Afterpay (page 3 of 78)

Pros

• Free to use - Zero Interest and No Establishment Fees

• Seamless integration within stores with a large number of merchants offering AfterPay

• Automatic payment plan of 4 equal instalments each fortnight

• Credit check not required; doesn't affect your credit score

Cons

• $10 Late Fee for missing an automatic payment

• $7 Fee on top of $10 Late Fee if you fail to repay the missed instalment within 7 days of the due date

• May affect your ability to secure a loan as lenders consider Afterpay a line of credit

4.1

1,547 reviews
  • Rates and Fees
  • Application Process

kylie3535

kylie3535SYDNEY

Terrible Customer Service

Never missed or late with a payment and they have stopped me using after pay , I’ve asked why and they will not give an answer only suggestions so I closed the account. I use zip pay instead and prefer it.

be7nso7n

be7nso7nSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic idea, with a cavernous procedural gap

rlwatson2

rlwatson2South East Queensland, QLD

Useless customer service!

My card keeps saying it is declined, no problem at the bank at all, it was an Afterpay issue but after calling them to let them know this 6 times and getting a different person, I gave up! Ended up losing my temper! The customer service is crap, I try to pay off the account but it wont let me even though my card details are correct and there is more than enough money to pay it off! Now I have all these overdue payments and my account is blocked! I am so over them, and now will stick to paying cash! Thanks for nothing Aftepay!

DIANNEIllawarra, NSW

no refund back onto my credit card

some months ago i bought something on afterpay. I sent it back within 1 week. The shop had refunded my money back to afterpay but after 3 weeks of continually asking afterpay to refund my credit card I still have no money on my card. they took off my last 2 payments but I require the 2 payments that i had already paid.

AFTERPAYAfterpay

This is a serious complaint we need to investigate this. Can you logged a complaint with us directly? I will private message you to ask for information that will help us to find out what has gone on here, it sounds very unusual

DIANNE

wow after all this time someone thinks they will look into my complaint.
i am not impressed with afterpay

AFTERPAYAfterpay

We are available to help you if you would like to call us we are open until 7pm Mon to Fri 1300 100 729

Dudemaster

DudemasterCentral Queensland, QLD

Good product and it is everywhere. But the App is terrible

I used to love Afterpay and used it quite a bit but the app on my phone just won't load the code. All they ever do at customer service is to tell me to delete and reinstall. I had to load it onto my ipad to take that instore to buy - which was a bit annoying. It did help me stop doing impulse buys so a win for me and loss for them.
It was easy to use and I spent a lot with them...but I have stopped using as the app just keeps me locked out. So many other options now.

Jessica D.

Jessica D.Sydney, NSW

Best Buy now pay later!!!

I have successfully been using Afterpay since it came out . And I’m happy to announce it’s the best thing since lay buy for or those big painful costs. I will continue to use and be very satisfied.

AFTERPAYAfterpay

Hey thank you for taking time to write a review really appreciate it

Sassy2

Sassy2Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Useless customer service

I’ve been avid Afterpay user since it started so have a large borrowing capacity I even pay them out before there needed my account frozen no answers no help crap service obviously they don’t need customers will pay it out and delete account will use zippay and zipmoney they don’t need Aussie payers now there in America

Horrible, should use Zippay instead

Absolutely bad service, I’ve been trying to get my account back for 4 months and only just got I, once I could finally access it it wouldn’t verify my ID no matter what form of ID I use. Customer support is useless and rude. I’d much rather use zippay or any other service similar to this.

Michael W.

Michael W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Garbage

All good until i found out on ebay they wont allow you to buy gaming computers or components to build a PC Whats up with that WHY ? And its not in their policys they had to email me their secret but all it says no gaming consoles not computer parts to build a PC , customer service is a joke its run by children who take prompts from a computer screen and answers from a computer screen telling them what to say with your questions , bunch of children robots running the show who are unable to think for themselves

Abhi M.

Abhi M.Australian Capital Territory

Its a financial trap, time wasting support

They will not trust consumers,
fully in support of their "retail partners" as they call them.

I wanted to request a refund for an item and to my surprise they don't have a dispute or chargeback process for consumers.
So essentially i am paying for an item which i don't even own.

They will approve your account without a credit check how convenient, not really
If you decide to not pay for your genuine reasons like merchant not issuing a refund on time etc they will place that in your credit file.

I will just say go with paypal or trusted systems these are dodgy financial entities that make it seem convenient to pay in 4 easy payments but instead it is a financial trap.

YJ F.

YJ F.

You can't get refund when you pay though afterpay

I bought a top in a clothing store however I wanna refund as that doesn't suit me, but actually retail store they refused refund if you pay though afterpay. Beware!

AFTERPAYAfterpay

This is a serious allegation - retail partners cannot refuse a refund if you pay via Afterpay - please get in touch and we will work on your behalf to investigate this further our number is 1300 100 729 or go to our help centre help.afterpay.com

Viper6

Viper6

Rubbish app and service

Signed up for Afterpay this week. Made one purchase. Try to make a second purchase for $20 and it doesn’t show a barcode in the app and says to call support. Try to call support and it says they are closed. Website says their business hours are (8.30 to 5.30 - I called within those hours). Overseas email support just give you generic copy paste useless responses. When signing up they don’t clearly tell you what your purchasing limits are for the first 6 weeks (they just say ‘small amounts’ which could mean absolutely anything). I even added my credit card to the app as a funding source. Very disappointing.

