AEG T97689IH

AEG T97689IH (page 2 of 2)

MPN: T97689IH
Listing monitored by AEG

Audrey
AudreyMelbourne

Not great

The sales consultant talked us into this and I regret it. This drier does not dry and always turns off, when my clothes are wet! The cupboard dry function is a damp finish, if I want that I’ll hang my load out normally ... good thing is it creates no moisture in the air so I can close my laundry door if need be whilst it’s on.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
KPNIGLEN WAVERLEY

Worst Product Ever Experienced!!!

KPNI

I have finally received the replacement over the weekend but does not convince me to reverse my opinion based on my own experience and the comments made by the Electrician sent in by the AEG.

Greg
GregSydney

Very disappointed with this dryer

Sorely disappointed in the AEG T97689IH heat pump dryer. Unfortunately the only setting it actually dries on is Time Dry which defeats the purpose of having purpose designed settings. Unless you run a Time Dry cycle after the cycle you've selected the load is left damp. This dryer is not energy or time efficient, and definitely not set and forget.
We can't understand what AEG was thinking with this dryer. Even using Extra Dry together with Dry Plus settings leaves the load damp. Just doesn't make sense in a high end product.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

Find out how AEG T97689IH compares to other Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

Gurpreet
GurpreetCraigieburn

Excellent piece of equipment

very happy with its performance, initial cost is expensive but its worth of it. clothes are dried as per your needs.
no shrinkage /no damage .......I bought it because I have 2 school going kids ( 7 & 5 yr) so their uniform was a challenge for us but after this we don't need to worry about weather outside. so very very happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Lala8838
Lala8838Geelong

Good, but not great like the washer

We have been very pleased with our AEG washing machine purchased at the same time, and we've had exemplary service from AEG (see my washing machine review). This matching dryer has been good but a couple of things keep it from a 5 start review... it takes a long time to dry, a buzzing noise has developed on the silk/wool/delicates cycles, the touchpad isn't always responsive, and worst of all this dryer constantly finishes the load and says what's inside is dry but it never is. You have to put it back on at least another 2 cycles. So now I just use the time dryer and put it on for a couple of hours. Not efficient and thus we now hardly use it. I expected better given the price tag.

Hi Lala8838
We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with you. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@aegaustralia.com.au attention.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Vaz
VazBrisbane

Quality heat pump dryer

It was marketed as a quality unit and it hasn't disappointed. 5 year warranty from the manufacturer implies the unit is robust. Had the unit for a few weeks and it has been excellent so far. It was recommended as the best machine of it's type and, so far, it appears to be. Dries clothes well and special wool cycle is brilliant.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
henrylevington
henrylevingtonMelbourne

Pretty Expensive Spinny Thing

Bought this unit alongside the equivalent Washing Machine and used the Stacking kit. Washing machine has been great but don't feel like this unit justifies its price tag.
Whilst its energy efficient and relatively quiet and mechanically sound, that's about where it ends.
It's rated to 8kg. The realistic scenario however is that anything more than 4kg and the clothes will dry quicker outside in the rain. The dry settings are about 2 away from their actual results. So "cupboard dry" is more closer to "damp." Its not an awful machine but it just feels like you have to utilise every button on the machine that destroys your clothes in order to get them dry in a timeframe thats reasonable.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
LynL
LynLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not as good as I expected

for the reputation and the price, I find the washing machine to be fairly average. Takes a long time to finish the regular cycles. And not as gentle as my old Bosch washing machine. The knob is also a poor design. Turning it doesn't always make the selection change. Disappointed in the underperformance considering this is a premium product

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Satrina
SatrinaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great dryer!

We purchased this dryer along with a new AEG washing machine after our 5 year old Bosch machines both died and we decided not to repair them again as they were costing a fortune. So far this machine has been great. It is much quieter than the Bosch and every time the cycle finishes the load is actually dry. The only annoying thing is the incessant beeping when the load finishes. I'll have to read the instructions to work out how to turn it off.

Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

Find out how AEG T97689IH compares to other Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

Heat pump condensor cleaning a problem

More than happy with the heat pump dryers performance til its time to clean the condenser and have not been able to successfully do this yet! The ability to dry clothes continues to diminish as the condenser clogs.
AEG service are prompt but I'm concerned when indicating failure by the user to identify the problem.
This is not the case as my wife and I religiously clean the lint following every load.
The dryer instruction indicated cleaning the condenser with a vacuum but this protected with a plastic grille.
I asked should this have an additional foam filter as used in Miele and Bosch?
AEG service have indicated the only way to clean it is return to AEG!

Date PurchasedJan 2016
ELECTROLUX ..AEG

Made direct contact with AEG (Leeanne) regarding the post for T97689IH on 30th January
Leanne to send response.
Galconaussietours

jophilipsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fantastic Heat Pump Dryer So far!

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Pam  Brisbane
Pam Brisbaneasked

HELP how do we get this dryer to work effectively? We are a household that usually dries things on the line but occasionally we have to use a dryer. We have had this dryer for almost three years and it NEVER works effectively. Honestly I don't believe I have ever taken something out and thought yes, so nice and dry. Everything always feels still quite damp.Highly unsatisfactory especially after the sales pitch. We have spent hours pouring over the instruction booklet. Usually we are drying clothes that are cotton, or partially lined dried dry sheets and towels. Any tips gratefully accepted.

Lock K.
Lock K.asked

horriable dryer... premium price for poor quality. Doesn't dry clothes. Takes very long periods to dry items as in 5 hours or more..would not recommend

Jerry
Jerryasked

How often and how do you clean, AEG heat pump dryer condensor, anyone know?

Gennady V
Gennady V

Everytime,after drying cycle. Put foam in front of the condencer.

Get an answer from our members and AEG representatives

CategoryHeat Pump Clothes Dryers
Price (RRP) $1,799.00
Capacity8 kg
Energy Rating8 star(s)
Energy Consumption123 kWh per year
FeaturesAuto-Sensing, Child-Safety Lock, Lint Filter, Reverse Tumbling and Stackable
Door Hinge Left and Reversible Door Hinge