ADT Security

ADT Security

Mark S.

Mark S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Please explain

I got my alarm system, after my new house was broken into before my keys were handed too me. Payed for the system outright, did my 3 years of monitoring. The battery died a year and a half in also more $$$... now I want to cancel monitoring have rang 3 times only to be told... I see here you've payed for the system but you are still hiring the the system from us and if you want to cancel you can pay $400 or we can remove the system WTH... Please tell me if I have payed for something how does it still belong too you.....if i go into a shopping centre and buy some groceries , does that mean they can charge me again if i want too cook it. So I'm now stuck with monitoring at a low price for 12months. MEH

Bella L

Bella LGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Service not the best

Heather

HeatherSydney, NSW

Mislead

I had cameras installed about 12 months ago and the sales men didn't explain properly how they work.
What is the point of having cameras if they don't alert you on your mobile when someone is coming up the driveway. very disappointed. I was Mislead.

Home Care Shops

Find out how ADT Security compares to other Home Care Shops

rom

romPerth, WA

service needs to improve further

clearly the customer service has improved a lot. still a lot can be done. I used the service for 3 years and my experience has been a fair but could have been a lot better.

alfred r.

alfred r.Sydney, NSW

Big rip off

ADT is big rip off I was with them for 10 years off lately it is rip off even fair trading is also in favour of multinationals company not for consumers. please read ask them question and write it down before going into contract. How much to pay upfront and also how much to pay sum total for the whole contract. Importantly about the equipment at the end of contract . How much to install and how much to dismantle it
BE CAREFUL WITH THIS MOB

Michelle C

Michelle CSouth East Queensland, QLD

is this Company sold to Overseas owner

We've been with ADT for nearly 15 years, we have our bill paid almost on time each month, had a call from their account department, a guy with heavy Chinese accent demanding the late payment, we have no idea which month we are behind as we have every of the monthly bill paid and filed, this guy rang us couple of times. I am not saying Chinese service person does not qualify, but they do need so speak fluent English with adequate grammar as customer service.

ADT change there mobile provider and i am out of pocket to get the sim card replaced

ADT Security home monitoring

Poor quality unit, does not cover the house requirement, 36 months contract, paying money for no service, should stay away, if possible better have a dog.

MH68

MH68Canberra

Questionable sales practices

I had an ADT sales rep visit my home, and after over two hours I signed up with them to a three year contract. I take full responsibility for the fact that I willingly signed, however I have to question a company that expects you to commit to them for three years without experiencing their service, and doesn’t allow a cooling off period. Luckily the company have agreed to cancel the contract, given that I hadn’t settled on the property when I signed, and settlement has been delayed. Lesson learned about signing contracts with no cooling off period!

Home Care Shops

Find out how ADT Security compares to other Home Care Shops

Total Rip Off

ADT installed my home to base monitoring alarm in 2013, it was all good until Nov 2016 when I informed ADT that I sold my house and that I no longer needed the home to base monitoring service but I was told that I still need to pay the monitoring as per the contract!!!! I am willing to pay for the remaining balance owed from the alarm system, but paying for the monitoring even if I already moved out of the property, just a total RIP OFF, RIDICULOUS!!! ADT staff are only accommodating on the initial stage when they want your business but after that, most of them were not so helpful at all.

So if you want security system installed, please look somewhere else and NOT GO with ADT Security.

TahliaR

TahliaRPerth

Accounts/billing team let this company down

Splinter

Splinterasked

Re calling for an Ambulance - where are ADT operators located? Are they in Australia?

Damian

Damianasked

Does anyone else think its odd that the majority of the (26) 5 Star reviews for ADT are from " customers" that have had the system for years....I mean, who looks for a product review site and then writes a positive review for a company after 2, 3 or even 5 years? I can understand someone writing a positive review just after installation, but 5 years later....hmmm

Ron
Ron

Hi, my answer to your point. Monitoring your alarm, is a long term value.Hence, its only any good, when broken into. Hence, if your paying $12pw, under a 36 month contract, and the alarm goes off after 2 years, its cost you $1248, you expect service. ADT, are useless, no customer service.

Those reviews are from ADT Management

Althomasked

Why are ADT quoting $1016 to convert an alarm system for compatibility with the NBN when the RAC are quoting $349 and others are offering to do the conversion for free?
Why are ADT quoting $68/month monitoring charges post conversion when the RAC are quoting $35/month and others are offering $38/month after free conversion

Shaun g
Shaun g

Because they’re corrupt

Renee B.
Renee B.

I was told by ADT I would have to have a new system put in because NBN was not compatible with my system. This was over 12 months ago and I am still using my original ADT alarm with no problems. Still works and if I test by setting off my alarm they still phone me back as they are monitoring my alarm still.