Bayer Advantage for Dogs
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bayer? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.4

knitinoz
knitinozGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Another useless Flea treatment

considering how much these treatments cost, it has never worked on any of my dogs and have tried it at various times over many years. Don't bother

Advantage for dogs...instant relief

Ellen
Ellen

Waste of time and money

I have used this 3 times in a row now. Did not work at all. Did not kill a single flea. Complete waste of money.

Roberto
Robertomelbourne

This is a must if you love your dog.

No side effects
Prevents fleas
Easy to do each month
Dog doesn't mind
She doesn't have any flea or tick problems
I have a Klien Spitz (Medium size)
Excellent product

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Bayer Advantage for Dogs compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Candz
CandzMelbourne

Waste of money

I have been using advantage for a year. My dogs still have fleas. I use it every month on the dot , but lately every three weeks and they still have fleas. I give up and will be switching to another flea product.

helen
helenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This is rubbish, used on Greyhound and Lab/Retriever

I should have read a review before purchasing as I had assumed any of the more expensive Flea treatments would work. I am wrong. Both dogs have been treated and both still have fleas. I wondered if my greyhound had been reinfested so reapplied after 3 weeks and still no good. will be off to the vet to get my next option.

Button
ButtonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of money!

This product has been a total waste of money! My 2 dogs have constantly had fleas as I attempted to persist with this expensive useless flea treatment. I'm absolutely discussed that my pet shop actually recommended it to me and actually took my money for such a useless product. Do not buy this product!

Still waiting to see if my dog is going to survive after applying this product.

My dog has had a mysterious illness on and off for the last 3 months. We have finally pinned it down to the day following application of advantage, I only used it as a last resort and I wish I never had. His symptoms are vomiting, the runs, weakness, trembling and lethargy with fever. I'm hoping he can pull though this without any long term affects. Very disappointed in the company for producing such a product and labelling it as safe and effective. These companies should be held accountable for the side effects of their toxic products.

Lee
Lee

Update: Our little dog passed away yesterday. absolutely heartbreaking.

lorraine
lorrainePerth, WA

Useless.

Have had my dogs on this product for 6 months, still have visible fleas.Tried speaking to customer service, laid blame on everything she could think of rather than admit the product may be at fault. Costs me $150 every 2 months to treat my 4 dogs. Would it of killed Bayer to replace the products I have as there is obviously a problem with the batch I have.

Better than nothing

After using for the first time most of the fleas disappeared, much better that using nothing at all. Have seen a couple of them though.

Ian J.
Ian J.Perth, Western Australia

Totally Useless. Simply, just didn't work.

Lucy, 8.5 kgm jack russel.
Totally useless. Simply, just didn't work.
Both frontline and revolution similarly ineffective.

Comfortis seems to work fantastically well for lucy.

W T
W TSydney, NSW

Kills dogs

This garbage killed my 15 yrs loved family pet 3 days after i put it on her do not buy this poison! Poor thing had fits and died and was healthy before i used this poison

Sandra
SandraRosebud

Never use this again

I have been using advantage for 7 years then my dog was scratching screaming in pain took her to the vet she was riddled with fleas it is an expensive product then vets bill and all the products to fix her cost me a fortune I will never use advantage again so much money and pain to go through I deserve a refund for what I haven't used!!!

low ebSouth East Queensland

works well

I have used this product in the past effectively, moved house and after eight years have found the need to use it again, only problem was that my aging cat now 14 reacted badly to it. She was dry retching and running backwards and acting extremely depressed until 90 minutes later when I washed it off. It was there long enough to be effective and do it's job. Am worried about repeating it, but may do so by halving the amount to apply.

low eb

Yes I did go back to Advantage and this time I used the one for a smaller cat and there did not appear to be any adverse reaction to it, plus it keeps her flea free as well as from some of the other biting insects like midges.

Have used for year...best product ever.

