Bayer Advantage for Cats Orange (Small Cats)

Bayer Advantage for Cats Orange (Small Cats) Questions & Answers

6 questions from our users

Sue Q.

Sue Q.asked

Advantage for Cats Orange (Small Cats)

Can I use the small cat doseon a 4.8 pound cat?

Jas

Jasasked

Advantage for Cats Orange (Small Cats)

I accidently bought the Advantage for under 4kg cats when my cat is over 4kg. Can I still use this or would it be harmful to her? She's an old cat.

lits

litsasked

Advantage for Cats Orange (Small Cats)

I used Advantage on my 22 year old cat. I saw 1 flea on my dog so the vet office said I should treat all animals. 2 days later my cat died. Could this be due to the flea medication?

Amy
Amy

Hi lits,
I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. You should ask your vet if they've heard of similar cases. I have heard of seizures and other bad reactions to some cheaper flea medications but not death as a result.
Best of luck
-Amy

Gayle P

Gayle Pasked

Advantage for Cats Orange (Small Cats)

I put advantage 2 on my cat, the next day I took her to vet with eye problem. Vet put advantage multi on her. One day apart. Will this hurt her?

SoftCarpet

Hi, best to check in with your vet if you have concerns but if the eye problem existed BEFORE the flea treatment then it is unlikely to impact. Just observe your cat for any adverse symptoms of the Advantage - the multi kills worms as well but honestly how many times is worming needed? Especially those of us who have indoor cats - where are the worms supposed to be coming from?? If you give your pet human grade meat you should be able to avoid parasites from food! and tin food has been heat treated so presumably no worms there either...it could all be a marketing gimmick to scare us into thinking our poor little fluffies are riddled with parasites! Of course if your fluffy goes outside it might be another story - best do your own research and consult another vet for a second opinion if you are not happy with any answers.

Brett

Brettasked

Advantage for Cats Orange (Small Cats)

Hi just applied flea treatment to my 12 year old cat Molly and normally she runs outside, not seen to the next day. This time she has stayed in the house and keeps running around, stopping suddenly, scratching, then bitting/licking herself. Is this normal? :(

SoftCarpet

I'd be careful applying product to an older cat - lower the dose as a precaution. It sounds like your cat had a reaction to the product - it kills fleas by going into the bloodstream - if it can kills fleas so can have an affect on the animal as well. Please take care. Your cat is more precious than fleas.

Keeko

Keekoasked

Advantage for Cats Orange (Small Cats)

Does it work on mites? Our 3 cats are currently having "walking dandruff mites" infestation, and we already tried Frontline spot on but the cats hated the strong chemically smell plus they didn't work too. Not to mention the exorbitant price they're charging for it in our country!

John.
John.

Hi, I'm sorry but i don't know if it works on Mites, i know it is expensive and that's why i didn't buy it for a long time, the only thing i can suggest is, just buying one vial and see if it works, that way you aren't spending money on a pack of Two or more. sorry i couldn't be of more help regarding that.

See all Bayer Advantage for Cats questions