AEG 8000 Series LF8C1612A (10 kg)

AEG 8000 Series LF8C1612A (10 kg)

MPN: LF8C1612A

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.4

Allan

AllanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Machine is crap

Broke down after 12 months
Why did I waste $2600
Service from AEG also crap
Previous AEG lasted 16 years so clearly current product very inferior.
Will never buy anything from them or Electrolux again

Purchased in February 2019 at e&s for A$2,600.00.

Dear Allan,
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further regarding AEG appliance. If you can please email AEG customer care on customercare@aegaustralia.com.au

Always breaks down and takes 6 weeks to get fixed

Ihave a AEG washer and dryer purchase 18 months ago and it has broken down 3 times already and this time it has been 6 weeks to get it fixed

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman.

JustAntsyIllawarra, NSW

Fantastic washing machine

We purchased the 8000 Series 10kg Washing Machine (LF8C1612A) in combination with the 8000 Series 8kg Heat Pump Dryer (T8DHC862B). So far we've been very happy with this machine. We use it everyday to wash synthetics, cottons, woolens and silks. We use the OKOMix a lot with good results. The steam refresh feature is fantastic.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$2,299.00.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how AEG 8000 Series LF8C1612A (10 kg) compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Kevin

KevinPeel, WA

Just Fantastic

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel AeroSense 5kg DE50F56E1
Mark

MarkNortheast, VIC

Rubbish service and product

Washing machine been fixed twice. Customer service is a joke you never get results. Machine has never washed well from new, the 7 year warranty is a joke, I’ve spent more time fixing this machine than I did with our last 25 year old machine. My advice buy a different brand.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Sarah R.

Sarah R.Northeast, VIC

Washer has been fixed twice, lemon from the start, rubbish support.

I’m over AEG, the machine has been fixed twice, they understand there is a problem but refuse to do any more than deny us a washer (young family of 5) for two to three weeks at a time to repair it. It’s just started to display errors again refusing to complete a cycle
Note: love our dryer which we purchased as a combo. But washing machine is rubbish.

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Ishouldofstucktotea

IshouldofstucktoteaSydney

Worst customer service (after Telstra... just)

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman.

ELECTROLUX ..AEG

Great Machine for a large family

Washes clothes well, nothing comes out badly wrinkled, can do 3 timed washes, 1hr 07 Min, 2hr 24mins and 2hr 48min.
Lots of range of programs and very quiet and easy to use.

Purchased in March 2018.

Sam M

Sam MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

BEST machine ever!

We bought our LF8C1612A 10kg AEG washing machine approx. 8 months ago.

The sleek, beautiful design looks awesome in our laundry. We also have a matching dryer.

The machine is so quiet and has a lot of settings to suit your load.

We use powder in our machine and because of the OKOMix technology, we never have an issue with clumpy bits in the machine or on the clothing! The machine spins very fast and clothes are hardly wet! - drying time is great.

The AEG customer service is also fantastic. We have lots of AEG items in our house and they have been our to fix all of our small issues with no worries. (Water flowing issues in newly built home, etc - nothing that AEG's issues).

Definitely recommend AEG products!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Front Loading Washing Machines

mezze

mezze

I love this machine more than my husband!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Signor F

Signor FPerth, WA

Yes it’s expensive! But it’s worth every dollar!

This washing machine is fantastic, we have always had top loaders and this is the first front loader we’ve had at home (I’ve got a front loader at my business to wash dirty tea towels for my restaurant). You cannot compare this wash quality with a Toploader, it washes one 00% better and it’s very gentle on your close. If you set it on normal a wash cycle yes it takes three hours to wash but you can change the settings and it does a perfect wash in one hour!
Compared to the cheap front loader I have at work this expensive front loader is worth every dollar!
We are very happy and highly recommend this model to anyone who is looking at purchasing a front loader or making the big change from top loader to front loader!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

My 20 Year Old AEG Lavamat has just Given up the Ghost

AEG Lavamat 6450 Front Load Washing Machine which I bought in 1997 in Victoria has finally got a Faulty Circuit Board, it was just Brilliant at cleaning dirty clothes, spinning. it had all the Bells and Whistles, Electronic Door opening, small wash, large wash, delicates, Woolens, silks etc. etc....
We have ordered the AEG 10kg Front Loader, I am praying that the Quality is still there, I feel quite tearful to loose my Reliable AEG.

Date PurchasedJun 2007
KLS

KLSGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great, large machine

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Rena

RenaSydney

This is a disappointing machine for the price

Date PurchasedAug 2018
See all AEG 8000 Series Front Loaders reviews

cockatooasked

8000 Series LF8C1612A (10 kg)

Can Electrolux please explain why they can't answer the most simple question HERE? The same stock response to every single question and negative review only underscores the impression you get here that the product may be okay but the customer service is crap! Can anything be worse than Telstra? OMG

Phil C.

Yes AEG is worse they just have no idea what customer service is and that negative reviews will stop other people from purchasing there products dry ok washing machine not worth it. Piece of rubbish forever broken and can take months to get fixed service agent in my area don’t care as well. Highly recommended not to purchase a AEG anything

cockatoo

Yep. Electrolux, AEG, Bosch, Samsung, Meile, Asko all seem to offer the same stock responses, or no responses at all; I've crossed just about everyone off my buy list! Are there any brands out there with a good customer service reputation?

Roeasked

can you please advise me the measurements of the 8kg washer and dryer

Hi Roe
We would like the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with you. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@aegaustralia.com.au with ticket ref number 1090859 We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Leeanne

Hi there,
These measurements are approximate as it’s difficult to be precise as they’re installed.

Dryer
Height= 840mm
Width = 600mm
Depth = 660mm

Washer
Height= 880mm
Width = 600mm
Depth = 660mm

I have stacked them and the overall height (as I have it configured) is 1740mm.

Hope this helps.

Roe

Thanks it too tall and wont fit i der my bench

Jeannie

Jeannieasked

8000 Series LF8C1612A (10 kg)

Why still getting small specks of gunk? on cream sheets. Just one queen bed set washed on the 10kg cotton cycle. Have already had a technician out and he explained about using very little detergent plus bi-carb and vinegar as softener for the towels. Today sheets came out with the spots and towels always have to be dried in the dryer otherwise they are like cardboard (oh, and I use the oko for two towels plus hand towel and also give an extra rinse as suggested by your help line). Getting frustrated as only my husband and I but I seem to spend so much time as the 20 min. cycle mostly indicates overweight. Only two people but have to use OKO as the next minimal time wash unless you can suggest anything else.

(Template 1)
Hi Jeannie,

Leeanne from AEG here.
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your AEG appliance. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact (insert own name) at customercare@aegaustralia.com.au
Leeanne

Get an answer from our members and AEG representatives