Afterpay (page 2 of 78)

Pros

• Free to use - Zero Interest and No Establishment Fees

• Seamless integration within stores with a large number of merchants offering AfterPay

• Automatic payment plan of 4 equal instalments each fortnight

• Credit check not required; doesn't affect your credit score

Cons

• $10 Late Fee for missing an automatic payment

• $7 Fee on top of $10 Late Fee if you fail to repay the missed instalment within 7 days of the due date

• May affect your ability to secure a loan as lenders consider Afterpay a line of credit

4.1

1,547 reviews
  • Rates and Fees
  • Application Process

Evelyn H.Northeast, VIC

If you paid with Afterpay and don't get your goods or the service you bought, you're screwed.

Manjana G.

Manjana G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very bad customer service

I bought super dry jacket and the purchase got cancelled by the merchant. Being the middle man They should be the one who should settle this not us as we didn’t went to there website straight and went through Afterpay. Instead of rectifying our concern they are still charging us our instalment. The feedback system is very poor and slow. And the worst part we can’t be able to talk to them over the phone so that we can come to a proper settlement.!! Abysmal is how I will sum this experience with afterpay. Zippay and split it are much better than afterpay.!!!

Sëa

SëaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Inconsistent and unreliable

AFTERPAYAfterpay

You may be pleased to hear that we have recently included in our app a visible on screen 'available to spend' this is based on feedback from customers like you that found the lack of transparency frustrating. We hope you will give us another go!

Juliana Y.

Juliana Y.Sydney, NSW

Amount Available To spend

Afterpay just reduced my available amount to spend without explanation. I got in touch to understand why, as I have been using the service for over 2 years and always paying in time and their reply was just an automatic thing, totally “I don’t care “ and someone called Cameron was totally rude when I got back again asking for a decent explanation.
So disappointed as I’ve been a good customer that was always telling my friends to try the service.

herman

hermanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Discusting useless customer service, even by supervisors!!! avoid afterpay!!!!

Discusting useless, customer service, even by supervisors!! Avoid afterpay!! Go elsewhere this company does not care what so ever if you have a gold credit rating, worst worst customer service i have ever encountered, useless useless Do not use!!

Rachael

RachaelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love Afterpay but dislike App update

I dislike the update on the app. I prefer seeing how much I owed (14 days, 30 days etc) compared to how much I can spend. If I wanted to see how much I could spend I would just click on the voucher. It feels like a sneaky way to encourage people to spend instead giving people clarity on their payments.

Deborah

DeborahHunter Region, NSW

Shocking customer service

Not helpful, just out to have people shop and get into debit. Be careful you will not get any satisfaction out of this company and they will not help you. It is making you spend excessive.

AFTERPAYAfterpay

Hey Deborah - wow that hurts, if you would like us to find out if we can help you give us a quick call 1300 100 729 or if you prefer head to our help centre help.afterpay.com we would love to change your mind

Natasha L.

Natasha L.

Appauling do not do business with!!

Customer service is well below par, staff don't even read the messages they eventually may respond to, have no knowledge of their own policies or just refuse to explain anything, are incapable of addressing customers correctly in messages and threaten customers when they get annoyed. Stay well clear!

Natasha - give us a quick call 1300 100 729 we would love to change your mind

Bonnie

BonnieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I lost $80 and afterpay wont do anything about it

I am taking Afterpay to Fair trade ombudsman.
I was scammed $80 and Afterpay refuse to help me get my money back at all, say its my own problem. Will never use Afterpay again.

AFTERPAYAfterpay

Bonnie - this sounds very serious. Give us a quick call so that we can find out more 1300 100 729 or if you prefer go to our help centre help.afterpay.com

AspenKat

AspenKatSydney Surrounds, NSW

Happy to take your money, not so with issuing refunds.

Simba

SimbaSydney, NSW

Afterpay vs No interest Credit Card

Disclaimer: I am not offering any financial advice but financial wisdom cows with knowing what you sign up for and I am not affiliated to any bank or Afterpay.

Using $1000 as a base credit value with Afterpay you just pay back $1000 in 8 weeks whereas for example, with NAB ‘0% interest’ card you end up paying $1020 in 2 months. Banks do a credit check that will dent your score, Afterpay doesn’t. Banks charge you monthly fees (no interest) and Afterpay charges the retailer a fee not you.

Credit cards are versatile for travel and paying for things like car hire overseas but with Afterpay it’s just for domestic use.

The choice is yours.

Unhappy xcustomer

Unhappy xcustomerWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

They lied to me

I contacted afterpay to get an extension of two weeks due to financial hardship. The amount was under $100.00. I received an email from the reassuring me that payments and notifications were turned off til that date (two weeks time).
However they lied. I lent some money to tide me over and afterpay took it all that same night.
I contacted them immediately but got the old nothing we can do now crap
I know it's so temping but please avoid them for your financial health.

Viper6

Viper6

Rubbish app and service

App says I can use $500 to make purchases, try to make purchases in store and they are declined due to ‘insufficient funds‘, even though there are PLENTY of funds available on the linked credit card. Very embarrassing. Use that same credit card with PayPass and transaction is approved. The problem is with Afterpay. There also also random times when a barcode cannot be generated.

