Bayer Advocate Red (Large Dog)

Bayer Advocate Red (Large Dog)

See the Best Heart & Intestinal Wormers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Side Effects None (2) · Long-term illness (1)

Works great. Wouldn't use anything else with my girl.

My Cody, a husky, has been using this for years and it takes care of everything. She never had fleas, ticks, or any other problem bug or worm. Great product.

Purchased in January 2013 for $90.00.

Side Effects None

Dangerous

Within 16 hours vomiting blood. Ended up with ibd still not right two years later. Plus over five thousand pounds in vet bills.
Would never use again. Did notify bayer but claim never had this reaction despite googling it and sending them numerous other cases. Claimed none reported to them. Changed To holistic vet said he treats at least one case a week for adverse reactions to advocate.

Purchased in May 2017.

Side Effects Long-term illness

Grace

GraceGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Potent stuff damages furniture

I have used this product on both my cat and dog and it works fine for flea and worm control. Both my pets have not had any adverse reactions other people describe. I just hate applying it because this stuff stinks. It also runs off after applying and has discouloured my leather couch and taken the varnish off wooden furniture! I’d hate to think what it’s doing to my poor pets’ skin. I think I’ll stick to flea and worming tablets in future.

Purchased in December 2018 at PetBarn for $90.00.

Side Effects None
Pet TypeDog

Dog now on steroids after adverse reaction..

Gave this to my 3yr old yellow lab. Immediately started to be aggitated and scratching. After a few hours bumps appeared on his skin and red blotches on his tummy. Took him to the vets. Given steroid injection. Couldn't settle and up all night scratching and agitated. Gave him benadryl antihistamine in the morning which calmed down the itching but knocked him out for the day. Back to the vets for another steroid injection and dog antihistamines. Skin bright red all over and still very puffy head, eyes, legs and v unhappy doggy. Now on a course of steroids. Vet has taken the batch number and will report to bayer.........

CYBERSCAMP

CYBERSCAMP

PAWFECT PRODUCT that covers EVERYTHING!

Alan Mc

Alan McBrisbane

8 years 2 dogs.NO pests or issues

Really impressed that it works so well especially on Staffy who used to have mite issues. Sorry to hear other had problems but none with ours or others we know. A bit pricey..petbucket definitely the cheapest I can find.

Suzanne

SuzanneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Peace of mind at ease!

I have used this product on my dog for years. It is well worth the cost and I have peace of mind knowing that my dog is pest free and healthy. She has never had any side effects and the drops are quick and easy to apply.

robbie p

robbie psydney

waste of money

i purchased adocate for my dog,i feel like my money was wasted 2weeks after putting on my dog he is still got fleas really bad

Jojo

JojoAustralia

Manufacturer merged with Monsanto

Beware, the manufacturer Bayer purchased Monsanto. This is troubling to say the least. Other brands by Bayer include Advantage, Advantix, Drontal, Kiltix, Seresto and Vetadine

germania1949

germania1949Sydney, NSW

Easy, once a month product

I have been using this product on both my dogs - Border Collie and a X Border Collie/Kelpie since they were pups and are now over 10 yrs old. So simple to apply with the pipettes and dogs are more than happy to sit still as product is applied and they have never had any adverse reactions to this. I always buy the product online as it is so much cheaper than buying from the local vet. Would highly recommend this product as so much easier than trying to shove a tablet or chewy cube down their throats.

Horrible reaction

My dog has reacted to this before but manufacturers advise said it unlikely it this product. Used again and it's happened again. My dogs mood changed and she anxious yet low in mood and lying down all the time. She has had gastric rumblings and been off her food. Today bloody/mucus diarrhea. Going to the vets...Again Manufacturer say it's not the Advocate. But nothing else has changed and this has been three times now. I won't use this again. I think they should be more open to possible reactions in animals. There seem to be a great many online.

