3.8

69% · 2,001831 · 29%

2,907 reviews
fred up
fred up8 posts

Maybe ok once but no longer

There is zero customer protection using Afterpay, if youre scammed etc they couldn't care less. Regulation regarding this company is well overdue.
Scott B.
Scott B.South East Queensland, QLD

fptr
fptrmooloolaba50 posts

Product is good

Like most big companies afterpay suffers poor customer service my most experience would indicate lack of training and inability to c
Comprehend English they do provide a questionable service and I suspect target audience is the skck( economic group
kiki q.
kiki q.

Banned for life after not using for 7 years

7 years ago was in a severely bad place personally and financially as happens to everyone at times and I missed a few payments but paid off what I owed including all fees and staying in touch. I have no outstanding amounts, have a very good paying job and haven’t used it since 2017, went to use over Xmas and cldnt, emailed “help” and was told I will NEVER be able to use this service again. After SEVEN YEARS!!! Since 2017!!! How is this possible? Bankruptcy doesn’t even last this long and statute Barr applies after this amount of time to debts as well. Dumbfounded
lee
lee

horrid

take your money then close your account even when you earn PLENTY . paid off some over due payments in full then BANG
Chuck U Farley
Chuck U Farley7 posts

[Content Removed]

Can now only be uses to make purchases from large corporation owned companies. Can no longer be used to support small businesses in any way at all
terry F.Sydney, NSW2 posts

Do Not Use Afterpay Its Not Safe

Afterpay has no customer service.
Afterpay is easily HACKED and Afterpay does nothing about it and is in no hurry to assist. Taking matters to the Onsbudsmen. Afterpay should be stopped until they have made themselves contactable.and provide a 24hr support for customers.
Afterpay has No Customer Servoce What So Ever its a disgrace!. Be Warned It Could Happen to you!
terry F.

Note: I have been an afterpay customer for 5yrs or so and never encountered a problem before this! Now afterpay owes me, they are unreachable. Email and 24hrs to get back to you (if they do)

IFr
IFrPakenham7 posts

No Customer service

They duplicate the transaction. Tried to contact. There is no phone number. The only way to message. Definitely They don't reply back. They don't care as they got the money. My credit card exceeded the limit due to this duplication. More than 24 hours and no reply even to say that they will reply back.
Jakes2 posts

Unfortunately this company is allowed to operate with out any availability for clients to make direct contact

They offer zero customer service if faced with the slightest questions
How can a financial organization be allowed to trade with out any point of contact that the customer can reach out too
Jakes

Yet if the customer did not offer a proper path of communication there would be actions taken

Rachel G.
Rachel G.Sydney, NSW

Hard to get refund

I bought a coffee machine from good guys which I took back for a full refund. They said the money will go back into my afterpay account within 3 -5 days. After 10days the money was back into my afterpay account but while waiting for that to happen they took 2 payments from my bank account but they have never refunded me those two payments and on my afterpay account it says I still have 2 payments owing. I have sent emails and isn't going anywhere and can't even ring to get it solved.
djm97
djm97Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

nagasaka
nagasakaSydney, NSW15 posts
Nadia l.
Nadia l.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC13 posts

Once was a life saver but now a horrible service

I paid off all my purchases.. they restricted my account even though it says I have $1000 to spend. It was very embarrassing when a Purchase was declined in store. I messaged them to ask if they could lift the restriction on my account and they said I can't use my account again until October 2024!!!! See ya afterpay
Peter
PeterDarwin, NT

Don't believe the amount of Afterpay credit on your account

I had made several purchases through Afterpay and never missed a payment; I paid on time every time a payment was due, but unfortunately, although the last in-store purchase I attempted was more than $1000.00 under my credit limit, I couldn't complete the purchase, as Afterpay wouldn't support the transaction I was highly embarrassed, so I paid in full with the same card that was linked to my Afterpay account, don't be sucked in, as this website may deceive you about your Afterpay credit limit.
Bibbi
Bibbicolac34 posts

