Bayer Advantage for Cats Purple (Large Cats)

Bayer Advantage for Cats Purple (Large Cats)

2.4 from 35 reviews · View Details

2.4

Pam M

Pam MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

skin irritation and bald patch...

Used this product a couple of times before I realised it was the reason for a nasty bald weepy patch on my cat's neck where I had applied it. I emailed the manufacturers with my proof of purchase, a photo of my cat's neck, expiry dates on the box and remaining vials and asked for a refund. They admitted that some cats do have a reaction to their product but would not refund my purchase price as I had purchased it through PetFrenzy on ebay. I did point out that where I purchased it did not change the harmful composition of the product and they should accept responsibility, but to no avail. Do not buy this product

Purchased at EBAY - PETFRENZY for A$48.47.

rr33

rr33

Awful skin irritation and fur loss months later

I applied Advantage flea treatment to my large cat. He doesn’t usually need these treatments so it was his first application in about 5 years. Two months later he is still scratching at the application site with scabs and missing fur with the bald patch growing. This stuff is POISON- don’t put it on your animals. I deeply regret it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Direct Vet Supplies for A$30.00.

Side Effects Long-term illness

Crap does not work

We bought advantageII This crap does not work!!!! used three viles on my cat within a month and guess what he STILL has fleas , since this site won't let me give no stars i have to give it one which it does NOT deserves.......save your money i paid over 50 bucks for mine , buy the cheap pet store brand at least it works

Purchased in July 2020 for A$51.00.

Side Effects None
Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Bayer Advantage for Cats Purple (Large Cats) compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

made my cat very sick

24 hours after treatment cat lathargic, anorexic and diarreah. He has been poorley for a week. I took him to the vet and he had a raised temperature of 1 degree. Vet just gave him an anti inflamatory and said it was just a virus.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$20.00.

Side Effects Short-term illness

DOES NOT WORK!

I've been using Advantage 2 on both my dog and cats. Yes, it was applied correctly. I have watched the video, it was in the correct spot, directly on the skin. I vacuumed and pulled everything apart (multiple times) to do so, washed all pet bedding and blankets....and sprayed my house. I reapplied every few weeks for a few months. They still had so many fleas! What a waste of money! This is two years in a row I spent hundreds of dollars on Advantage 2, used it over several months, to end up resorting to flea baths and the Zodiak spray (with instant results) that cost about $60. This for all of my animals for the entire season.

Purchased in July 2019.

9 out of 10 cats ended up in emergency hospital....one died from Advantage.

I applied the Advantage to my cats as I have many times before. This time, within hours, several of them were salivating, convulsing and having respiratory difficulties. It resulted in 9 out of 10 of them going to the emergency vet within a 3 hr to 36 hour period. One passed. I have incurred over $8,000 in emergency vet charges and hospital bills due to this. Stay Away!!!!

Side Effects Death
Pet TypeCat

Horrible Product, Horrible Bayer Customer Service.

Pet TypeCat

Please be careful with older cats

Side Effects Death

Just doesn't get rid of flees

Bought large cat dose, purple type. She's had 2 doses in 5 weeks & still has flees. It simply doesn't work on her.

Purchased in April 2019.

Side Effects None
Tick & Flea Control Products

My heart is broken, I believe this product killed my kitty

Every since I place this product on my cat, my kitty wasn’t the same vomiting , foaming from the mouth seem depress dihrea hiding etc . my vet. Gave him antibiotics and meds for nausea he seem to be fine but then started to get sicker now has passed . Please!!!! EVERYONE be sure of doing your research on these flea products before placing on your baby , bc Im sick to my stomach knowing I’m his care taker / his mum and I thought I was doing the right thing turns out I wasn’t . Now my pooka is gone .

Beware of this product

Amy

AmyGibbsboro

Don't Waste Your Money!

Although my cats had no negative reaction to this product, it doesn't work AT ALL. I bought a few of the 6 pack Advantage for cats over 9 lbs. I've been putting it on them every week and they still have fleas.I am a clean person. I've been vacuuming daily, washing blankets, bedding,and towels constantly, and brushing the cats about every 2-3 days.This product does not work.I'm extremely unhappy because I spent 160$ on it, thinking I'd have about a years supply but I'm almost out. I will not be buying more of this specific product and would suggest you don't waste your money.

Cath 161MORAYFIELD

Gets rid of fleas but has unwanted side effects.

Beware!!! Cat killer!!!

