Listing monitored by AFG Home Loans

1.8
Neville
NevilleSydney, NSW

RIP off...

Non existent, always had an answer why they could not drop my rate. Yeats if/when they finally answered the call. An absolute joke.....
They just seemed very uncooperative, like they were doing you a favour. Very unhelpfull and dismissive.
The rate was a rip off and even after jum ping through loops there was always a reason why they would not consider amending it.

Loan Start DateFebruary 2018
Lainey
Lainey

Warning - stay away from AFG

Absolutely no customer service. Easy to get a loan with, but when you want to leave due to their ridiculous interest rates etc they make it difficult. Found out our loan is actually with a 3rd party and NOT AFG.

Don't EVER use then

Went with them for a great introductory rate, but didn't keep rate competitive for existing clients. Paid more than required weekly and wasn't made easy to redraw. After redrawing once had to contact them again to do it again. Now refinancing for a rate of more than 1% better, the settlement date has already been pushed back by AFG three times. Do your research before consider using them.

Matt H.
Matt H.Hunter Region, NSW

I will never recommend or use them ever again

Awful and inefficient practices, unwilling to provide correct statements or loan discharge figures. Loan payments taking 7+ days to "clear" and being told refunds after loan discharge will take 3-4weeks

Leanne
LeanneSouth Australia

Don't bother

Took out a loan with them for $347,000, but we don't have access to the full amount. Going to the ombudsman and hopefully we can refinance and have nothing more to do with them.

Loan Start DateJune 2020
Sam
SamSydney, NSW

Very poor customer service

I am an AFG home loan customer. Due to COVID I was in hardship, I requested AFG to review my request to pause the repayment for 2 months. Didn't get any support at all!

Loan Start DateDecember 2017
Ujwal
UjwalGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst decision of my life. Stay way and save your self from depression

The transparency and practice of this company is borderline unconscious misconduct. I am currently trying to doo a partial discharge of my loan which will reduce the balance of AFG by $110k but they are saying that they will not discharge my loan which I am currently servicing easily. My settlement is in a few weeks and they have left me absolutely no option but to discharge my all there loans from them. Funny how they don't want my business and would rather I discharge 3 loans instead of one. This is beyond my understanding and feel like they are purposely trying to make sure my settlement does not proceed. I will be making sure no one in my immediate contact EVER deal with these guys again.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Griffin
GriffinPerth, WA

Great to begin with, horrible afterwards

Easy to get a loan with.
Terrible if market conditions change.

If they review your rates when RBA rates change, don't expect a reasonable outcome. 0.05% offered vs 1% on their competitors.

Sheree C.
Sheree C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Administration is terrible

Their LMI fees are great and what not. So the savings side fantastic. But their admistration is ridiculous. Everything we have had to sign had to be done again. And when it was redone we had to wait weeks for the process then redo it then wait weeks again! We have builders waiting for money to be released and the bank is taking their sweet time. As soon as we can we are refinancing with another bank

Loan Start DateJuly 2020

Thanks AFG - good and simple service

We rolled over our finances into a single loan and received prompt and personal service.
Online facilities are easy to use and any queries have been resolved quickly - thanks AFG

Loan Start DateSeptember 2019

JaredGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

AFG Home Loan Edge

Michael
MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent lender with great service

AFG have been excellent to deal with over the past couple of years. I have now changed back to a major bank as I need more features with my home loan due to living in a remote area. If you’re looking for a simple great value home loan with excellent customer service you won’t go wrong with AFG. They have also been excellent with the discharge of both my mortgages and very quick with the release. If I ever look at refinancing my properties again I will definitely come back to AFG.

Loan Start DateFebruary 2018
Loan used forRefinancing

AFG have been difficult from the start

Loan Start DateMarch 2018
Dean T.AFG Home LoansSend a private message

Frustrated

I’ve been with AFG for less than a year and my interest rate has gone up twice .Im now looking into changing my home loan...mind youvim a first homebuyer and I’m in shock how fast the interest rates are going up when other banks are keeping their rates the same .

Loan Start DateJune 2018