AFG Home Loans

AFG Home Loans (page 2 of 3)

Listing monitored by AFG Home Loans

Jing
JingQueensland, 4152

AFG has some pretty poor business practices

Dean T.AFG Home Loans

Hi Jing, we're sorry you aren't happy with our interest rates. Our head of customer service has tried to get in contact with you, if you would like to discuss your situation further, please contact our client services team on 1800 629 948

So so easy

This company made the ease of refinancing a breeze, the interest rate and fees are very competitive and the customer service each time we have had to contact them has been second to none.

Dean T.AFG Home Loans

Hi Whichies, thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We're really pleased you've found everything so easy! If you ever need assistance in the future our team is here to help.

Great service!

Had a really good experience throughout the whole process. Left the big banks due to extremely poor service and experience. I really hope that my broker receives bonuses/rewards as to provide incentive to deliver a high standard of customer service... That’s exactly what I got from my broker. My advise if you are assigned a broker and it doesn’t feel right then simply request another until you get the right one. We consolidated all debt, which was a result of much lower interest rate which reduced our repayments and most importantly it was a stress free experience with no gotchas along the way. Been over a year and on a variable rate without any increase.

Dean T.AFG Home Loans

Hi Firthy, thanks for your review. It's great news that you found the right broker and have had such a good experience!

Very easy

Really they stay on top of things.
System is easy to use
Very friendly staff in deed
Online is very easy to use

Dean T.AFG Home Loans

Hi Mario, thanks for your review. It's great that things have been easy for you. If you ever need assistance our team is here to help.

nicole
nicoleSydney, NSW

Great Rate. Great Features. Great Service

I could not be happier with my AFG Home Loan. The app is uber easy to use, I have my own Debit Visa card linked with my offset account and the service is great. I have absolutely no hesitation to recommend this product. Just because it is not a "familiar" bank it does not mean it is limited with features.

Dean T.AFG Home Loans

Hi Nicole, thank you for your review! So glad you've had a great experience.

Love

Love AFG Home Loans, great features and historically lower rates than the banks.
The broker was great too, so much better than the big banks, I recommend them to all of my friends.

Dean T.AFG Home Loans

Hi Christian, thanks for taking the time to share your review! It's fantastic to hear you've had such a great experience.

Joseph
JosephSydney, NSW

unreasonable rate increases and a dodgy broker!

AFG has been grabbing a lot of our money over the years...they have their own unannounced, unwarranted rates, once you join; they have different rates for different people. If you stay shut up, then you put up with whatever they are taking from you...now we're re-financing, and they offer a lower rate...what! All on a sudden their broker calls us and claims he 'negotiated' it for us!

Dean T.AFG Home Loans

Hi Joseph, we're sorry you aren't happy with our interest rates and your broker experience. If you would like to discuss your situation further, please contact our client services team on 1800 629 948

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
John
JohnPerth, WA

Instant Rate Rise

Much like the last poster, I signed up with AFG recently and after making our first payment, I got a letter in the mail saying that our interest rate was rising! Not sure why as the official interest rate hasnt risen, neither have any of the big banks had a rate increase. It's almost like they lure you in with a low introductory offer and then immediately take it away from you once you're locked in!

Olivia
Olivia

Immediate Rate Increase

The day before my first payment, I received a letter stating that my rate will increase by 0.15%. Sounds like this happens to most people which is disappointing. 18 months in and my interest rate is .25% higher than most places so I'm now looking at refinancing. My broker hid a lot of information about this lender and I suspect it's because he has a deal with them to sign up X number of customers and get a bonus. Wouldn't recommend so don't bother!

Sanjeev
SanjeevGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I should have changed long ago

Worst brokers they have got under their belt. I was on the verge of loosing my $40000 deposit on contract due to their lack of professionalism.
Also they keep low interest just for starting. Increased second month straight by .40% without any reserve RBA fluctuation. I am happy that I have moved out of these thugs trap. Just signed up with HSBC. Should have done long ago. Lazy me.
Just a piece of advice. Whatever lender you go with just make sure what is their exit fees plus other costs related to exit process.

Diesie
DiesieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Letter of Complaint

Poor communication in overal

I have found AFG a poor communicator on loan facility and changes they have intention to make. I was lead to believe one thing before charges then they did not honor it . Number of times requested for explaination and it did not materialised and kept referring me to the Broker . Up to now I am still waiting for some one who has authority to explain why the changes to the loan structure has not been communicated directly

Despicable

Whatever you do, explore all other options before using this company.

They are reprehensible in their compassion and absolutely contentious of my personal circumstances. Do not under any circumstances put large amounts of money on your redraw.

They have driven me to the lowest point in my life. Their contentious and belligerent disregard for YOU are being belief.

Good company for your worst enemy, not much good if you're grieving.

Nicola
NicolaSydney, NSW

They made it simple.

Seems such a mixed bag of reviews on here. I went through a mortgage broker who recommended them, been with them 7 months and I have found them fabulous. I have an offset mortgage. Great product. Locked in rate for 3 years, helpful on the phone and an easy website to navigate. Is my experience anyway. ☺️

Easy to use, wonderful service!

Great lender, easy products, backed by NAB. Great customer service team. I like the fact that I am not transferred to 100 people to get assistance!

Graham Morse
Graham MorseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Service - what's that?

Excellent Service and Easy Products

I have had two loans with AFG now and both of them have been great. The process was easy to follow and my mortgage broker was excellent to deal with. I'm so happy with my new loan and wouldn't go anywhere else. Thanks AFG.

Reduced interest rate... for a month!

After asking an unrelated question I was offered a lower interest rate by the customer retention team. Ah, that sounds all right.
So I accepted the fraction of percentage discounted; but when no other movement interest rates was made on any other banks or RBA, I received a notice of rates increasing... Now I am not happy; about to go for a battle. I hate to be taken for granted.

Cars
CarsBrisbane

Beware of interest rate rises

I do no direct banking with this company , I only have my mortgage with them. My mortgage rate has risen twice in one year. (and they weren't the cheapest rate at the time and the Fed Reserve has not raised its interest rate ) Seems to be a common thread through these reviews.

worst home loan lender ever

poor customer support, don't even try to become a customer, not interested once you've been hooked. It is our worst experience ever!!!!

Joseph
JosephMickleham

Worst bank ever very slow and they make so many mistakes

Took ages to do anything, lost paper work hard to contact. Seriously don't bother just for a couple of points lower than the other banks.

Absolutely useless don't ever use them

Very disappointed. Terrible to deal with. They don't care. Very slow to get anything done. Please don't use them. Never again.

Get what you pay for

I'm waiting for my loan to be out of fixed then moving out. I had to wait 10 days to access my money after loan settled. No one cared or wanted to help me. Would not recommend.

KHarps
KHarpsBrisbane

Great service - highly recommend.

AFG Home Loans were fantastic to deal with. We had a complicated transaction and our mortgage broker made the whole process as smooth as possible. We knew exactly what was happening every step of the way. The level of communication was great which made the whole thing a lot less stressful. AFG offered very competitive interest rates and their internet banking is easy to use.
I would highly recommend their service and they offer a great product.

Katz
KatzSydney

AFG Home Loans

I've given you 6 months now that I've had my mortgage with you and it is fantastic. I moved from ANZ as they were not interested in the "little man" in the street but with AFG they absolutely care and I would not move again. The AFG internet banking website is also very plain, simple and easy to use.

I assume that AFG would handle tons of loans yet I only see a few negative comments here which implies that everyone else is happy with the services as most people will only complain and not comment on good service.

Thank you so much for the great product and service.

Find the right home loan for you

Start NowNEW SERVICE