ADT Security

ADT Security

Customer service the worse

For more than a week I have been trying to get a quote for a yearly monitoring price as a third party will be paying the bill for our security system. This needs to be a written quote. Despite 3 phone calls and an email ADT appear to be incapable of supplying a document that states the yearly cost. The people we speak to don’t even appear to understand what we are asking. Customer service is a joke.

Secret contract clauses!!

Unable to cancel within 3 years, and will continually increase your monthly billing rate. If you ring up and question that, they may give you a discount for a few months

Worst service

We have a ware house and had issues with the alarm from the last 4 days it should be fix on urgent bases but they can't fix there product on time, need another 10 days to send there technician . Please don't use there service not reliable.

Terrible service

Terrible customer service all billing was incorrect trying to speak to someone is impossible wish we never used them for our business

promac

promac

Worst Experience Ever- Do not Use ADT

Store LocationCalled as we use them commercially - different department
Dissatisfied ex-customer

Dissatisfied ex-customerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Atrocious customer service -

Called ADT for URGENT call out as alarm system was not working or responding to alarm code. The continual high pitch beeping could not be turned off even when the code was entered (as advised by ADT). The beeping was so loud trades left. ADT Technicians refused to assist!! Have been a customer of ADT for over 15 years. Not any longer!!

Poor product and service

We have a jewellery store and had issues with the alarm for last ten days despite four phone calls the problem is not fixed and no technician sent to check. We are moving away.. Do not use them

Store LocationMelbourne
Stu7

Stu7Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst - Poor customer service

Contacted 6 times due to tech problem via email, web and phone but no reply. Meant to be a security service. Been a customer for 11 years.
Update 02/01/2021 - I contacted complaints department requesting an urgent call from the manager as our alarm system is not being monitored properly.
Update 05/01/2021 - it’s now 4 days later and still no call back from manager and house still not securely monitored. Stay away from them.

Account Department Useless.

Signed up for back to base monitoring of our alarm. All good while we were paying the system off as part of our monthly monitoring fee. We'd finished paying for the system and then CoVID hit. We wanted to cancel our account as we are working from home and no longer needed alarm monitoring. That's when it all went sour. Lost track of how many times we had to contact them to tell them to stop taking out the monthly fee. After they finally agreed to credit back the last monthly fee, we're still waiting and it's coming up to 3 months and still haven't seen the refund.

Meg

MegSydney, NSW

Very disappointing service

Maria

MariaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Horrible

They were hopeless for the whole time I was with them. They increased my fees without letting me know and when I canceled their services they made me pay for someone to come out and take their equipment

Store Locationmelbourne
Ben

BenSydney, NSW

Unreliable system and customer care.

It takes about one week to arrange an on-site inspection and quote. They confirmed with me 3 times for a simple time. Then while we are all waiting for the attendance on the day, the technician called and said he may or may not attend this appointment. Then he said maybe he will, but cannot confirmed, but hopes that we can cancel the appointment for him. We have been waiting for the security cameras to be installed for a long time and here comes this unreliable company. Then the technician went on and said that their cameras are very old and through a wired system that may not work very well. I just feel, F you. Don’t buy from this company.

Laura E.

Laura E.Perth, WA

Inept and useless customer service team

Store LocationPerth
Jo-Anne

Jo-AnnePerth, WA

Accounts Department Nightmare

After not debiting my credit card on numerous random months for reasons not specified (not my fault) they added a large outstanding amount (6 months in total) to my Account in July.

I asked them for a copy of my Account Statement so I could go through my CC Statements to verify the missing months. I subsequently paid the amount outstanding in October, although it hurt as they had not been monitoring our home for some time due to us switching to the NBN.

However, some 3 weeks after I had paid the amount outstanding they referred me to a credit agency. I have now called them twice to rectify and I am still getting emails from the credit agency.

MCo

MCoVictoria

Terrible Business Practice with Support

At our store we have a DVR camera system, and we needed to login to the admin in order to remotely access and view the footage, along with downloading necessary clips etc. However ADT themselves have changed the default admin login without our knowledge, and to reset the admin password with a security key, they have the nerve to demand a $215 technician charge for a measly 8 digit reset code which can be simply emailed to us AT NO COST!

This is holding a system at ransom, and to my recollection goes against the ACCC guidelines of fair business practices. DO NOT GO WITH ADT! Unless they can resolve our issue, I am keeping this review up.

Store LocationMelbourne Vic

Kevin Hodges

Kevin HodgesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Hopeless Accounts Department

I am a commercial customer with business premises served by ADT. My previous security company sold out to ADT and I've had continual trouble with ADT'S accounts department ever since. Half the time they don't send invoices and then demand payment for invoices I have already paid. I just can't afford to waste any more time on these peole and have cancelled their service.

Whinging waltAU

Follow up - Worst business ever

Rang credit dept. Turns out they stuffed up. Then Ashish in Sydney promised to correct it and confirm by email COB today. But nothing!!

Whinging walt

Follow-up: They never bothered to contact the Dept Agency write to me or update anything. Irresponsible and bad service, Keep away

Keg's old man

Keg's old manGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not worth the money or stress!

Customer service is so poor, no one gets back to you, glad we ditched them. Stay away, stay well away.

Pipindi

Pipindi

Poor communication

HORRIBLE customer service.

Cancelled the service they continue charging my account and do not issue a refund nor respond to messages. Promised to look into it for months now with nothing happened. Switched to another provider.
Completely incompetent!

Splinter

Splinterasked

Re calling for an Ambulance - where are ADT operators located? Are they in Australia?

Damian

Damianasked

Does anyone else think its odd that the majority of the (26) 5 Star reviews for ADT are from " customers" that have had the system for years....I mean, who looks for a product review site and then writes a positive review for a company after 2, 3 or even 5 years? I can understand someone writing a positive review just after installation, but 5 years later....hmmm

Ron
Ron

Hi, my answer to your point. Monitoring your alarm, is a long term value.Hence, its only any good, when broken into. Hence, if your paying $12pw, under a 36 month contract, and the alarm goes off after 2 years, its cost you $1248, you expect service. ADT, are useless, no customer service.

Those reviews are from ADT Management

Althomasked

Why are ADT quoting $1016 to convert an alarm system for compatibility with the NBN when the RAC are quoting $349 and others are offering to do the conversion for free?
Why are ADT quoting $68/month monitoring charges post conversion when the RAC are quoting $35/month and others are offering $38/month after free conversion

Shaun g
Shaun g

Because they’re corrupt

Renee B.
Renee B.

I was told by ADT I would have to have a new system put in because NBN was not compatible with my system. This was over 12 months ago and I am still using my original ADT alarm with no problems. Still works and if I test by setting off my alarm they still phone me back as they are monitoring my alarm still.