Advent Photobooks

Advent Photobooks (page 2 of 3)

A quality product.

I have only had two albums produced, and I just love them! I'm in the process of creating a third now. The program was quite easy to learn how to use (I watched the demo tape on-line first), and after playing around with the different options e.g. backgrounds, different coloured frames, fonts etc., my albums finished up looking very professional. The colours look the same as on the computer. I asked for information a couple of times, both via email and phone, and found the staff very helpful. I definitely recommend Advent to others.
Quality paper. Reliable service.

First book - good quality, extremely fast production and delivery

Did a fair bit of research before choosing Advent. Definitely got a good product. [name removed]'s tutorial showing you how to use the design software was excellent and easy to follow, as were the pop up help tips and the design program itself. It must have taken a good 15 hours to actually complete the book but I did have 78 pages, about 120 photos, text and am a bit of a perfectionist on top of that.

Book arrived two days after placing order and uploading photo book! I paid a little extra for express shipping but really - how good is that?! I had actually called up to see how long my order was going to take and spoke to [name removed] noting it was for an anniversary present for that same day (took me much longer to complete project than I had allowed for). I didn't ask for it to be pushed along but that's good customer service for you.

Finished product was excellent quality, nice feel with the silky paper and picture quality reflective of the resolution of the photo. I knew my older photos taken with 1MP (or lower) cameras would be inferior to my 8MP camera photos (obvious) so I expected the different picture quality. The ones taken at high res came out very well. Binding was excellent. Overall finish was excellent.

Very happy with whole experience. Will be using them again and would highly recommend.
Easy to use software. Good product tutorial. Excellent results. Great customer service. Fast production.
Had a few issues fitting some landscape photos in the layout design I wanted but I adapted.

So professional and super easy too!

This was my first attempt at putting a photobook together and I found the Advent software really easy to use. For a real novice, the finished product looked incredibly professional. It will be a treasured record and I'm already planning another 2 books! I would recommend Advent to anyone who, like me, has thousands of photos sitting on a hard drive.
Prompt service, great assistance and support, easy to use software, quick delivery, quality product

Good printers but a little slow

These guys are great. I have been dealing with them for a long time now to do photobooks for my clients. The turnaround time can be a little slow sometimes but always worth the wait. Good customer service which is always a bonus. Happy to recommend these guys to anyone. Quality is of a high standard
quality service
sometimes a little slow

Excellent Service

This was the first Photobook I've had from Advent so it took me a little while to understand all the features but once I had mastered that, I was very happy with the software. I had a couple of questions and phoned Advent. [names removed] were extremely helpful and talked me through step by step. Very impressed with the one on one service. The finished product is fantastic - very happy with it and have suggested Advent to a couple of friends already.
I will definitely use Advent again.
Thanks so much
The great service

So much fun!

Putting the book together! The software was easy to use and gave lots of choice for creativity and produced an excellent finished product! I used several types of photobook software/companies over christmas and advent was by far my favourite and made wonderful christmas presents and memories of our daughters first year! I would highly recommend.
easy to use, lots of themes and graphics.

So easy and fun to create

It was easy to use and so many creative methods and template for me choose from. It was Xmas gift for my daughters 22 Alice in wonderland bday surprise party, I added baby pics, PDF poetry and documents etc... The result was so special and she will treasure for ever, thank you Advent !
Once I got the hang of it it was so easy to use.

Fantastic photobooks!!!

So far I have done two photobooks through Advent. I received the first one a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic...I absolutely loved it. I only uploaded the 2nd photobook on Monday night but if the first one is anything to go by, I think I'm going to be just as happy.
Easy to use and very prompt with delivery once you order...only took 4 days to receive.
Everything! Ease of use and the many choices for photobooks sizes

Treasured keepsakes of our trips

A great product... You don't have to upload anything until the photobook is finished; it is user friendly and when you play with it a bit, there are so many exciting things you can do with it. You can make and save your own page styles and backgrounds etc. Everyone is blown away by my books - makes me look good lol and delivery was withing the time frame. One took a bit longer than the others but all arrived safely. Great product - and I've used quite a few of these programs over the years!! Thank you.
User friendly, change and save your own ideas, infinitely variable layouts and presentation, good quality finished product, friendly staff.