No explanation

I made an online purchase using afterpay. The first instalment came out. I then repaid the final 3 instalments. The merchant then advised the item I ordered was discontinued & refunded the price in full to afterpay.
Afterpay refunded the first instalment & will not refund the rest. I sent a copy of the bank transaction as proof, still no refund. They advised they would be ringing me at a specific time to discuss the matter. That time has now long passed & I am seriously wondering about how legit they are.
Kae
KaeSydney8 posts

James B.
James B.Sydney, NSW

The worst customer service ever

You tried to contact Afterpay, and there are no phone lines any more so you cannot speak to anyone you can only send messages, back-and-forth, and to make things worse. Majority of it is computer generated answers. I made a purchase a few weeks ago and paid it off within three days fully paid. Nothing left to owe to make another purchase and nearly got myself arrested due to the fact I was purchasing tyres for my vehicle. They had already done the job and went to use Afterpay to pay for the new tyres. it was extremely embarrassing having to explain to the tire company, to put my old tyres back on the vehicle that were unworthy
Daisy89
Daisy89Metropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

Kelly
Kelly 39 posts

Do not recommend

Company is terrible for customer service . The staff need more training to the way they treat people. Company has no understanding at all and no care factor. No more.never again ever account closed.
DisappointedSydney, NSW45 posts

Great for online purchases but not in store

Easy to use online but they seem to have made it so difficult to use in store. Once upon a time it was easy but not now. Make apps easy to use.

I don't want to pay $9.99 per month for the option of using an Afterpay card in store. Oh well there goes more business you could have had. I am sure I am not the only one.

Disappointed

I sent Afterpay a message saying I accidentally clicked on the link for an Afterpay card while shopping in store. I never used the service and they have refused to refund me.

skrama1975
skrama19757 posts

I love the Afterpay way of purchasing!

I have used Afterpay for a long time. I have only ever used it for online purchases and I love it. It makes purchasing necessities so much easier with the payments spread out fortnightly.
When the kids need new shoes, paying over 8 weeks rather than having to find the whole amount (I don't have a credit card) really is a life saver. No interest and no fees unless due payment is not made - it really is the perfect way to help your budget out.
Angela Megahey
Angela MegaheySouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Afterpay don’t refund for their error - dodgy company

I went to pay using afterpay at the dentist it then activated an afterpay card by accident and charged me for a card I didn’t agree to by making the app confusing, they refused me a refund
Where is my twenty bucks
Where is my twenty bucksGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Randall
Randall2 posts

Closed account

Unbelievably bad service.
Always paid on time then account was frozen.
Needed documentation which was provided and said bank account doesn’t match!
Huh you be getting paid.
Sah T.
Sah T.Sydney, NSW

Natalie M.
Natalie M.

So so so disappointed with Afterpay

Absolutely disgusting how they have treated me. Long time loyal customer and they have let me down. They are just worried about making money. I was subscribed to Afterpay plus but accident while trying to purchase a tv instore at jbjifi. Once I realised what happened, I cancelled immediately and tried to notify Afterpay with what had happened and asked for a refund. They said no refund.

Andy
AndyCentral West, NSW23 posts

It’s good but has one drawback

I’ve been using Afterpay for at least 3 years now. It helps to budget with expensive purchases. However I can’t say I’m too impressed with their decision to now charge a subscription fee for the Afterpay Card. $9.95 a month is a massive commitment for those of us who are rare uses of it. Which restricts us to online shopping. I’d be more than happy to pay an extra fee with each purchase than a monthly subscription.
Ian
IanCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC3 posts

I've had to suspend my debit card due to fraud, Afterpay cancelled the card but more than that added an extension of two weeks to my due payments in order to receive my new card. Excellent customer service!
Adam
AdamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC7 posts