Bought 6mo. supply of advII large cat (13yo healthy 13lb cat). 1st dose, 2 days later cat acting strange not eating/drinking lethargic. Vet tests inconvlusive $500 hole in pocket. Didn't think anything about flea med causing her behavior. She gets better. 2nd dose a month and 1/2 later. Same symptoms appear, but worse. Added confusion/uncoordination/vomiting. Vet visit again. Conclusion, organ failure due to poisioning. this product, these heartless, and any company selling their product. A call to them will result in their denial and getting hung up on. There's a special place in Hell for these and anyone like em.

Tiarni

TiarniBeerwah Qld

Cat amazing

This is great for my cat enjoy giving it to my cat my cat loves this product would not say a bad thing about this cat product

Danni

Danni

Works alright but fleas work up an immunity after awhile

This actually worked really well for my cat up until a couple of months ago. I live in a unit and two of my neighbors use this also. Seems the fleas have built up an immunity to it though which I expected would happen after awhile. Will definitely go back to using it soon, hopefully by then it will work against our fleas again. Didn't affect my fur baby at all, he doesn't like the smell though as it is quite strong. As for all the negative reviews IT IS POISONOUS! DON'T LET YOUR CAT LICK IT!

Arkacia

ArkaciaQueensland

Works Great

Left burn mark, bald patch and then infection

Was working fine until one month there was a bald patch and burn like mark. It ended up becoming infected so we took him to the vet. He was given antibiotics. Will try flea collar as comfortis tablets are too big and the whole process is too difficult and protracted getting him to swallow the tablet.

Stopped working

I had high hopes. My house was not infected, just noticed some flea dirt. After putting the application on, i started to see fleas on surfaces, but not quite dead. I thought it was working..but 3 weeks later we still have fleas and they are no longer dying. Just like frontline, this product no longer works. Will be switching to pills instead.

Nik

NikManchester

Very effective

Used frontline for weeks to clear up a bad flea infestation which got worse dad by day. Changed to advantage and fleas are gone. Couldn't recommend this product enough.

See all Bayer Advantage for Cats reviews

Hoton

Hotonasked

Advantage for Cats Purple (Large Cats)

Why am I seeing two different packages for advantage ii for large cats, what is the difference?

Kathryn

Kathrynasked

Advantage for Cats Purple (Large Cats)

What are the risks of giving to dosages in two days?

Cat owner

Cat ownerasked

Advantage for Cats Purple (Large Cats)

My cat never goes outside, but once in a while fleas seem to get in the house. They seem to like to bite me. I hardly notice my cat being bothered. Usually one treatment with Advantage eliminates them for months or years. About two months ago, I was getting bitten, treated the cat, and it stopped. A month later (about 2 weeks ago) I got bites again, so I treated her again and it stopped. It is 11 days since then and now I have another bite! These aren't mosquito bites, I know a flea bite when I get it, because they are so horribly itchy and I have a really bad reaction to them. Can I treat her again after 11 days? I can't even see or find any fleas, but I get bitten, and it is always just along the edge of a piece of clothing (like right where my sock stops) which is the usual motus operandi for fleas, so I'm sure that is what is biting me. Again - can I treat her again - flea life cycles are 11 days, and it seems like the Advantage is not killing the eggs like it should. Any suggestions?

Cath 161

Unfortunately it sounds like the fleas are building a resistance to the Advantage. It happens which is a nuisance and it's another reason these products don't work in the long term. Personally, I wouldn't be re-applying after 11 days. The fleas will have bred inside the house. You'll find there probably aren't any fleas on your cat. They'll be in the carpet, mats or rugs. Sadly there needs to be only one female flea in the house to produce many eggs. Lots of vacuuming and washing and I always recommend using a natural product like diatomaceous earth both on the cat and the carpets etc.

SoftCarpet
SoftCarpet

Dear Purple
Thanks for asking - You are potentially causing your cat's health danger by OVERDOSING on Advantage. The ingredients which kill fleas also has toxic effects on your pet - especially long-term and can be fatal. My cat was temporarily paralyzed by this product and was seriously unwell for weeks with just one dose!

Firstly you need to find out if your cat really has fleas - have you got a flea comb?? Put some warm water into a white bowl, dip the flea comb into it, comb your cat then dip into the water, then wipe the comb on a tissue or paper towel. Keep repeating for a few minutes. You will soon see if your cat has fleas or not. If you do find fleas, then repeat this flea coming procedure 2-3x a day. At the same time, you should also vacuum your house EVERY DAY. Soon you should have no fleas. Diatomaceous earth
Additionally you should also give your cat a bath or if you can't do it yourself, then ask your vet to do it. Vet nurses are highly experienced in bathing cats.
Also please consult your vet for the correct dosage and perhaps other flea control solutions. You should also google "natural remedies for flea control cats".
Hope this information helps.