Bayer Advocate Purple (Large Cat)

Bayer Advocate Purple (Large Cat)

See the Best Heart & Intestinal Wormers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Side Effects None (2) · Short-term illness (2)

brombo

bromboDaylesford

Great for ear mite

My cat had ear mite big time. He was scratching, twitching his ears and sneezing. I have him a dose of advocate before taking him to the vet just to give it a try. Lo and behold, within minutes the symptoms began to desist and an hour later he was back to normal.
He showed no signs of nausea as some others have reported.

Purchased in June 2019.

Side Effects None

Marnie Smith

Marnie SmithIllawarra, NSW

It works, but im not sure if it makes my cat sick?

I have a indoor mainecoon, last year I used advocate twice on my cat he became ill vomitting all the time & lost alot of weight. He was put on a prescription diet he has been fine since, I hadnt used flea treatment since his diet began 2 days ago I found a flea on my outside dog so I treated my pets with their treatments. This morning my cat has been vomitting all through my house, on beds running in panic vomitting excessive amounts & its just clicked in my head that this may be the cause after reading other reviews. I will be ringing vet today for advice anyway. This product is fine on my dog & I have always used advocate on previous pets. But think some pets may have a sensitivity? Overall it works with fleas!

Purchased in February 2019 for $100.00.

Side Effects Short-term illness

Roxy

RoxyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worked straight away

We had no luck with other products, so we tried Advocate after hearing good reviews. Our cats stopped scratching within 20 minutes, I'd definitely recommend this. Look after your pets well!

Purchased in January 2020.

Side Effects None
Pet TypeCat

Take this product down from the market

After applying to my cat, she has become very lethargic, whatever she eats she vomits, she seems unsettled... If I know I would never, ever put it near my cat. I cannot see how anyone can consider it something safe to put on cats. I am so angry I did not check the reviews before as I probably would not agree for it.

Purchased in May 2019.

Side Effects Short-term illness

Saroz

SarozPerth, WA

Vomiting and clearly the smell is overpowering

Observe your animals CAREFULLY when using this product. Both our cats start squinting and blinking their eyes the second it is opened. This was even on the first time we tried it. We have used it for several months as we thought it would be great as it was both for fleas and worms so the boys[ cats] didn't have to be treated with multiple things. But no more. I can smell it as well and it is horrid and almost burns your eyes so they water [yes, I am very sensitive to things as is our 12yr old son...if WE can then it's worse for the animals!]. One cat we have realised vomits in the first 24hrs it is administered. The other has diarrhea for a week every time. Never had any of this with other products.

Bad reaction

I have treated both of my adult cats today with advocate and they have both had a bad reaction to it. They appear scared and jumpy, if I go near them they cower as if I’m going to hurt them and are behaving weirdly in general. I do hope this reaction wears off soon , it’s been quite scary to watch them . I certainly won’t use this again !!

Angie

Angie

Complete and effective

It is a great prevention treatment for all paracites including heartworm and it also keeps your cats free of fleas!

Made my older cat sick

I have used this for many years and have been happy with it. I recently used it again on my 16 year old cat and within 24 hours she stopped eating, retreated from contact with us and was generally unwell for about 10 days. Unfortunately I can't use this again.

Ran b

Ran b

Not happy

I’ve used this on my cat twice now. The first time she started acting out of character. Usually very friendly and loving affectionate cat she became distant and wasn’t eating her food. Only lasted a few days didn’t think too much of it. Gave her another dose yesterday and she’s been so distant all day, getting very angry, not coming inside like she usually does at night and angry everytime I approach her. I’m convinced it’s because of advocate. Won’t be giving it to her again.

incus

incusDerbyshire

Cat nearly died

Vet administered in the surgery, but put on too low below shoulder blades. Cat was able to lick. Within 24 hours, cat was wobbly, nearly falling over, twitching and trembling, distressed, dilated pupils. He survived thank goodness but this product is lethal and there is no antidote. SHOULD BE BANNED

advocate for cats

What are we putting into our pets,? I used my normal advocate from the vet on my cat,he then curled up and fell asleep with the area I put the advocate against the skirting board,when he woke up the paint on the skirting had blistered and peeled off (what are we using on them)

Alla

AllaSydney

Don’t do this to your cat

Horrible side effects

After applying this product on our beloved cat, she has not been able to eat or drink for 2 days, getting excited at the thought of eating and yet unable to eat, horrible!
Bayer should reconsider selling this product as it is! It has definitely more bad side effects than good ones!!!

Dan

DanBrisbane

Do not use....Poison

My cat nearly died after this was applied to him, vomiting, constipated, cramping. Very unwell. These companies have a lot to answer too.

Would not recommend

Two of my four cats have had a bad reaction in this product, first time use an will never use again. Staggers, dilated pupils, an tremors. They probably have licked some of, but ha cats are pretty good at doing that and I've never seen a reaction like this. My poor kitty's.

Arkacia

ArkaciaQueensland

Second Time Lucky

PetCat

It burnt my cats and made their hair fall out

I brought this on Friday and applied it to my cats and I noticed the next day that my cats had a scab and thier hair has fallen out not happy about this as I paid $90.20 for it and it has hurt my cats

spadger

spadgerNew South Wales

Good so far

Never using again

Today I treated my 10 year old cat with Advocate. Since the treatment, she has been lethargic, just wants to sleep all the time, clumps of fur have been falling out, has become dehydrated and does not want to eat whatsoever. Her third eyelid in both eyes started showing. Contacted a 24 hour vet as I thought she was getting very sick and was about to fork out even more money when my partner suggested that she may have had a reaction to Advocate. Poor thing had to have a shower to wash it off (thankfully not a lot had been absorbed) and now she is back to normal. If this product gives my cat this sort of reaction I won't be purchasing it again.

ronnie

ronnieSouth West, WA

Warning

Soon after treatment (Advocate) my much loved (indoor) cat Megs lost the use of her back legs and the next day lost her sight she did not recover. Bayer did not care.

Rachel M.

Rachel M.asked

I used this on my cat about 2 weeks ago and while the fleas left, the poor little think was so irritated yesterday and I realised she has a complete bald patch about 2cm wide and about 3cm long (her hair is quite thick to the point you can barely see skin when you part the fur, usually) and greasy skin with red bumps on the exact place I put the treatment... This was the first time we used this product, other products have been fine. Has anyone else had this happen?

Brian Potter

Brian Potterasked

I left my cats solution in my car for three hours, the incar temperature was above 30 c maybe 35c, is it still safe to use it

Carolyn

Carolynasked

My 4kg cat is very skittish and difficult to apply drops onto in order to empty the pipette completely.
Is it okay & still effective to split the pipette between 2 days? E.G half dose first day and remainder the next?

Get an answer from our members and Bayer representatives

Download manual