Bayer Advocate Grey (Extra Large Dog)

Bayer Advocate Grey (Extra Large Dog)

2.5

Killed my 18 mth old lab

Applied on both healthy (vet checked the day before) 18 mth old sibling labs Sat nite. Female had immediate violent reaction rolling in dirt seemingly trying to remove the Advocate which was placed on 3 points along the back of her body (as per vet and product advice for big dogs). We thought it was just "irritation" and did nothing, sadly. 4 days later vomiting, diarrhoea and lethargy followed by death within 24 hours of symptom onset. Other dog ok but didn't like the application. Won't risk this again on surviving dog. Advise all to avoid at all costs.

Alyson

AlysonMELBOURNE

The only thing that helped my poor itchy Staffy girl

Our crazy, itchy, red and unhappy staffy found relief with Advocate, we removed beef from her diet also and put her on grain free premium food. Her other issue was demodoid mites and ear mites, Advocate is the only product that addresses demodoids, the main cause of her misery aside from food and flea allergies. Very happy to recommend this simple remedy for a common problem, especially amongst Staffordshire Bull Terriers. I buy the largest size and share it between her and her Mini Jack Russell instead of buying 2 different sizes.

PetCat

This stuff works very well, But!!!

We have a very relaxed 2 yr old bulldog, but when we treat him with the advocate he gets very distressed. I've put it on him when he's been sleeping and he wakes straight away as though its burning him. He paces around and doesn't settle back to normal for a good 12 hrs. We won't be using it again it clearly upsets him which in turn is very upsetting for us. In saying this my sisters two small dogs have no problems with it.

Heart & Intestinal Wormers

Find out how Bayer Advocate Grey (Extra Large Dog) compares to other Heart & Intestinal Wormers

Never had a problem with it personally. Using natural products next time though. Not into toxic medi

Amanda

Amandaasked

Advocate Grey (Extra Large Dog)

Hi there I’ve been using advocate every month of my dog for nearly 4 years, she then lays on the sofa & my leather has got marks on it, can u recommend how to get it off?

Celeste H

Celeste Hasked

Advocate Grey (Extra Large Dog)

I am fostering a 3.5 yr old mixed breed shepherd/am. staffordshire/bull terrier/mix. 64 lbs=29.03kg. Heart worm positive adult and microfilaria. Last blood test showed no more microfilaria (dirofilaria?). 3/7/19 she received her first treatment and spent the day at the vet in case there was a reaction. Only lethargic. Today 3/21/19 I applied a second treatment as I was instructed and will apply monthly from now on. My question is will this treatment be enough to kill the adult heartworms and keep them from producing young??? The Advocate box I have shows a shepherd and bernard on the front.

moonstone

moonstoneasked

Advocate Grey (Extra Large Dog)

I used frontline a week ago on my dog but it hasn't worked she still has live fleas on her how soon can i put advocate on her?

Nessie
    Nessie

My bro in law used it with his dog, he said its not really working.. fleas out for few days 3 or4 then they go back again. seriously not reliable

TTT

Seriously guys fleas are obviously in the environment your pet is living in!!! Where do you think they are coming from? Check your dogs be any dirt patches in your yard your carpet. Gosh. Fleas are like dog bed bugs. The don’t only live on the dog or cat. Their eggs fall off the animal everywhere

TTT

If the fleas go for 3-4 days isn’t that telling you it is killing them obviously. Clearly just picking more up from the environment.