Bayer Advocate

Bayer Advocate Questions & Answers

Orange (Small Cat), Purple (Large Cat), Green (Small Dog), etc...

104 questions from our users

Jean C.

Jean C.asked

My rescue dog has heartworm and we were advised to use Advocate to kill off the young worms. The first time after 36 hours he had explosive diahorrea. I was reluctant to do the second month, but went ahead. Again on the 3rd day he brought up bile, didn't want food, looked very strange and was trembling. He took a little food later in the day and then vomited that all up again. He stopped trembling but was very lethargic. Today, he is almost back to normal, but I will never use that product again.

Lorraine

Lorraineasked

I havent been given the leaflet for advocate for my dog, how should I keep the pipette. The vet has said I need to put a drop on the back of his neck every 4 weeks so need to know how to keep it?

Rachel M.

Rachel M.asked

Advocate Purple (Large Cat)

I used this on my cat about 2 weeks ago and while the fleas left, the poor little think was so irritated yesterday and I realised she has a complete bald patch about 2cm wide and about 3cm long (her hair is quite thick to the point you can barely see skin when you part the fur, usually) and greasy skin with red bumps on the exact place I put the treatment... This was the first time we used this product, other products have been fine. Has anyone else had this happen?

traylee

trayleeasked

How long is the expiry date? I dont have the box they were bought april 2019

Jazz A.asked

hi! my question isnt about the product but has anyone in here having problem with their dog mites also infecting you tho i know mites cant survive human body but it still leaves mark, red bump and causes itchiness. how did you get rid of it ?

Lee

Leeasked

Just wondering if I can apply Profender(red,cat)& Frontline plus on the same day?

Enya
Enya

Would not use bayer advocate products if you paid me. Used advocate on my dog was vomiting blood within 16 hours ended up with ibd and 5000 pounds of vet bills.

Lynda D.asked

My dog swims in the sea regularly with me (like most days). Will Advocate remain effective for the entire month?

bill bayley
bill bayley

What does it say on the packet?? I just did a simple google search & found the answer

Lynda D.

I don't have a packet, need to find out before I buy it. I googled it too and have read conflicting reports which is why I asked on here.

Jazz A.

I was advised by the vet not to wash my dog for 5days after applying the advocate so most likely you cant bring your dog to swim with you for five days. maybe after.

Brian Potter

Brian Potterasked

Advocate Purple (Large Cat)

I left my cats solution in my car for three hours, the incar temperature was above 30 c maybe 35c, is it still safe to use it

Helen J.

Helen J.asked

Advocate Blue (Medium Dog)

I gave my dog her treatment and three hours later she jumped in a river. She was not fully submerged and only felt slightly damp on her back. Will the advocate have worked. We are also now in Devon where ticks are rife should I give her another treatment. Thanks Helen

Shwa

Shwaasked

I accidently used advocate for small dogs between 4-10kg on my puppy instead of the puppy up to 4kg. Is this likely to cause him any harm? I noticed it's 2.5 times the dose on the pamphlet.

Cat

Catasked

Advocate Orange (Small Cat)

My cat has managed to groom where some of the advocate has bled out to the length of her fur. Will she be ok?

Carolyn

Carolynasked

Advocate Purple (Large Cat)

My 4kg cat is very skittish and difficult to apply drops onto in order to empty the pipette completely.
Is it okay & still effective to split the pipette between 2 days? E.G half dose first day and remainder the next?

Jennie K.

Jennie K.asked

Advocate Blue (Medium Dog)

My daughter has accidentally put medium dog advocate on our large dog ( luckily not the other way around). Does this mean she won’t be protected this month as obviously if I put the large dose on now she will be overdosed. Would we be able to put another medium dog on her or is it just not worth the risk?

Judy W.

Judy W.asked

Advocate Purple (Large Cat)

Use advocate regularly and found tiny white worms can use advocate again last dose twelve days ago Thanks Judy

Aref Eshghi

Where on the cat did you find the worms?

TrudyfromOz
TrudyfromOz

The same with my cat. And to your question Aref, worms are surrounding the bum on the cat.

Celeste H

Celeste Hasked

Advocate Grey (Extra Large Dog)

I am fostering a 3.5 yr old mixed breed shepherd/am. staffordshire/bull terrier/mix. 64 lbs=29.03kg. Heart worm positive adult and microfilaria. Last blood test showed no more microfilaria (dirofilaria?). 3/7/19 she received her first treatment and spent the day at the vet in case there was a reaction. Only lethargic. Today 3/21/19 I applied a second treatment as I was instructed and will apply monthly from now on. My question is will this treatment be enough to kill the adult heartworms and keep them from producing young??? The Advocate box I have shows a shepherd and bernard on the front.

A D from India

A D from Indiaasked

If Advocate >25 kg size is used instead of Advantix in a Labrador 10 years old with kidney disease Creatinine 3.4-3.8 is it harmful?

Rayne H.

Rayne H.asked

Advocate Orange (Small Cat)

Hi, my mother and I were using the tube of advocate for my guinea pig, when being applied the guinea pig went to shake and my mum said her mouth started to burn. She thouroughly washed out her mouth and cleaned her hands. Is the chemical in the tube poisonous? And will she be okay?

If I could get answers straight away, I’m worried

Grace
Grace

I wouldn’t apply cat Advocate to guinea pigs as it’s not made for them. Hope your mum is okay. The chemicals are very potent so needs to be applied carefully.

Barry Rutterford

Barry Rutterfordasked

Advocate Blue (Medium Dog)

Where can I buy Bayer Advocate for medium dogs on line?

wendy f.

wendy f.asked

Can I use this on my dog if ive got cats?

Angela C.

Angela C.asked

Advocate Purple (Large Cat)

Accidentally put cat advocate on my dog, can it harm her?

Get an answer from our members and Bayer representatives