Impossible as a merchant

Where can I find a phone number to contact you on? I need to update my eftpos terminal details and your website is useless if you need to speak to a real person.
Ron H.
Ron H.North Queensland, QLD7 posts

Not an Afterpay Retailer anymore

I have removed aftrepay from my website and from my Square terminal for instore due to the fact that, not only are the retailer/seller being charged high fees to use their payment system but what i have just discovered is that when you refund a customer their afterpay order, the customer gets every cent agreed upon back but the seller gets shafted! Afterpay keeps the fees! For doing nothing.. Im sorry but thats no good business and its actually quite a mission to find this hidden piece of information... So if you use or are thinking about using Afterpay on your website or in your store and you quite possibly will have to do refunds, dont use them! Thats robbery of the dirtiest kind.. Use PayPal pay in 4 instead! Grubs.
Mobile
MobileGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Usual rubbish from Afterpay

So just signed up to Afterpay plus. Mint customer, never missed a payment in 5 years.
Worked fine for the first week and then starts denying it at random for the smallest of purchases. Declines a purchase for 10 dollars, 5 minutes later a 150 dollar purchase is fine.
Get the usual rubbish text - “Afterpay takes into account a number of factors…”

So Afterpay - if people are going to pay 10 bucks a month for the “privilege” of being able to use it anywhere - you probably want to stop declining it at random and giving no explanation

Anyway I am done with you. My last payment is at the start of January. Will pay it off and then cancel it.

Shane
Shane

Worst service ever

I wanted to use my account for almost a month and they refuse to un freeze my account as they think I'm some one else I've had back n fourth msgs they refuse to call me about it and send me the same msgs over and over wasted my time and I will never use after pay if I could give them a no star I would
Sam
SamMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

Generally good

Normally it’s been great but if Afterpay gives a merchant the opportunity for Afterpay and this merchant doesn’t ship items or doesn’t refund for non shipping then they should take action as it’s an approved Afterpay seller! I’ve paid thinking the seller is verified but they are sketchy and dodgy contact details even their contact number on Afterpay is the owner and said he isn’t responsible! If you verify the merchant then take responsibility if they take our money and then don’t respond or ship what’s being paid for. The seller Kayhan audio has been evasive in shipping and then why they haven’t refunded now no answer. Afterpay nothing and I’ve spent like easy $10k through Afterpay.
Sarah M.
Sarah M.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Afterpay good, Afterpay plus a waste of money

Spend $10 a month on Afterpay plus to shop “anywhere Apple Pay is accepted”. Well that’s a joke! I can’t use it anywhere yet they’re quite happy to take my $10 to decline every purchase. And I’m not talking about ourchqses they mentioned you can’t use it on e.g gambling. I’m talking about food outlets, accommodation; basically anything. Their customer service is appalling when you try to talk to someone. Don’t waste your money on this crap.
Kitty222
Kitty222Bankstown9 posts

Debbie L.
Debbie L.8 posts

CRAPPY CUSTOMER SERVICE

They have absolutely no idea what customer service is.... They do not listen nor do they understand a customers needs

scottey h.
scottey h.Symonston 2609, ACT2 posts

Useless service

Staff wouldn't have a clue what's going on and they only send you a cut and past response that doesn't answer your question.
Cancelled my service but they refuse to delete my details.
Let's just leave my info on their server for the next time they get hacked
Tim Z.
Tim Z.2 posts

Manda
Manda9 posts

Scammers

I bought some things online (a year ago) and returned them for various reasons (faulty, not as described etc). Provided proof of return. Merchant didn't refund so I disputed with my bank.
Now afterpay has locked my account and telling me I need to repay them $1487 for the returned items.
Told me not to communicate with my bank.
Seems pretty dodgey and scam-like to me.
No response from customer service.
Does not follow Australian Consumer Law!!
Will be filing a complaint with AFCA
Cody H.
Cody H.Central West, NSW

Service is Ok

used this to purchase a present for my old man