AEG

AEG (page 3 of 3)

1.6

AEG poor after sales service

AEG makes money on call out fees for fixing ovens. We have an old AEG oven from 2001 and we emailed AEG customer service with details of the temperature gauge problem and photo of the model number. They knew exactly what the issue was but did not tell us over the phone or by email that the problem could not be fixed as they no longer make the parts. Instead they happily sent out someone to take a look and tell us that there are no parts and charge us $185 ! The ethical approach should have been to tell us this over the phone. Poor after sales service. Why would you trust them and buy a new AEG oven?

Stay Away- They Think We're Idiots

Warrenty

I purchased an AEG SBE 630R hammer drill and found that the keyless chuck was allowing drill bits to slip
After sending it back to where I purchased it from it was sent off for repair but after using it a couple of times the problem re emerged
Unfortunately I let time slip by as I hadn't used the drill but when I contacted AEG they advised that the chuck was a consumable and warrenty was for only 3 months
I am now wondering what the 6 year warrenty actually covers

Mel

MelPASCOE VALE

Baffled by rude customer service

Person who answered my call asked for a reference number and then berated me for not giving her the 'short version'. She actually said 'I said I just wanted the number in brackets'. (Well excuse me)!

She also laughed at me for thinking that my washing machine would arrive on the day I was told when I purchased it, before conceding that it would be. I hope the quality of the $1500 washing machine far exceeds AEG's treatment of customers.

L.L

L.LSydney

Never Buy AEG -- garbage products and poor service

Appalling customer service

Scheduled delivery was not available, AEG called on Friday while we were at work, asked for message or call with details. No call. Followed up on Monday morning. Gruff and grumpy telephone operator. Couldn’t reorganise delivery due to time difference between NSW and Qld, onus put on me to ring back in an hour...no offer to call back when their warehouse was open. Made a comment about poor customer service to be met with a sarcastic “have a nice day! “ . Prestige product with bargain basement customer service!

Felix

FelixMelbourne

Poor customer service

Gom

GomBrisbane

Don't buy AEG power tools without checking the warranty catch

I recently bought the AEG 18v combo kit from Bunnings. After I bought it (my fault) I checked to see if their "6" yr warranty was transferable if I decided to sell any or all of my items. Sent AEG an email and the reply was the warranty is "not" transferable. So in my opinion AEG doesn't really think their warranty is worth much if you can't transfer it. I probably wouldn't have bought them if I had known before hand. So buyer beware.

Dodgy product

EMMAB

EMMABPerth, WA

AEG

Our washing machine is faulty at 2 years old, so covered by the AEG 5 year warranty. Whilst the machine has performed perfectly up until now the customer service is absolutely dreadful. Really really bad. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. 2 weeks and we still haven't had an engineer come to repair it. Fuming! Constant promises of call backs which never materialise. I only bought this brand after being persuaded by a Harvey Norman salesman supposedly because of the excellent quality. If only the AEG customer service team had a clue what they were doing it might have been worth the money!! Terrible.

Maz

MazMelbourne

Washing machines

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GARBAGE BRAND.
The worst possible customer services. I waited several weeks to receive my refund from my faulty machine. Their accounts department is in Malaysia. They never return calls or emails. AEG IS OWNED BY ELECTROLUX. It’s a rip off wanna be upmarket product. Definitely stay away. You’d be sorry.

Mich W

Mich WMelbourne

Terrible Post-Sale Service

Zac

ZacGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor after care

Tony

TonySydney, NSW

Overpriced for the "quality", not worth the price

Cro

Croperth

Care Factor 0

Unfortunately not really surprised that i have received no reply from a represantative from AEG. Good to see care factor is clearly 0, the site says it is monitored by a AEG Representative, obviously not important enough.
Probably a simple fix or investigation but looks like im on my own with this one, or just put it in the bin.

KenW

KenWCanberra

AEG Poor Customer Service

BrylieVine

BrylieVineSouth Australia, 5278

Sent away for two weeks to authorised repairer - came back nothing done!!!!!

Del

Delasked

I would like to know where the latest AEG 45cm combi steam oven is made. Can anyone help please? Thankyou.

James G.

James G.asked

Very interesting, was told this was a premium product and the after sales service was exceptional. Will steer clear I think.

Dianne
Dianne

I complained to their email listed, a service technician then came out free of charge to fit the carbon filter (previously told would have to pay for technician), the technician also had trouble fitting it but fitted it in the end. Also found out don't need to have the carbon filter, it stops the cooking smell, only reason for it apparently. The green light that comes on when it needs changing has stayed on though even new carbon filter has been installed.

Willoughby John
Willoughby John

No question about the product - it is a premium product. It’s just the issue of the person at the end of the phone not listening to me In the first place and then the extreme delay in getting the refund. Maybe COVID19 had something to do with the refund delay.

Gary Williams
Gary Williams

....someone actually told you their after service was exceptional????! That person must be working for AEG. Steer well clear. I waited 6 months for a replacement of a faulty item and when it finally arrived the battery was missing....

Goo g.

Goo g.asked

Thank you all. Nearly bought an AEG wall oven. Will steer clear ... thank goodness for this great website and service.