AEG

1.1

• Return Claim MadeYes (11) · No

Kerrie

KerrieNew South Wales

Do not buy anything AEG they are crap

Don't buy aeg there product is crap not worth the money and there service team are so rude. My washing machine is less then 12 month old and it's crapped it self, told me its going to be 5 days before they can get someone to look at machine and they refused to replace the machine. Don't waste your money there products are crap not worth the money.

Brian

BrianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lasted 3 months

We purchased new 8000 series washer and dryer. The washer has lasted 3 months. The technician came and couldn’t fix it. There were no replacement parts available. They agreed to exchange it for a new one. When the installers arrived they said it was too high for them to lift. I have to pay for 2 men to come and lift the old one out and put the new in. The dryer doesn’t dry well either. Has to be on the hottest temperature and takes much longer than our old one. Very disappointing!

Alex

AlexSydney Surrounds, NSW

Top of the range dishwasher, fine when it worked - dreadful warrenty service when it didn't!

I chose this product because of the extended warrenty (five years). I had to draw on the warrenty after 4-months because multiple faults rendered it unusable. One of the faults resulted in flooding and damage to my brand new kitchen cabinets. AEG intially refused to replace it and I am still going through the process to get the damage rectified. They don't have a complaints team and they won't allow calls to be escalated. The only form of escalation consumers have with this company is Department of Fair Trade/Consumer, Trader and Tenancy tribunal. Think twice before buying either this or Elecrolux, which is the same company and call centre.

Appliance Brands

Find out how AEG compares to other Appliance Brands

Peter T

Peter T

Warranty is great until you claim

I have a number of AEG battery power tools. I have had three problems the first was a 18v battery that stopped charging Bunnings replaced it on the spot. Second problem was a drill with a constantly jamming chuck and again bunnings replaced. Latest problem is a 6ah battery that won’t fully charge not all the orange charge lights come on. Wasn’t sure if was just the lights so contacted AEG who told me to take it to bunnings, this time bunnings sent it to AEG and 8 weeks later I am still waiting for a result. Luckily I have several batteries but imagine if it was job critical and a two months plus wait for s repair or replacement. The warranty is good on paper but terrible in delivery

Steve

StevePerth, WA

The worst customer service experience I’ve had

Spent $10k to get “the best” only to discover that the new cooktop didn’t work from the get go.
Then lied to by the AEG area manager about how their “technician” would immediately replace it.
Now waiting again for them to get stock and replace it.
Oh how I wish I’d read these reviews before I got talked into this junk by “Winning” appliances who are quite obviously on a large commission to push this brand.

Stay away from this brand the premium quality product is all hype

Dont buy an AEG dishwasher

We purchased an AEG dishwasher a month ago with a special deal that included installation. When the machine was delivered there was a fault with it and it wouldn't turn on. In view of this we decided to get a refund and go with a Bauch (happy we did - very good machine). Our major focus of complaint is with the company - hopeless service and extremely frustrating to deal with. It has been a month and despite numerous phone calls, emails and promises from them, we still dont have our refund. Dont go anywhere near AEG!

Worst Repair Service

I am not recommended to use AEG Tools, I bought AEG 18V Drill Combo on 30/06/2018, Now it’s not working So i gave for repair and they are going to take 2 weeks to fix it, mean while they are not landing tools to use it, it means buy a new one.
They are giving 3 year warranty but it’s work Fine only 4-5 months, It’s my second time bad experience with AEG.
I called to service centre and they transferred the call 4 Times and still nothing sorted.
I made a mistake to use AEG but strongly not recommended to anyone.

Angus Arokiswamy

Angus ArokiswamyCentral West, NSW

Customer service - of the finest quality

Steve

SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Warranty non existent

Bought a router three years ago and signed up for six year warranty. Forgot I had bought it but found in cupboard still unopened. Used it for half a minute and discovered collet unable to secure router bit. Took it to Bunnings and was told that this bit was only guaranteed for THREE MONTHS!!!!!
Wrote to AEG, who confirmed that chucks and collets were identified as a consumable item, so three months was correct. How a drill chuck can be classified as a consumable is beyond my comprehension. Ozito at least give two year warranty. Not impressed with AEG at all

Appliance Brands

Find out how AEG compares to other Appliance Brands

Anthony K.

Anthony K.South East Queensland, QLD

AEG Australia Management Overhaul

AEG Australia got the delivery address wrong and expected client to take off two whole days from work for delivery. Customer service, more so management refusing to take responsibility and ownership of the issue, have switched to Bosch instead. If your after a quality product that you might not be able to experience and the worst possible after market customer service AEG is the way to go. 0 Stars.

peter

peterSydney, NSW

Bad warranty

Brought a AEG 5 amp battery, from bunnings hardly used it , 2 mths later it died and wouldn't charge , it was sent back to AEG only to be sent back to me saying warranty was void ,as they say it was water damaged , which is a complete lie as it was never used outside , and as i live in Sydney the whole time i had it we never had a drop of rain, i was also told by bunnings that AEG have the worst warranty, which i now beleive

Del

Delasked

I would like to know where the latest AEG 45cm combi steam oven is made. Can anyone help please? Thankyou.

James G.

James G.asked

Very interesting, was told this was a premium product and the after sales service was exceptional. Will steer clear I think.

Dianne
Dianne

I complained to their email listed, a service technician then came out free of charge to fit the carbon filter (previously told would have to pay for technician), the technician also had trouble fitting it but fitted it in the end. Also found out don't need to have the carbon filter, it stops the cooking smell, only reason for it apparently. The green light that comes on when it needs changing has stayed on though even new carbon filter has been installed.

Willoughby John
Willoughby John

No question about the product - it is a premium product. It’s just the issue of the person at the end of the phone not listening to me In the first place and then the extreme delay in getting the refund. Maybe COVID19 had something to do with the refund delay.

Gary Williams
Gary Williams

....someone actually told you their after service was exceptional????! That person must be working for AEG. Steer well clear. I waited 6 months for a replacement of a faulty item and when it finally arrived the battery was missing....

Goo g.

Goo g.asked

Thank you all. Nearly bought an AEG wall oven. Will steer clear ... thank goodness for this great website and service.