A Wonderful Product

Thank-You So much for the exceptional quality and care that went into Our suprise present for our Parents 50th Wedding Anniversary, We will be back and so will our friends and family. Overall this was a great experience from start to finish. Easy to use software made it a breeze.
Excellent Re-production

Wonderful keepsake

Absolutely loved it, quality was exceptional, professionally constructed and a pleasure to show to friends who were amazed at the display and setting out of my wedding photos. Also the ease for me being somewhat computor challenged and the enjoyment of compiling the book was most rewarding. The instant availability of a book is such a wonderful keepsake to have on hand to view from our special day.
Quality of the photos, paper, and the ease of setting out and displaying also inexpensive.

Wonderful gift

It was great fun to do. Easy software to use and very quick delivery. Made for my husband for his 70 th birthday. Included all his baby photos, childhood photos etc. he had tears of happiness when he opened his gift. Wonderful!!! I have recommended Advent to several friends. Thank you Advent

Photobook

From start to finish the company was very helpful. The books are really good and very impressive. They didn't take long to materialize from computer to my hand!! The many different designs helped make each page look professional. The photos on the side bar displayed really assisted in making the books look great
The optional designs for each page helped so much.

Where is my photo book????

Ordered a photo book (this is the 15th photo book I have made from several companies) so long ago forgot what pictures I even put in it.....
Still waiting for the photo book to arrive?????? Weeks after it was meant to.
I have received great correspondance from them - but still no photo book. I specially ordered it when I did in ti me for a birthday present - this birthday has now come and gone :o/

So Impressed!

I have ordered three books from Advent and am currently working on a fourth project. I have had the most fantastic service from this Company. They either have emailed me or, when I really got horribly stuck on an issue, Daniel phoned me from Melbourne - a toll call to NZ!! The finished product is so lovely and our friends, over in Michigan USA, are so thrilled with the book, we sent them, that they take it everywhere to show friends about their trip to NZ in Feb/March 2012.
The way you can display your photos and add captions.
Adding captions can be difficult, until you get used to how to do it.

Great service, fast and friendly!

I have ordered 3 photo books from Advent and was very pleased with the products and the service. They were very quick to answer my questions, they followed-up to see whether we were happy with the products once we received them and they even accomodated a short timeframe for delivery for one of the photobooks.
Very satisfied and will certainly use them again. I would recommend to anyone! :-)
great service and good quality products

Brilliant books made easy!!

I bought a hard and a soft cover book, and they were both easy to customise.Easy software and quality finish. Made for great gifts and would use them again as loved the feedback from the friends I gave them to. I have never tried this kind of thing before but when I got stuck and rang for help with the first one, it was no problem and talked me through which was great. Would totally recommend this to anyone.
Quality finish, ease of use, choices for each page.

Great options, very nice results

I was given a $20 voucher for the softcover album and was very pleased with the results. There were lots of choices for backgrounds, arrangements etc and plenty of flexibility to create something individual that I wanted. The finished product was just like what I created on screen, which was easy to do. Definitely recommend.
Authentic to screen production, many options.

Great software

I bought a hard cover photo book from advent and it was a good quality and price. I found the software easy to use and am looking forward to creating a second photo book. I have looked at software from a few photo sites and this seems very good as you can add text and have a pretty free raine adding stuff. Only problem was you cannot add anything on the page at the back of the front hard cover although not really a big problem
Harry
Ease of use
Nothing allowed on back of front cover

Fantastic Photo Book!!!

Absolutely blown away with the book we got. We were able to put it together exactly how we wanted and post it to the other side of the country. It arrived exactly when we needed it to. Quality was amazing and has stood the test of time in the little hands we made it for. Will definitely use again!
Good communication, fast, easy!!

What gsm paper do you use? Do you print in lustre, matt, gloss or what? Please could you send me paper samples so I can check what is used? Do you provide a dust jacket? Please reply on my email [email address removed] Look forward to hearing form you, CIl Grace

What materials are used to print and bind the book. Is this all delivered to you?
The cover is a 'shiny' hard book cover with black background, that you can place your own photo on either front cover only, or can cover both front and back (this would be good for landscapes or seascapes). Binding is similar to most hardcover books in bookshops, and yes, delivered to your nominated address.Excellent quality. Just like a hardback book you would buy.

Can you use your own photo as a background? Can you have text boxes on the pages as well as photos?
Yes to the Text Boxes and yes to making a photo as a back ground for whole page, I make front and back cover from one photo which looked amazing. If you mean can you then overlay other photos on this back ground I'm sorry I don't know as I never tried..... you could however resize and bringphotos forward or backward so I would think it should be possible but not 100%Hi Margery, I can confirm that you can use your own photo as a background. Either by the way that Cathy has described above, or by actually importing your own backgrounds into the software. If you send an email to service@adventphotobooks.com.au I will send you instructions on how to do this.