ADT Security

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (108)

Customer service the worse

For more than a week I have been trying to get a quote for a yearly monitoring price as a third party will be paying the bill for our security system. This needs to be a written quote. Despite 3 phone calls and an email ADT appear to be incapable of supplying a document that states the yearly cost. The people we speak to don’t even appear to understand what we are asking. Customer service is a joke.

Worst service

We have a ware house and had issues with the alarm from the last 4 days it should be fix on urgent bases but they can't fix there product on time, need another 10 days to send there technician . Please don't use there service not reliable.

promac

promac

Worst Experience Ever- Do not Use ADT

Store LocationCalled as we use them commercially - different department

Dissatisfied ex-customer

Dissatisfied ex-customerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Atrocious customer service -

Called ADT for URGENT call out as alarm system was not working or responding to alarm code. The continual high pitch beeping could not be turned off even when the code was entered (as advised by ADT). The beeping was so loud trades left. ADT Technicians refused to assist!! Have been a customer of ADT for over 15 years. Not any longer!!

Meg

MegSydney, NSW

Very disappointing service

Michelle

MichelleSydney, NSW

got result

Well tried since mid November to get a new alarm system as my current ADT one is apparently worth putting in a museum... ie not compatible with nbn, got 2 wildly different quotes over the phone,, asked for them to be sent to me by email so I could see what I was getting before placing an order. Finally mid December got all I needed from a matter of fact helpful and it was followed by the email I requested.
Having placed my order, I am now waiting for the actual paper workk and setting up of said alarm

Store Location-
Maria

MariaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Horrible

They were hopeless for the whole time I was with them. They increased my fees without letting me know and when I canceled their services they made me pay for someone to come out and take their equipment

Store Locationmelbourne
Ben

BenSydney, NSW

Unreliable system and customer care.

It takes about one week to arrange an on-site inspection and quote. They confirmed with me 3 times for a simple time. Then while we are all waiting for the attendance on the day, the technician called and said he may or may not attend this appointment. Then he said maybe he will, but cannot confirmed, but hopes that we can cancel the appointment for him. We have been waiting for the security cameras to be installed for a long time and here comes this unreliable company. Then the technician went on and said that their cameras are very old and through a wired system that may not work very well. I just feel, F you. Don’t buy from this company.

MCo

MCoVictoria

Terrible Business Practice with Support

At our store we have a DVR camera system, and we needed to login to the admin in order to remotely access and view the footage, along with downloading necessary clips etc. However ADT themselves have changed the default admin login without our knowledge, and to reset the admin password with a security key, they have the nerve to demand a $215 technician charge for a measly 8 digit reset code which can be simply emailed to us AT NO COST!

This is holding a system at ransom, and to my recollection goes against the ACCC guidelines of fair business practices. DO NOT GO WITH ADT! Unless they can resolve our issue, I am keeping this review up.

Store LocationMelbourne Vic

Kevin Hodges

Kevin HodgesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Hopeless Accounts Department

I am a commercial customer with business premises served by ADT. My previous security company sold out to ADT and I've had continual trouble with ADT'S accounts department ever since. Half the time they don't send invoices and then demand payment for invoices I have already paid. I just can't afford to waste any more time on these peole and have cancelled their service.

Alarm system

I found vicki to be very helpful and easy to understand. she made me feel very comfortable and initially i was only looking at an alarm system for my business but also ended up doing one for my home and cameras. she explained everything very well and you could tell she loves her job and really believes in the product. I would highly recommend vicki and ADT

Store LocationVicki Spilios south australia

Makes me feel safe

I have been with ADT security for more then 6 years and now that I opened my new business Will go with you guys again

Store LocationMarek Kaminsky NSW
Jimbo

JimboSoutheast, SA

Cancellation request

Requested cancellation of monitoring of alarm. Have not activated the alarm this year as we just dont go away anywhere, so have no use for it anymore. Am satisfied with the assistance in this matter.

Whinging waltAU

Follow up - Worst business ever

Rang credit dept. Turns out they stuffed up. Then Ashish in Sydney promised to correct it and confirm by email COB today. But nothing!!

Whinging walt

Follow-up: They never bothered to contact the Dept Agency write to me or update anything. Irresponsible and bad service, Keep away

Elias Kentrotis

Elias KentrotisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Update Alarm system

Our technician Rupesh was professional, eager to explain and not in a hurry to leave. I highly recommend him and ADT.

Keg's old man

Keg's old manGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not worth the money or stress!

Customer service is so poor, no one gets back to you, glad we ditched them. Stay away, stay well away.

Pipindi

Pipindi

Poor communication

Mark

MarkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

ADT Security

Over the past ten years I have developed a strong relationship with ADT Security & Aaron Walter. Recently I turned to Aaron to assist me with the installation of an alarm system interstate and I was worried it would be a complicated and drawn out process as I could not be hands on as I was in Melbourne. From the time I spoke to him about the need for the alarm and the time the alarm went live there was only one conversation between him and I, the process was seamless. I turn to Aaron for all my clients security needs and he has always had the solution regardless of which State I have the problem. ADT Security & Aaron Walter are my one stop solution for my security issues.

HappyCustomer

HappyCustomerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service

Shane from ADT Security came to the office today to install our security system. He was so efficient and helpful. Fully explained and demonstrated the system before leaving and cleaned up after himself completely.

Anne

AnneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

security and safety

I very recently had my old ADT system updated, Abbas and Paris did an excellent job explaining the nuances of the new system , clear and precise instructions, very neat quick installation, Very happy with the service I received . I have been a client of ADT for many years and have found them to be an excellent service, would highly recommend to anyone seeking an alarm system at an affordable price and ongoing monitoring.

Store LocationVictoria

Splinter

Splinterasked

Re calling for an Ambulance - where are ADT operators located? Are they in Australia?

Damian

Damianasked

Does anyone else think its odd that the majority of the (26) 5 Star reviews for ADT are from " customers" that have had the system for years....I mean, who looks for a product review site and then writes a positive review for a company after 2, 3 or even 5 years? I can understand someone writing a positive review just after installation, but 5 years later....hmmm

Ron
Ron

Hi, my answer to your point. Monitoring your alarm, is a long term value.Hence, its only any good, when broken into. Hence, if your paying $12pw, under a 36 month contract, and the alarm goes off after 2 years, its cost you $1248, you expect service. ADT, are useless, no customer service.

Those reviews are from ADT Management

Althomasked

Why are ADT quoting $1016 to convert an alarm system for compatibility with the NBN when the RAC are quoting $349 and others are offering to do the conversion for free?
Why are ADT quoting $68/month monitoring charges post conversion when the RAC are quoting $35/month and others are offering $38/month after free conversion

Shaun g
Shaun g

Because they’re corrupt

Renee B.
Renee B.

I was told by ADT I would have to have a new system put in because NBN was not compatible with my system. This was over 12 months ago and I am still using my original ADT alarm with no problems. Still works and if I test by setting off my alarm they still phone me back as they are monitoring my alarm still.