Bayer Advantage for Dogs
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bayer? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.4

Works Great

I have a small poodle and this product is the only one that works for my dog. After just one day all the fleas are dead and my dog is itch free.

Advantage for dogs...instant relief

Roberto
    Robertomelbourne

This is a must if you love your dog.

No side effects
    Prevents fleas
    Easy to do each month
    Dog doesn't mind
    She doesn't have any flea or tick problems
    I have a Klien Spitz (Medium size)
    Excellent product

Have used for year...best product ever.

I have been using this product for year after using frontline with no success, I tried Advantage and never looked back. My dogs wouldn't know what it is like to have fleas and they swim everyday and it is still very effective. I have had some spilt on me and flicked on me and I and my dogs have never gotten sick from it. Wouldn't change to anything else as I know this works. I have recommended to many others and they agree with me. Best product ever. Don't but frontline does nothing.

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Bayer Advantage for Dogs compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Worth the money

We have been using this product for about 4 years. Our dog has never a reaction and all you need to ensure is that you buy a suitable product for tapeworms, which advantage doesn't cover. If we were in a tick area i think we might look at another treatment. But at the moment it's an cost effective option as heartworm innoc is nearly an $100.00 on top of the annual boosters.

brombo
    bromboDaylesford

Advantage: just what you need for flea-allergy dermatitis.

Bobby, my westie-poodle cross, had experienced dermatitis around his rear end for most of his life despite my use of special shampoos and Frontline flea treatment on a regular basis. The condition was not debilitating but it certainly annoyed him. Then, just as a shot in the dark, I tried Advantage and the dermatitis was gone in about a week and it has not returned: that was about 7 months ago. He now is also completely untroubled by fleas. I would strongly recommend this product if your pooch is prone to skin problems caused by fleas.

Tania10
    Tania10Perth, WA

Money well spent

I am so happy to see my dog relaxed & flea free. I switched to Advantage after finding F L totally useless & am very pleasantly surprised. Within a couple of hours after application fleas could be seen dead on my dogs coat. No more scratching, biting & whining from my beloved pet. Funny thing is salesman didn't want to sell me this product as he swore the product I had been using was the best & said I was just wasting my money. Very rude & I won't be buying from there again. I'm sure bayer would not be impressed!!
    It works

jessiebelle
    jessiebellePerth, WA

amanda_01
    amanda_01South East Queensland, QLD

Advantage is a flea control only that really does work. It's not as expensive as some of the other spot ons that include worming etc, so is an economical choice for people that only wish to treat fleas, for example if they get the yearly heartworm injection, so don't need to pay twice for a product that's doing the same thing. If you live in an area that doesn't have ticks, this is definitely the one I would recommend!
    Kills fleas at all stages of the life cycle. It really does work!
    Doesn't treat worms, heartworm or ticks, which some of the other brands do

Tick & Flea Control Products

I have always found Advantage works better than other brands. I have tried others because they are cheaper and i believed their advertising, but have come back to it for good now. I love that it is weather proof as our dog lives outside and loves to go swimming in the dam, it is good to know he is still covered.
    It works better and for a longer period than other brands I have tried over the years
    It is one of the higher priced ones. Sometimes you get it on your skin when the dog shakes after application - this may be a health concern.

Truffles
    Truffles

This hasn't worked on my small dog at all. I have used 3 applications now and it seems to last only a week or so, then he's scratching again. I picked 4 fleas off him yesterday and he doesn't play with loads of dogs. Not worth buying again.

rw2830
    rw2830North Western Region, NSW

Ahh... finally a product that works. After trying many different brands I have finally found one that does what it claims to do. There are just so many different brands on the market that you never know which one to try as they all claim to do the same thing. I have found only this product to do what it claims to do. The application is fairly simple to do and not much mess. I would strongly recommend this product. It was great
    It works!! Easy to apply.
    It is a bit more expensive than other similar products on the market.

katpaul
    katpaul

I have been using this product for several years. Last year I stopped and changed to another product. My dog got fleas and no matter which product I tried, or how I treated my house I could not get rid of them. I went back to advantage and within a few days we were flea free and happy again! I strongly receommend this product for your pet. It works! And that is what matters! Easy to use, no mess, a wonderful product
    easy to use. effective. really helped us overcome our dogs flea problem when nothing else would help.
    the price - but it works

jjmmav
    jjmmav

em_butterfly
    em_butterfly

red78
    red78

I have been using this brand of flee control for my dog for over 13 years and have had good results every time. I buy it in the 6 month pack however I don't use them every month unless I think my dog might have a few flees - maybe once every 2 months and it keeps him happy. They are so easy to apply & don't really cost an arm & a leg considering you get 6 months worth in a pack and if they do the job then it's worth it anyway.
    very easy to apply & it works well every time
    may seem a bit pricey however you get 6 months worth in a pack and if it works then it's worth it

Sandi
    Sandiasked
    Advantage for Dogs

Do I need something for worming while using Advantage?
    Sandi230254@ gmail.com

Chele
    Cheleasked
    Advantage for Dogs

Does this product protect dogs from ticks?

Lee
    Lee

Hi Chele, not as far as I know, it's just a flea treatment I believe.

lorraine
    lorraine

Its advertised as a flea treatment which i didnt even find it was succesful at doing.

PamBasked
    Advantage for Dogs

I used Advantage flea control last night & the fleas are still running around on my dog this morning, can you tell me how long it should take to kill the fleas.?Thanks

Ian J.
    Ian J.

In my review, I said ADVANTAGE never did work.
    The only one to actually work was COMFORTIS.
    Hope this helps.

PamB

Thanks for your reply, she is still scratching a bit but I think it is working, can't see any on her tummy. I don't really think I would like to use Comfortis, if I don't have too, I once gave my last dog tablets for fleas & he developed stomach cancer, not saying it was the tablets but it has made me a bit weary. Thanks for your reply.

Sandra
    Sandra

I was using advantage and my dog was riddled with fleas I took her to the vet and he said they can become immune to advantage! I am so annoyed because it is so expensive and it's no good to me now as I always brought it 6 monthly!! My vet gave her another flea killer and said they should drop off at the end of the night which they did but she had to get a shot of cortisone for the pain she was in!! Hope this helps

See all Bayer Advantage for Dogs questions

Bayer Advantage for Dogs

Compare all 4 Bayer Advantage for Dogs
    CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
    Application TypeTopicalTopicalTopicalTopical