I have been using this product for year after using frontline with no success, I tried Advantage and never looked back. My dogs wouldn't know what it is like to have fleas and they swim everyday and it is still very effective. I have had some spilt on me and flicked on me and I and my dogs have never gotten sick from it. Wouldn't change to anything else as I know this works. I have recommended to many others and they agree with me. Best product ever. Don't but frontline does nothing.

Worth the money

We have been using this product for about 4 years. Our dog has never a reaction and all you need to ensure is that you buy a suitable product for tapeworms, which advantage doesn't cover. If we were in a tick area i think we might look at another treatment. But at the moment it's an cost effective option as heartworm innoc is nearly an $100.00 on top of the annual boosters.

brombo
bromboDaylesford

Advantage: just what you need for flea-allergy dermatitis.

Bobby, my westie-poodle cross, had experienced dermatitis around his rear end for most of his life despite my use of special shampoos and Frontline flea treatment on a regular basis. The condition was not debilitating but it certainly annoyed him. Then, just as a shot in the dark, I tried Advantage and the dermatitis was gone in about a week and it has not returned: that was about 7 months ago. He now is also completely untroubled by fleas. I would strongly recommend this product if your pooch is prone to skin problems caused by fleas.

Bayer pet products are too expensive and ineffective!

I will no longer be using bayer flea control as it's really expensive....And doesn't work. I have used advantix for several years and it was fine, but the last few months i've had to treat my dogs every 2 weeks, and the last time i treated them it did not work at all. My dogs have been suffering because of an expensive, useless product (as well as my wallet).

qtpieandkids
qtpieandkidsBrisbane

Doesn't work on fleas

We have used this product for a number of years and found it worked well up until the last year. We are now finding fleas on our dogs. Even our vet had other people commenting that it now seems ineffective against fleas. We're switching to try something else now. It's too expensive not to work.

Devil

Kills fleas but smells disgusting

Although this product has always worked when I have used it on my dogs the toxic smell is horrible. Fortunately I very rarely have fleas on my 3 dogs so I no longer use any of these poisons. It's not good enough that I need to google side effects - of which there are many - because in Australia there is no requirement for this information to be provided.
Kills fleas quickly
Disgusting smell, harmful chemicals

Devil

Anyone using any of these toxic poisons who have animals suffering side effects need to report it to the AVPMA. You can do it easily online. And go to US FDA site & check out the horrendous side effects that get no mention in this country.

Tania10
Tania10Perth, WA

Money well spent

I am so happy to see my dog relaxed & flea free. I switched to Advantage after finding F L totally useless & am very pleasantly surprised. Within a couple of hours after application fleas could be seen dead on my dogs coat. No more scratching, biting & whining from my beloved pet. Funny thing is salesman didn't want to sell me this product as he swore the product I had been using was the best & said I was just wasting my money. Very rude & I won't be buying from there again. I'm sure bayer would not be impressed!!
It works

abbylayla
abbylaylaSydney, NSW

Never again

We put advantage on our 3 dogs as suggested by our vet. within a couple of days our maltese terrier was sick, and now our king charles is sick, they have lost there appetite and are lethargic, the only thing i can put it down to is the advantage, and besides all that they still have fleas :(

Picapau Amarelo
Picapau Amarelo
Mel73

You are suppose to use it every month. not just as a once off. Most effective treatment i have ever used. My animals have not had fleas for years

tanami
tanamiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible

I believe this is pure water. It does not do anyting. We done everything that was asked by the vet, treated the house, the dog, the bedding, and the fleas are still there.

expensive

Mel73

If cats come into your yard they could be bringing infestations in

jessiebelle
jessiebellePerth, WA

amanda_01
amanda_01South East Queensland, QLD

Advantage is a flea control only that really does work. It's not as expensive as some of the other spot ons that include worming etc, so is an economical choice for people that only wish to treat fleas, for example if they get the yearly heartworm injection, so don't need to pay twice for a product that's doing the same thing. If you live in an area that doesn't have ticks, this is definitely the one I would recommend!
Kills fleas at all stages of the life cycle. It really does work!
Doesn't treat worms, heartworm or ticks, which some of the other brands do