Travis T.

Travis T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Simple, intuitive and easy

Easy to use. Definitely better than applying for a credit card. There are zero fees if you pay on time. Afterpay has helped us in those mini-emergencies. Could not recommend more.

Ahmed Y.

Ahmed Y.Sydney, NSW

The best service ever

Thanks Afterpay ... really very helpful ... I placed till now over 40 online orders ... two doors fridge , 75" Samsung TV , New ecosa mattress and much more... most of the items over $1000 and I couldn't afford to pay without Afterpay

Skip

SkipQueensland

Trash customer service

Say they will help you if your having difficulty only to turn around and close your account when you've paid it in full ridiculous. Didn't receive any emails or anything or any phone calls after I told them in hardship was told I could use my account once paid in full but they were all lies

Aussie G.

Aussie G.South East Queensland, QLD

Totally useless...customer service Freezing Account without advising me on the phone NO COVID19 help WHATSOEVER ..

I’m happy to see more in the same situation unfortunately... I applied for a 1 month break as my housemate was in hospital at no time was I told about freezing my account and even though I’ve recommenced all on track they even under my genuine circumstances will not remove the block on the account ....Never told bad service and extremely poor attitude...One rule fits all ... The unhappy numbers are increasing ..Im going back to 60 days plus free on my card ...I have no issues like this ..

Brenda. E

Brenda. ESydney, NSW

Afterpay is great

You pay off your items in 4 payments and you can pay it off early and make extra payments no interest. Loads of places except it but you have to spend a minimum of $100 dollars.I love it. They even send you a reminder email a couple of days before your payment is due.

Rebecca N

Rebecca NAU

Hold your personal details

The problem with this pay later system was After my account had been closed they refused to remove bank card details and personal information,they referred me to privacy policy which made no sense ,how about customer privacy I would never deal with them again .

RodgerDodger

RodgerDodgerSydney Surrounds, NSW

Merchant rip off

Its actually sold to merchants as a way of gaining clients . While it does non of that and only reduces your margins considerable. Turning mine off. I've never had a client come to me because we had afterpay . The costs are very large.

Dwayne C.

Dwayne C.South East Queensland, QLD

Great, until it's not

juliasked

I can not click on the in store barcode it just loads and does nothing.

Hi Juli
Here are some of the things I hope will help your in store barcode.
1. if you have only just recently joined afterpay, usually your limit will be lower, however, the longer you with them, and spending responsibly and make payment on time, chances are you more likely to get approve for an in store barcode.
2 . They will also take note if there is any sufficient fund available.
3 How much do have as an outstanding on your previous purchases
4 . The less the amount to repay, the more likely your barcode request will be approved
5. Check your mobile data turned on for afterpays applications .
Hopefully this will help, if not you are welcome to give them a call, and share their responses to everyone . It will be a good help

Thanks for the reply
With after I started with 550 and because i was paying on time or a week earlier bow the limit is 1500 , which is great. But as i went into david jones i logged in all well but it will not allow me to press the scan bar code ? Why is this

Hi Juli

My advise to you is don’t get involved with Afterpay. They messed me over and lied to me and therefore lost my trust and killed their integrity. Plus they can’t guarantee100% on all products.

Made me wait around in a shop for an hour and didn’t let me have access to getting a gift card although it was only $150 and in the account I had $800 to spend with them.

Also I paid my bill 2 weeks early they told me sorry we don’t care. They literally told me it doesn’t make a difference if you pay your account early even if you enter into a payment arrangement with them.

Go zip pay instead because you can get groceries and I believe fuel as well.

If you’re going to get fuel, you have to buy a shell card at Coles and go to a coles express to use it.

Afterpay does not offer this service at all on groceries or fuel it’s very limited. Plus as I said they stuff you over.

Take care

Jason

Jasonasked

Quick question after pay do I need to put a down payment on the first purchase for the four payments

Allaena

Yes, eg . If you had a shopping amd the amount is $ 80.00, the first payment upfront will be $20.00.
and the remainder will be $20. Fortnightly

Tony Potter

No don’t waste your time with Afterpay go with zip pay much better.

Afterpay lies to me blocked my account although I had paid my bill early and they told me that they don’t guarantee 100% on every item and all I wanted from them was a gift card which was on their list. I ended up lay buying my items myself.

They also after lying to me twice made me wait around for an hour until I called them back again saying why can’t I get the items I want, I paid you 2 weeks in advance.

So it doesn’t matter if you pay early, Afterpay will still screw you over regardless.

On top of that they are limited, if you go zip pay you can actually buy groceries and possibly even fuel. So if I were you don’t waste your time with them. I read a review on here where they’ve made a person wait 6 months and he’s paid his bill. He’s now worried about xmas.

Go zip pay much better

VBG
VBG

If you are going to be able to pay off on time then would recommend to check out the zero annual fee credit cards. They are much better option when compared to any of the buy now pay later providers.

Naomi D.

Naomi D.asked

I’m a new customer and can’t use in store barcode? Online purchases work fine. Is there a rule where new customers can’t do that yet?

Allaena

Not that know of. Usually if it's say scan in store then you need to visit whatever store with your barcode, they will scan it for you.

Allaena

Hi Naomi, I have just posted an answer for Juli, hope that will help.

Get an answer from our members and Afterpay representatives

Other Buy Now, Pay Later Services