Support is useless they just reply back with copy and paste scripted responses.

Shane D.

Shane D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A little difficult, could be better!

Tried to use via a new EBAY (test it out) and to take advantage of 4 payment option.
Could not setup the account as using a different email address, as I have many but would only link to one phone and one email. Support was via email and no desktop access only via mobile app.
Just a little difficult to use. Suggest to avoid!

Call us pretty sure we could help you to shop 1300 100 729

trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rude staff and terrible customer service

They clearly don’t care about loyal customers. I would never recommend using them at all and I will tell everyone I know what has occurred and try and get them to use any other facility.

AFTERPAYAfterpay

Wow - what has happened to make you feel this way? Give us a call and tell us how we can help you out 1300 100 729

Arnold LabaresSydney, NSW

Afterpay account website inutile

I purchased sunglases via Afterpay. I set another debit card as my primary after 1st of 4 payments. On my second payment Afterpay still debitted from my previous debit card.

Simone B.

Simone B.Sydney, NSW

Great! Never been a problem

Great way to purchase something when you don't have the cash at hand, just like lay-by, never any problems, any problems someone is always there to help you out, will totally use again

Thanks for your feedback Simone - glad you are enjoying shopping with Afterpay

Dan

DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely terrible customer service

They clearly don’t care about loyal customers. I would never recommend using them now I know the way they react or fail to act when you need to try and sort something out. I will tell everyone I know what has occurred and try and get them to use any other facility

Simone

SimoneSydney, NSW

Very upset with how I’ve been treated.

Tyson

TysonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible customer service and refund process.

Ebay refunded a purchase and I am still waiting for it from Afterpay after nearly 2 weeks. Submitted an enquiry and got a "have you restarted your computer" response. Terrible service!

juliasked

I can not click on the in store barcode it just loads and does nothing.

Hi Juli
Here are some of the things I hope will help your in store barcode.
1. if you have only just recently joined afterpay, usually your limit will be lower, however, the longer you with them, and spending responsibly and make payment on time, chances are you more likely to get approve for an in store barcode.
2 . They will also take note if there is any sufficient fund available.
3 How much do have as an outstanding on your previous purchases
4 . The less the amount to repay, the more likely your barcode request will be approved
5. Check your mobile data turned on for afterpays applications .
Hopefully this will help, if not you are welcome to give them a call, and share their responses to everyone . It will be a good help

Thanks for the reply
With after I started with 550 and because i was paying on time or a week earlier bow the limit is 1500 , which is great. But as i went into david jones i logged in all well but it will not allow me to press the scan bar code ? Why is this

Hi Juli

My advise to you is don’t get involved with Afterpay. They messed me over and lied to me and therefore lost my trust and killed their integrity. Plus they can’t guarantee100% on all products.

Made me wait around in a shop for an hour and didn’t let me have access to getting a gift card although it was only $150 and in the account I had $800 to spend with them.

Also I paid my bill 2 weeks early they told me sorry we don’t care. They literally told me it doesn’t make a difference if you pay your account early even if you enter into a payment arrangement with them.

Go zip pay instead because you can get groceries and I believe fuel as well.

If you’re going to get fuel, you have to buy a shell card at Coles and go to a coles express to use it.

Afterpay does not offer this service at all on groceries or fuel it’s very limited. Plus as I said they stuff you over.

Take care

Jason

Jasonasked

Quick question after pay do I need to put a down payment on the first purchase for the four payments

Allaena

Yes, eg . If you had a shopping amd the amount is $ 80.00, the first payment upfront will be $20.00.
and the remainder will be $20. Fortnightly

Tony Potter

No don’t waste your time with Afterpay go with zip pay much better.

Afterpay lies to me blocked my account although I had paid my bill early and they told me that they don’t guarantee 100% on every item and all I wanted from them was a gift card which was on their list. I ended up lay buying my items myself.

They also after lying to me twice made me wait around for an hour until I called them back again saying why can’t I get the items I want, I paid you 2 weeks in advance.

So it doesn’t matter if you pay early, Afterpay will still screw you over regardless.

On top of that they are limited, if you go zip pay you can actually buy groceries and possibly even fuel. So if I were you don’t waste your time with them. I read a review on here where they’ve made a person wait 6 months and he’s paid his bill. He’s now worried about xmas.

Go zip pay much better

VBG
VBG

If you are going to be able to pay off on time then would recommend to check out the zero annual fee credit cards. They are much better option when compared to any of the buy now pay later providers.

Naomi D.

Naomi D.asked

I’m a new customer and can’t use in store barcode? Online purchases work fine. Is there a rule where new customers can’t do that yet?

Allaena

Not that know of. Usually if it's say scan in store then you need to visit whatever store with your barcode, they will scan it for you.

Allaena

Hi Naomi, I have just posted an answer for Juli, hope that will help.

Get an answer from our members and Afterpay representatives

Other Buy Now, Pay Later Services