AEG T97689IH

Listing monitored by AEG

Diane
DianeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

AEG T976891H Review Follow-up

I am a very happy converted AEG condensor dryer user. After registering my negative review 2 months ago re my dissatisfaction with my 3 year old dryer, Leeanne from the AEG Customer Service Team promptly contacted me and outlined several programming suggestions for the dryer. She further organised for a representative to come to the house to inspect the dryer. The dryer, and it's user, are working in cahoots with one another now. I want to express my thanks to Leeanne for the excellent service and understanding that she provided.

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman for $1,500.00.

George D.
George D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

AEG Dryer Series 8000

Guys Ive been reading some peoples reviews of the dryer and how clothes are wet at the end of the cycle. My dryer is 1 week old and had the same issue. I contacted AEG repairs and the issue was fixed easily. Do this to fix issue..Press ON then both EXTRA SILENT and REFRESH simultaneously until CO appears. Release and press the START button until only the one bar is there. Your all set and clothes come out almost extra crispy. Installer should have done this but forgot..hope this helps

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Raelene G.
Raelene G.South Australia

Great, love my dryer

I've had this dryer for about 2 years now. During this time, it has dried almost every load washed for my family of 6. Took a little bit to get used to chosing the best settings for each load, but works like a charm now.
Love my dryer and don't want to think of life without it.

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman.

tracy
tracyWALLANBAH

Love this dryer!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

MaggieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Average dryer

Very disappointed with this dryer. I dry most clothes on our clothes line and with my old Miele dryer was able to put towels etc in the dryer after to soften them. The AEG dryer does not allow you to put dry clothes in the dryer to soften them. I assume the sensor tells the machine that the clothes are already dry. If I do time dry it turns off within a minute. Towels are still hard. I spoke to AEG and they couldn’t help me. This is the main reason I use a dryer just to soften. Machine won’t do this. Won’t be buying another AEG. It also takes a very long time to actually dry wet clothes.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Maggie

I have spoken to customer service and they had no answer for the problem. All I want to do is to soften clothes line dried towels etc and this machine won’t do it.

joselle
joselleMelbourne

Loving my new AEG Dryer

I received my new AEG dryer this morning, we replaced a Miele dryer, which was leaking after 8 years of good service, the replacement part was $600, which I was reluctant to pay. I also could not afford another Miele. I previously had a good experience with AEG Oven and this dryer was on sale. After reading some negative reviews I was really apprehensive, but since it arrived I used it twice on different settings and both came out beautifully dry and soft. I am really happy and relieved

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Great dryer

Date PurchasedJune 2018

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Chickadee
ChickadeeBusselton

Poor drying

Extremely disappointed with this machine.
Doesn't fully dry linen. Leaves it feeling damp.
I put it back on to dry and stays on cooling for about 10mins then shuts down.
Doesn't feel very hot during the drying process.
My previous dryer did a much better job for 1/5 of the price.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Gurpreet
GurpreetCraigieburn

Excellent piece of equipment

very happy with its performance, initial cost is expensive but its worth of it. clothes are dried as per your needs.
no shrinkage /no damage .......I bought it because I have 2 school going kids ( 7 & 5 yr) so their uniform was a challenge for us but after this we don't need to worry about weather outside. so very very happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Lala8838
Lala8838Geelong

Good, but not great like the washer

We have been very pleased with our AEG washing machine purchased at the same time, and we've had exemplary service from AEG (see my washing machine review). This matching dryer has been good but a couple of things keep it from a 5 start review... it takes a long time to dry, a buzzing noise has developed on the silk/wool/delicates cycles, the touchpad isn't always responsive, and worst of all this dryer constantly finishes the load and says what's inside is dry but it never is. You have to put it back on at least another 2 cycles. So now I just use the time dryer and put it on for a couple of hours. Not efficient and thus we now hardly use it. I expected better given the price tag.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Hi Lala8838
We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with you. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@aegaustralia.com.au attention.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Vaz
VazBrisbane

Quality heat pump dryer

It was marketed as a quality unit and it hasn't disappointed. 5 year warranty from the manufacturer implies the unit is robust. Had the unit for a few weeks and it has been excellent so far. It was recommended as the best machine of it's type and, so far, it appears to be. Dries clothes well and special wool cycle is brilliant.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
henrylevington
henrylevingtonMelbourne

Pretty Expensive Spinny Thing

Bought this unit alongside the equivalent Washing Machine and used the Stacking kit. Washing machine has been great but don't feel like this unit justifies its price tag.
Whilst its energy efficient and relatively quiet and mechanically sound, that's about where it ends.
It's rated to 8kg. The realistic scenario however is that anything more than 4kg and the clothes will dry quicker outside in the rain. The dry settings are about 2 away from their actual results. So "cupboard dry" is more closer to "damp." Its not an awful machine but it just feels like you have to utilise every button on the machine that destroys your clothes in order to get them dry in a timeframe thats reasonable.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

LynL
LynLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not as good as I expected

for the reputation and the price, I find the washing machine to be fairly average. Takes a long time to finish the regular cycles. And not as gentle as my old Bosch washing machine. The knob is also a poor design. Turning it doesn't always make the selection change. Disappointed in the underperformance considering this is a premium product

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Satrina
SatrinaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great dryer!

We purchased this dryer along with a new AEG washing machine after our 5 year old Bosch machines both died and we decided not to repair them again as they were costing a fortune. So far this machine has been great. It is much quieter than the Bosch and every time the cycle finishes the load is actually dry. The only annoying thing is the incessant beeping when the load finishes. I'll have to read the instructions to work out how to turn it off.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Heat pump condensor cleaning a problem

More than happy with the heat pump dryers performance til its time to clean the condenser and have not been able to successfully do this yet! The ability to dry clothes continues to diminish as the condenser clogs.
AEG service are prompt but I'm concerned when indicating failure by the user to identify the problem.
This is not the case as my wife and I religiously clean the lint following every load.
The dryer instruction indicated cleaning the condenser with a vacuum but this protected with a plastic grille.
I asked should this have an additional foam filter as used in Miele and Bosch?
AEG service have indicated the only way to clean it is return to AEG!

Date PurchasedJan 2016
ELECTROLUX ..AEG

Made direct contact with AEG (Leeanne) regarding the post for T97689IH on 30th January
Leanne to send response.