ADT Security

ADT Security

val

valSouth Australia

Read the fine print

All okay until it went up to $49.10 a month for monitoring. Goes up every 12 months. 3 year contract finished, wanted to change companies. We paid $750.00 to start, thought we paid for equipment, they are saying that was installation cost, equipment only hired. To keep equipment we have to pay over $500. Or pay them to remove , and get new company to put in equipment again. Not put in writing that 750 is installing fee, its itemized so thought it wad outs.

Store LocationAdelaide. SA

Unable to Decide whether to go with ADT or not

Hi Guys,
I am now going through the final stage of a house construction and planning to get a security alarm system installed for it. I have had calls with more than 15 service providers and ADT are currently offering a superb deal in terms of price tag as a promotion is going on for their alarm services which easily saves me about 1000$.

Even though ADT is a leading and most reputed organisation in USA and canada, here in these reviews, I have seen majorly only negative reviews.
Now, I am unable to understand whether taking up their services is good or not.

Can someone advise me which path should I go? If so, can someone tell me whether their equipment is latest and has good security features or not?

Thanks.

AlthomPerth, WA

In 2 minds about ADT

Althom

Gave them notice today. Costs to make changes so alarm could still be monitored when NBN comes in double the competitors.
This combined with their incompetent techs and simply ignoring alarms means they are not serious about the business

Home Care Shops

Find out how ADT Security compares to other Home Care Shops

Beware

After having security installed ( which I can say was done quite professionally) for a contracted term of 3 years, i was "alarmed"to see this company still trying to bill me for a term that I expressly didn't want. A contract is a contract as they say, and to try and extend this deal without authority is quite sly and sneaky.
Buyer beware, no hoodwinking should be entertained. They did cancel the "contract" after 2 phone calls requesting so.

Milord

MilordDuffy 2611, ACT

I'm sure there are better security companies out there... surely?

Splinter

Splinterasked

Re calling for an Ambulance - where are ADT operators located? Are they in Australia?

Damian

Damianasked

Does anyone else think its odd that the majority of the (26) 5 Star reviews for ADT are from " customers" that have had the system for years....I mean, who looks for a product review site and then writes a positive review for a company after 2, 3 or even 5 years? I can understand someone writing a positive review just after installation, but 5 years later....hmmm

Ron
Ron

Hi, my answer to your point. Monitoring your alarm, is a long term value.Hence, its only any good, when broken into. Hence, if your paying $12pw, under a 36 month contract, and the alarm goes off after 2 years, its cost you $1248, you expect service. ADT, are useless, no customer service.

Those reviews are from ADT Management

Althomasked

Why are ADT quoting $1016 to convert an alarm system for compatibility with the NBN when the RAC are quoting $349 and others are offering to do the conversion for free?
Why are ADT quoting $68/month monitoring charges post conversion when the RAC are quoting $35/month and others are offering $38/month after free conversion

Shaun g
Shaun g

Because they’re corrupt

Renee B.
Renee B.

I was told by ADT I would have to have a new system put in because NBN was not compatible with my system. This was over 12 months ago and I am still using my original ADT alarm with no problems. Still works and if I test by setting off my alarm they still phone me back as they are monitoring my alarm still.