor exactly look like DSC, Canada. In the box also it is written DSC but actually another company from Taiwan

Hi Sajid. I dont know about 3rd party manufacturers involved or where ADT source their components from. I never had and was given the option of vibration sensors. All i know, through my dealings with ADT is that, they are liars as to the actual functionally of their wireless systems and their service to customers also that the simple fact of, regardless of where and how they source their alarm system components, they SHOULD HONOUR and STAND BY the product they sell, HONOUR theyre service obligation and rectifyany issues arising from failure with their systems and treat their customers as valued clients rather than treat their customers as second class citizens that they can lie too, fleece, and steal from as they please. I would strongly recommend, ( based on my personal dealings with ADT and its representatives ), to steer clear of any business with them AT ALL.. Hope this message has been a help. Andrew.

Sajid

Thanks for your answer. Actually vibration sensor only come into picture if want to protect full perimeter I mean all your windows. ADT installed third party product. I understand that it is covered by ADT warranty but my view is why I should go for that if I can have DSC,Canada

I already purchased ADT system. So no way to revertback for the moment.

Fefe

Fefeasked

The ADT system is giving out a 'peeping' sound every minute or so. ( very annoying sound) What's the problem? Is it a weak battery? I think it's from the smoke/fire alarm. If it's a weak battery, is it easy to change or do I have to call ADT. Their charges are very high for a service call. Please advise what sort of battery. Thank you

MCAL

Firstly there is no such thing as an 'ADT System'. They are a reseller. Generally they will use a DSC product, but have also used DAS - NX series or more recently Reliance. They also install Tecom challengers, Honeywell Vista series as well. Generally when an alarm system beeps it is there to tell you there is a fault. The fault could be anything from low panel battery to low wireless sensor battery to loss of power to loss of back to base communications. You need to check the keypad of your system to determine the fault. I would suggest you utilise your user manual at the same time as most security alarm systems require you to go through some button pressing to determine the fault. If your keypad shows no fault indicator then you may have inadvertantly turned on the 'chime feature' of your system on. Again go through your user manual to figure out how to turn this off. If it is none of these items then it is a good chance it is not your alarm system but a stand alone smoke sensor that has a low battery. A sensor commented to your alarm system will show up as a fault if the battery is low.

DaZZa

Are you from ADT...... seems like it. please don't pretend to be a customer, that just makes ADT look even worse than that actually are.

Dennis from ACT

Dennis from ACTasked

Where can customers get a fair go? As a customer I felt abused by ADT and could not get any assistance? Do I one we have to put up with ADT's appalling unethical business behaviour? Please advise. Many thanks.

MCAL

ADT has an online complaints form that can be submitted. All complaints raised this way are given a Reference number and will always be responded to and handled professionally. The link for this is https://www.adtsecurity.com.au/about-adt/complaints .

Althom

ADT's standard response to complaints is to abuse their client and blame them for all the issues. Case in point - after 7 years with ADT and multiple "technician" visits for one particular problem I terminated their services. New monitoring company identified and rectified the problem on first visit.