Listing monitored by AFG Home Loans

1.9
Matt H.
Matt H.Hunter Region, NSW

I will never recommend or use them ever again

Awful and inefficient practices, unwilling to provide correct statements or loan discharge figures. Loan payments taking 7+ days to "clear" and being told refunds after loan discharge will take 3-4weeks

Leanne
LeanneSouth Australia

Don't bother

Took out a loan with them for $347,000, but we don't have access to the full amount. Going to the ombudsman and hopefully we can refinance and have nothing more to do with them.

Loan Start DateJune 2020

Sam
SamSydney, NSW

Very poor customer service

I am an AFG home loan customer. Due to COVID I was in hardship, I requested AFG to review my request to pause the repayment for 2 months. Didn't get any support at all!

Loan Start DateDecember 2017

Professionalism, Quality, Responsiveness, Value

Big thank you to Mohan for for his assistance on helping me receive a loan approval within 1 week. I highly recommend Mohan and his team to everyone. Big thank you again!

Ujwal
UjwalGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst decision of my life. Stay way and save your self from depression

The transparency and practice of this company is borderline unconscious misconduct. I am currently trying to doo a partial discharge of my loan which will reduce the balance of AFG by $110k but they are saying that they will not discharge my loan which I am currently servicing easily. My settlement is in a few weeks and they have left me absolutely no option but to discharge my all there loans from them. Funny how they don't want my business and would rather I discharge 3 loans instead of one. This is beyond my understanding and feel like they are purposely trying to make sure my settlement does not proceed. I will be making sure no one in my immediate contact EVER deal with these guys again.

Griffin
GriffinPerth, WA

Great to begin with, horrible afterwards

Easy to get a loan with.
Terrible if market conditions change.

If they review your rates when RBA rates change, don't expect a reasonable outcome. 0.05% offered vs 1% on their competitors.

Sheree C.
Sheree C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Administration is terrible

Their LMI fees are great and what not. So the savings side fantastic. But their admistration is ridiculous. Everything we have had to sign had to be done again. And when it was redone we had to wait weeks for the process then redo it then wait weeks again! We have builders waiting for money to be released and the bank is taking their sweet time. As soon as we can we are refinancing with another bank

Loan Start DateJuly 2020

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Thanks AFG - good and simple service

We rolled over our finances into a single loan and received prompt and personal service.
Online facilities are easy to use and any queries have been resolved quickly - thanks AFG

Loan Start DateSeptember 2019

JaredGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

AFG Home Loan Edge

Michael
MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent lender with great service

AFG have been excellent to deal with over the past couple of years. I have now changed back to a major bank as I need more features with my home loan due to living in a remote area. If you’re looking for a simple great value home loan with excellent customer service you won’t go wrong with AFG. They have also been excellent with the discharge of both my mortgages and very quick with the release. If I ever look at refinancing my properties again I will definitely come back to AFG.

Loan Start DateFebruary 2018
Loan used forRefinancing

Other Home Loans

Can't even do a pre-approval stage properly

I have gone thru an agent who did the processing recently for an AFG loan and luckily escaped from the unforeseen problems. I have given all documents correctly on time and agent did a wonderful job to send to their topline such as BDM, unfortunately, this BDM and toplines are utterly hopeless because whenever I send their requested docs latest I have to wait for 2 weeks for a reply and on a follow up the reply will be your docs are not recent , send the latest again and repeated for more than 3 times and finally I fed up and send just stop it. The later agent agreed you are not the first person having this issue, and my question was why you referring this irresponsible lender.

MDM
MDMVictoria

Horrendous service and woeful organisation. Keep away from AFG!

Loan Start DateMarch 2019
Loan used forHome Construction

Start now

AFG have been difficult from the start

Loan Start DateMarch 2018
Loan used forSecond Home
alex
alexGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unexplained interest rate hikes, unreasonably high discharge fees.