AEG T97689IH

MPN: T97689IH
Listing monitored by AEG

Kate
Kate

Awful : need to soak up water at bottom of machine and drain condenser with every use

A very difficult machine - the worst I’ve ever experienced.

It will only dry clothes on ‘cotton, extra dry’ setting ... and that takes just over 2hrs.

The water container never collects any water. I have to pull out the condenser and drain it after every load, and use a microfibre towel to mop up excess water at the bottom of the machine.

This is the only way I can use this thing and I absolutely hate it.

I’ve had a technician out to look at it - but they just charge me several hundred dollars, waste a day of my life waiting for them and can’t seem to find any problem - it’s just a dreadful dryer and I really regret buying it

Purchased in January 2014 at Harvey Norman for $1,500.00.

Melanie C.
Melanie C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A dryer that doesn’t dry

Very disappointing for the price. Only one function almost works - and that’s the 3hr cotton cycle with the sun. Still hit or miss if it actually fully dries. Definitely doesn’t dry things if they are put in already half dry. Purchased early 2019. Haven’t tried to sell it yet because I’d feel bad selling a dryer that I know isn’t reliable...

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Penelope
PenelopeMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

A dryer that doesn’t actually dry things.

No matter what setting you put it on, it doesn’t actually dry anything completely. Sometimes the clothes / towels / sheets come out just as damp as I put them in. Very disappointing considering you pay for what you think and are told by a sales assistant, is a premium brand

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

Find out how AEG T97689IH compares to other Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

KimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don’t waste your money

Clothes come out wet. 3 hour dryer cycle and still wet. Setting changed no different. Clothes are never dry. Very disappointing. Harvie Norman recommendation. Paid over $1800. Absolutely waste of money.

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman for $1,800.00.

Kim

I have now sent a email to customer service. Let's hope we can resolve this issue.

Kim

Update, AEG has now replaced the dryer with a brand new model. Good customer service. I do hope this model works.

Stephen
StephenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never Dried Anything!

I bought a AEG washer and dryer from Harvey Norman several years ago and was told it was a great buy for its moderate price. I can’t say that I’ve ever taken clothes out of it and been satisfied they’ve been dry!
I’ve tried every setting with the aim of drying anything. Towels, bedding, even a few pairs of socks. Doesn’t work! I’ve resorted to hanging things in front of a heater after it’s washed to try and actually dry them. It’s been very very disappointing. If I could give 0 stars I would.

Purchased in March 2017 at Harvey Norman for $1,500.00.

ELECTROLUX ..AEG

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Arevjew
Arevjew

Apallingly inept

These guys suck. Could not deliver. If they can't even deliver a $4K order, how would they go after the sale? Took 5+ hours to call back, never returned the 3 calls + text and their call centre was engaged.
Warehouse manager lied. State manager never called back. Not getting my money!

Purchased in January 2020 at Winning Appliances for $4,000.00.

Sharon
SharonNortheast, VIC

Worst dryer

This drier is the worst! Clothes are never dried properly and when you try to dry the clothes further the drier won't allow for it because it thinks there dry. I have tried every cycle to get the dryer to dry the clothes further but to no avail, so revert to hanging them around the house for the bit of dampness to dry. A Harvey Norman rep advocated that is was one of the best dryers however it has been a total waste of money and not cheap. Never buying this brand again.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $1,500.00.

Worst Dryer, Harvey Norman desperate to sell this lemon

By insisting recommendation from Harvey Norman staff bought this dryer, it does not dry clothes, takes up to 4 cycles to get clothes dry, AEG came out, advised it has to be set to "Australian settings" rather than European settings, still rubbish. Called AEG, as soon as I mentioned the model she asked would I like a refund. She was efficient the dryer was rubbish, never trust staff's opinion at Harvey Norman again. Don't Buy!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Louise
Louise

Yikes!!

Just purchased after a lot of convincing from Harvey Norman sales consultants. Looks great, but operates at a low-end budget dryer only suitable for drying towels and sheets. Adjustment of default drying levels are not working - an electronic problem.....Two weeks before a consultant can even come to look at dryer.... Do not buy!! RUN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

Find out how AEG T97689IH compares to other Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

Jools76
Jools76Manly

A dryer that doesn’t dry clothes?

Fact - this dryer does not dry clothes. It takes some of the moisture out but leaves them feeling moist. They are not dry enough to fold and put away. This is the case irrespective of the setting you use so there is not benefit in any of them. I simply cannot believe this product is for sale at all let alone at the price which to me should indicate a high end appliance that works.
Also annoyingly you have to take the clothes out at the end of the cycle immediately or else the moisture that was removed goes back in. Neither Harvey Norman where I bought the machine or AEG are prepared to do anything to address the fact I have paid good money for a product that does not dry clothes.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
KPNIGLEN WAVERLEY

Worst Product Ever Experienced!!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
KPNI

I have finally received the replacement over the weekend but does not convince me to reverse my opinion based on my own experience and the comments made by the Electrician sent in by the AEG.

Pam  Brisbane
Pam Brisbaneasked

HELP how do we get this dryer to work effectively? We are a household that usually dries things on the line but occasionally we have to use a dryer. We have had this dryer for almost three years and it NEVER works effectively. Honestly I don't believe I have ever taken something out and thought yes, so nice and dry. Everything always feels still quite damp.Highly unsatisfactory especially after the sales pitch. We have spent hours pouring over the instruction booklet. Usually we are drying clothes that are cotton, or partially lined dried dry sheets and towels. Any tips gratefully accepted.

Lock K.
Lock K.asked

horriable dryer... premium price for poor quality. Doesn't dry clothes. Takes very long periods to dry items as in 5 hours or more..would not recommend

Jerry
Jerryasked

How often and how do you clean, AEG heat pump dryer condensor, anyone know?

Gennady V
Gennady V

Everytime,after drying cycle. Put foam in front of the condencer.

Get an answer from our members and AEG representatives

CategoryHeat Pump Clothes Dryers
Price (RRP) $1,799.00
Capacity8 kg
Energy Rating8 star(s)
Energy Consumption123 kWh per year
FeaturesAuto-Sensing, Child-Safety Lock, Lint Filter, Reverse Tumbling and Stackable
Door Hinge Left and Reversible Door Hinge