Listing monitored by AFG Home Loans

1.8

Don't EVER use then

Went with them for a great introductory rate, but didn't keep rate competitive for existing clients. Paid more than required weekly and wasn't made easy to redraw. After redrawing once had to contact them again to do it again. Now refinancing for a rate of more than 1% better, the settlement date has already been pushed back by AFG three times. Do your research before consider using them.

Loan used forRefinancing
Matt H.
Matt H.Hunter Region, NSW

I will never recommend or use them ever again

Awful and inefficient practices, unwilling to provide correct statements or loan discharge figures. Loan payments taking 7+ days to "clear" and being told refunds after loan discharge will take 3-4weeks

Leanne
LeanneSouth Australia

Don't bother

Took out a loan with them for $347,000, but we don't have access to the full amount. Going to the ombudsman and hopefully we can refinance and have nothing more to do with them.

Loan Start DateJune 2020
Sam
SamSydney, NSW

Very poor customer service

I am an AFG home loan customer. Due to COVID I was in hardship, I requested AFG to review my request to pause the repayment for 2 months. Didn't get any support at all!

Loan Start DateDecember 2017
Loan used forFirst Home

Ujwal
UjwalGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst decision of my life. Stay way and save your self from depression

The transparency and practice of this company is borderline unconscious misconduct. I am currently trying to doo a partial discharge of my loan which will reduce the balance of AFG by $110k but they are saying that they will not discharge my loan which I am currently servicing easily. My settlement is in a few weeks and they have left me absolutely no option but to discharge my all there loans from them. Funny how they don't want my business and would rather I discharge 3 loans instead of one. This is beyond my understanding and feel like they are purposely trying to make sure my settlement does not proceed. I will be making sure no one in my immediate contact EVER deal with these guys again.

Dianne H.
Dianne H.

Cookie Cutter Approach and No Customer Service

Loan Start DateOctober 2018
Loan used forSecond Home

Start now

Can't even do a pre-approval stage properly

I have gone thru an agent who did the processing recently for an AFG loan and luckily escaped from the unforeseen problems. I have given all documents correctly on time and agent did a wonderful job to send to their topline such as BDM, unfortunately, this BDM and toplines are utterly hopeless because whenever I send their requested docs latest I have to wait for 2 weeks for a reply and on a follow up the reply will be your docs are not recent , send the latest again and repeated for more than 3 times and finally I fed up and send just stop it. The later agent agreed you are not the first person having this issue, and my question was why you referring this irresponsible lender.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
MDM
MDMVictoria

Horrendous service and woeful organisation. Keep away from AFG!

Loan Start DateMarch 2019

Other Home Loans

AFG have been difficult from the start

Loan Start DateMarch 2018
Loan used forSecond Home

Be Warned!

Long term customer with AFG, but the recent interest rate hike is provocative and totally unfair at time when they should be lowering interest rates.
AFG’s customer service is non-existent; they haven’t offered a response to an email I sent, at the advice of their own customer service person…despite re-sending it several times. The message is, couldn’t care less for customers or loyalty. We’ll do what we like, you just put up with it.

Malcolm1978
Malcolm1978Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible Service

Loan Start DateOctober 2017

Kram
Kram

Crap service - stay away.

Frustrated

I’ve been with AFG for less than a year and my interest rate has gone up twice .Im now looking into changing my home loan...mind youvim a first homebuyer and I’m in shock how fast the interest rates are going up when other banks are keeping their rates the same .

Loan Start DateJune 2018
Loan used forFirst Home

Ben
BenHunter Region, NSW

Stay away

I’m warning anyone that will listen to stay away from AFG.
I have a loan with them for my land, but Im transferring my land loan to another bank to build my home.
My account was canceled by them but they are refusing to realise my loan to the other bank. But in the mean time they have charged me $800 and are trying to charge me interest on the account that was closed. Settlement has been pushed back by 2 weeks now and I’m still waiting.

I was also ahead on my payments and haven’t seen or heard where that money has gone.
Please stay away from this company

Loan Start DateMay 2017