Bayer Advantage for Dogs
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bayer? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.4
    Brooke
    BrookeSacramento

Pretty good

We have been using this for yrs. it has always worked even the one time he did have fleas. I used it on my border collie dog it’s easy to use but my dog hates it. And always tried to get away. There has been no side effects. I was told by the vet tho that the fleas are immune to it now tho.

julie
    juliegarema

dosnt last

Thought I would try Avantage flea treatment worked fast but only lasted 2weeks .Better to pay the extra price and buy Bravecto it really works and lasts 3 months .Great product

Tracey
    Tracey

Not bad

I have bought this a few times but I'm not sure if it really lasts a month, and I have a dog who is allergic to flea bites so it is pretty bad when we get them. I think he still gets the odd one and it hasn't been a month of using it so I'm not really certain of its effectiveness!

Carmen
    CarmenHouston

Ok product

I gave my cavalier this topical when I found a few fleas on her. She has the flea bite allergy so she's miserable from one bite. I found a couple of live fleas two days later. I haven't found anymore but she's still pretty itchy. I don't know what to use..

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Bayer Advantage for Dogs compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Better than nothing

After using for the first time most of the fleas disappeared, much better that using nothing at all. Have seen a couple of them though.

low ebSouth East Queensland

works well

I have used this product in the past effectively, moved house and after eight years have found the need to use it again, only problem was that my aging cat now 14 reacted badly to it. She was dry retching and running backwards and acting extremely depressed until 90 minutes later when I washed it off. It was there long enough to be effective and do it's job. Am worried about repeating it, but may do so by halving the amount to apply.

low eb

Yes I did go back to Advantage and this time I used the one for a smaller cat and there did not appear to be any adverse reaction to it, plus it keeps her flea free as well as from some of the other biting insects like midges.

Sandi
    Sandiasked
    Advantage for Dogs

Do I need something for worming while using Advantage?
    Sandi230254@ gmail.com

Chele
    Cheleasked
    Advantage for Dogs

Does this product protect dogs from ticks?

Lee
    Lee

Hi Chele, not as far as I know, it's just a flea treatment I believe.

lorraine
    lorraine

Its advertised as a flea treatment which i didnt even find it was succesful at doing.

PamBasked
    Advantage for Dogs

I used Advantage flea control last night & the fleas are still running around on my dog this morning, can you tell me how long it should take to kill the fleas.?Thanks

Ian J.
    Ian J.

In my review, I said ADVANTAGE never did work.
    The only one to actually work was COMFORTIS.
    Hope this helps.

PamB

Thanks for your reply, she is still scratching a bit but I think it is working, can't see any on her tummy. I don't really think I would like to use Comfortis, if I don't have too, I once gave my last dog tablets for fleas & he developed stomach cancer, not saying it was the tablets but it has made me a bit weary. Thanks for your reply.

Sandra
    Sandra

I was using advantage and my dog was riddled with fleas I took her to the vet and he said they can become immune to advantage! I am so annoyed because it is so expensive and it's no good to me now as I always brought it 6 monthly!! My vet gave her another flea killer and said they should drop off at the end of the night which they did but she had to get a shot of cortisone for the pain she was in!! Hope this helps

See all Bayer Advantage for Dogs questions

Bayer Advantage for Dogs

Compare all 4 Bayer Advantage for Dogs
    CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
    Application TypeTopicalTopicalTopicalTopical