Bayer Advantage for Cats

Bayer Advantage for Cats (page 3 of 3)

Purple (Large Cats), Orange (Small Cats)

2.5

iamagirl69

iamagirl69South Australia

This stuff smells a bit chemically, but is otherwise a fantastic product!

echarlottex

echarlottexBrisbane

Works fast, fleas falling out of fur within 24 hours

First time using this product. I got the 4kg cat amount. Applied it midday, I noticed that the by the evening the fleas were falling out of my cat's fur. He was noticeably irritated and scratching alot a couple of hours after application then became very lethargic. I was suprised by the amount of dead/dieing fleas. Also, product doesnt have a strong smell so my cant didnt panic, usually upon opening other products my cat runs away.

low eb

low ebSouth East Queensland

It works but!!!

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Bayer Advantage for Cats compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Worked well on one cat, made the other cat sick

Advantage made both cats lethargic with no appetite for 2 days. One recovered, the other was sick for 10 days. The vet did blood tests ($300), but no serious toxicity. Unfortunately, we still have fleas!

harro 42

harro 42Boolarra, Victoria

Loss of hair

I have been using this product for years and have just had a bad reaction on one of my Ragdolls, his hair fell out where I put the spot on. It has grown back now but I have a cat with a black spot on the back of his head, where it was white before.

Jenni

Jenni

From flea-ridden to flea-free in 36 hours

Lucymds

LucymdsMELBOURNE

Advantage controls fleas - simple to use

I find Advantage flea control works very well - and for longer than its meant to so I leave it until I find a flea that appears again (as a nurse, I like to use the least amount of medication that proves effective). The spot on application is very easy to use and my cats and dog don't mind it at all. I would recommend it to all cat/dog owners.
Simple to use, effective for longer than stated.

LILIAN TUDORIN
LILIAN TUDORIN
nztinatu

nztinatuEsperance

Have used this product for years for my two cats

This is a great product and can be bought at many places although online has been cheaper for me. One of my cats gets extremely agitated with other products I have tried. I have tried shampoos (my cats hate water) flea powders (extreme agitation) and flea collars (rubs the fur off my larger cats neck) However through the summer months my cats tend to rub themselves in sand and in the driveway which causes the product to sometimes wear out before the month is up. Come on cats. Give us a break.
Price. Ease of use!
Doesn't last the full month. Smell.

Chello

ChelloBRISBANE

Has never worked...

I have 2 cats, one of the cats (domestic) is flea treated very easily, the other cat (ragdoll) is extremely long haired and always flea ridden!! I go to the vet and they only sell Advantage. I've tried it on 3 different occasions but I never saw even one adult flea die!. I have no idea why. I have used a flea treatment I bought from coles and I have found that as worked better. I may have to try that now.
Can find it at any local pet store.
Didn't work

Tick & Flea Control Products

blackcat3

blackcat3NSW, 2350

This flea treatment really does work. It stops the discomfort and takes the annoyance away. It works really well in summer when fleas are at their worst. It is worth the money to treat your cat to a flea free life.
This is a very effective treatment for fleas on cats. The problem is cured within days of putting this on the back of the cats neck. It is worth the money. This is the one my vet recommended.
It is a bit expensive, depending where you buy it from. You can get it online for a discount price. WOuld be good if you could buy a bigger supply.

Fixed the fleas for good.

em_butterfly

em_butterfly

Having three cats I'm very strict with flea control as once one has fleas they all have fleas
I find I never have a flea problem at all whilst using advantage at all. I have been using it for over a year and there appears to be no sign of the product getting weaker or any kind of immunity to it from long term use.
It does get expensive though have three cats a 6 pack will last me two months instead of six, though I would choose it anyday over a cheaper supermarket brand. the cats hate it being applied though and it leaves them and my hands smelling like black texter
kills all fleas, never see a flea on my cats
pricey when more than one cat, smells like black texter!

See all Bayer Advantage for Cats reviews