PetDog

Advocate is a preventative not a cure

If your dog or young pup has fleas no product will automatically get rid of them. Please keep in mind that all these products are used and crsted as preventatives meaning it will take a little bit of time to be effective as a "cure" if an animal already has fleas or worms :)
Fleas reproduce within 72 hours and all stages must be killed (egg larve and adult) in order to break the cycle so please dont think it is anything to do with the product if youve tried it once and failed to continue to do so

Dominique

Dominique

Horrible reaction

Awful reaction

Within minutes of putting on, my dog went mad.....panting, rolling around and flipping head over tail in an attempt to remove it.
After 15 minutes of watching this, with the dog clearly in distress, i gave her a bath and scrubbed her. 10 minutes later shes ok.........I will never do this to my dog again and no one can tell me it wasn't the advocate that caused it.

Scary Product

Put this on our flat coat retriever this evening. Within an hour he seemed really restless. Couldn't get him to settle at all, a few hours later he was panting and clearly agitated. I've just taken him into the garden and washed it off with water - literally within 15 mins he's lay down and back to normal. Clearly this product was the cause and was making him feel unwell.

lhavener

lhavenerDeuchar Qld

Absolutely amazing product!!

I personally wouldn't recommend ANY other flea, heart worm, or intestinal worm treatment for cats and dogs!!
Advocate takes care of everything (and even things I didn't know that pets could suffer from such as ear mites, mange, lice) etc... I have had 16+ years of experience with 1 Cat and 2 Dogs and this product has been absolutely amazing.

Pet123

Have some questions

I applied the product per instructions. After 3 or 4 days there was a distinct reduction in the skin rash. It seemed to stop at that time and the rash slowly returned. It felt as though it should be fortnightly rather than monthly. I would like to hear from anyone who has this experience.

PetDog

Wish I could give a 1/4 of a star for this USELESS product.

I use to use advocate for my dog and cat all the time but now I think they have grown immune to it and I will never buy again. My dog is completely covered in fleas (he is an outside dog) and after brushing my cat I found a massive flea crawling in her brush then to check her over found an additional flea. How am I meant to know if it has even treated them correctly for worms? You pay top price for this stuff and get nothing out of it. NOT HAPPY!!!!

Super Dan

Super Danasked

Can dogs become "Amune" to this product ?? I've used it religiously for over 3 years,. BUT, Last month and this month, It doesn't seem to be working ?????. I have 6 Chihuahuas and live in the Ocala National Forest and my dogs spend several hours a day outside but sleep inside (in bed with us !!) And I "DeFlea" them nighty by hand(very relaxing) and I remove 20+ fleas nighty !!! From each dog !!. I used to only find 1 or 2 on them !!. Can a Vet or someone with A LOT of experience with Flea Meds please answer this question ???. My dogs are like my children and I can't stand to see them harmed !! If the fleas aren't bothered by this medication anymore, What are the Heart Worms doing ?????. I'm afraid to give separate heart worm medication for fear of an overdose !!!. Please Help !!??!?!?!?. Before last month, We've been 150% satisfied and happy with Advocate !¡. BTW, We buy the red pack for large dogs and divide it between all 6 little ones (all under 8 pounds).

Michelle

Michelleasked

My french bulldog has bad side effects from product ,oily area and agitated hyper unsettled .
Should I wash off still hyper thirsty after 8 hours?

Alyson
Alyson

I would stop using it ! Maybe call his or her breeder and ask what they use? Good luck <3

If it’s been 8 hours there’s no point. Next time try a collar or tablet

Sarah B

Sarah Basked

Hello. I used Avocate for my medium size dog who is 11kg so used the large size. I didn’t realize that I had to apply to different places down her back and just put between the shoulders which I’ve done before, I found one flea round her bottom so applied 24hrs ago. It’s now 24hrs since I applied is it still working on the fleas as I think she still has a live one on her making her jumpy.
Will it still work even though I put it only between her shoulders?

TTT

Shouldn’t be a problem if you think there is still fleas on her the treatment has probably worked but she’s probably picked up more from her bed or an area she like to lay as flea eggs fall of the pet onto the ground bedding dirt carpet you may need to treat all areas she most commonly lays.

Get an answer from our members and Bayer representatives

Download manual