Afterpay

Afterpay (page 4 of 78)

Pros

• Free to use - Zero Interest and No Establishment Fees

• Seamless integration within stores with a large number of merchants offering AfterPay

• Automatic payment plan of 4 equal instalments each fortnight

• Credit check not required; doesn't affect your credit score

Cons

• $10 Late Fee for missing an automatic payment

• $7 Fee on top of $10 Late Fee if you fail to repay the missed instalment within 7 days of the due date

• May affect your ability to secure a loan as lenders consider Afterpay a line of credit

4.1

1,547 reviews
  • Rates and Fees
  • Application Process

Ray

RayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

a joke

Kept telling me they cannot verifly me? Provided copies of of required ID and also added my credit card details but still wasn't good enough!
Very easy to set up the account but hard to use.

abhi u.

abhi u.Sydney, NSW

Hopeless service

I created account with afterpay and applied for $850, try to make a payment of $400 first instalment but didn’t go threw and declined, not even approved Only $450 and not event taking call. hopeless service.

Useless!!!!

Your purchases are initially limited to $500. After which there is an opaque risk assessment process to determine when and whether you get further credit - EVEN IF you pay it off immediately.

Good luck buying anything worth splitting into four quarterly installments with this useless product.

The ease of setting up an account is useless because you essentially can't use it immediately!

There is no discretion to raise this limit even if you pay it off quickly. Calling their helpline gives you an answering machine and then hangs up.

Jo

JoPerth, WA

A Joke

Kathryn Holwell

Kathryn HolwellHunter Region, NSW

Frozen account-No communication

I had to recently asked for a extension on my payment which is the first time and I’ve always always always paid my account on time and have never ever been late or had a late payment fee. I asked for a week extension but paid it 3 days before the extension date and paid up all of my account. I went to use my account a few days later but After pay had frozen my account, I message them and they said thank you for paying my account in full and they will lift the frozen on my account. Very frustrating considering they didn’t tell me they have frozen my account and didn’t automatically lifted it when I paid the account that I asked for the extension on. I’ve communicated with After Pay but After pay couldn’t communicate to me.

Brett

BrettGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Would rather zip

A over exaggerated buy now pay later. Zip, open pay and sezzle do everything after pay does but better. Would not recommend after pay to anyone it's just a over exaggerated compamy

Emma

EmmaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It’s awesome UNTIL you struggle one time.

Cpt Mash P.

Cpt Mash P.Central, SA

The worst Experience Ever!!!!!!!!!! fake liars data miners

Jen

Jen

Perfect for my needs!

As long as you pay your installment in full and on time, there are no charges!!! I love them and will keep on using it. Do not believe other reviews here and try it on your own first!

Nic

NicSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst buy now and pay later service

Don't use after pay

Will never use this useless bunch of idiots. I provided the correct information in nsw we have digital drivers licence and they dont accept it. I have been using afterpay now for 2 years without any issues. Now this gess what u idiots i hope lots of people shut there accounts.

Ibelong

IbelongMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Keep clear dodgy

Used account for months, then was frozen. I asked why no response except send me your ID over email, to someone who is working from home yeah right ... . , Do they not realise that's how phishing starts?. Unbelievable I'm closing account, daf service beware using any of your CC details with these online unprofessional lot . I'll take my business to someone who values me.

Ross P.

Ross P.Sydney, NSW

Harsh and slow on backup and support

boogernaught

boogernaughtSA, 5251

Was a fan

Have been using afterpay for a couple of years, all good never missed a payment. Now suddenly they have a declined me for no apparent reason. I checked my account there is nothing wrong. I have never even had more than a couple hundred dollars on there. Perhaps they think I’m using it too much? Oh well I won’t use them anymore. I don’t need them it was just somewhat convenient. Way to annoy your customers.

Kelly

Kelly

Love it

Love afterpay as it.helps out alot when u cant affored it on the spot. And good.coz if payment isnt there they give you to the nextday to pay with no fees

Gavin

GavinWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Slow to respond to queries

I am waiting for a $56 refund. It's past the 5-7 business days. I pay them on time and expect them to get their refunds back promptly. They are hard to contact and slow to respond.

Gab

GabSouth East Queensland, QLD

App is glitched when trying to make additional payments.

I had decided to put some money towards paying off my after paying account a bit earlier and in doing so, the App glitched after every attempt of payment. I’m thinking that they might need to update this part of the App so people can make extra Payments without the frustrating battle.

Google User

Google UserSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wish more than 4 times payment option

I never have issue with Afterpay. When I faced a rude merchant, Afterpay customer service was really nice and helpful. I wish they give more than 4 times payment option though.

GEE-SHOCK

GEE-SHOCKSydney, NSW

No buyer’s protection in case of return

Be aware! Afterpay offers no buyer’s protection in the event of returning goods.
You have to contact the seller and if they are not giving you the refund or delay in process your refund - you’re screwed.
Afterpay offered ZERO support and said they cannot help as they would be liable to the payment if seller doesn’t refund. It’s a joke.
Compared to PayPal where dispute is easy to handle and they protect consumers, I will not use Afterpay any more.

Adam U.

Adam U.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Refuse to take take credit card details off their system

I paid my account off with Afterpay and wanted to close my account. They told me I can still log on for past purchases. I asked for the account to be totally closed. I don’t require the past purchase history. They refuse to and refer me to their privacy policy. I then asked for my CREDIT CARD details to be wiped off their system as my account is now closed, they still refuse to remove them. So the only way to know my money is safe is to cancel the card. I intend to report it to the AFCA. Stay away!!!

juliasked

I can not click on the in store barcode it just loads and does nothing.

Hi Juli
Here are some of the things I hope will help your in store barcode.
1. if you have only just recently joined afterpay, usually your limit will be lower, however, the longer you with them, and spending responsibly and make payment on time, chances are you more likely to get approve for an in store barcode.
2 . They will also take note if there is any sufficient fund available.
3 How much do have as an outstanding on your previous purchases
4 . The less the amount to repay, the more likely your barcode request will be approved
5. Check your mobile data turned on for afterpays applications .
Hopefully this will help, if not you are welcome to give them a call, and share their responses to everyone . It will be a good help

Thanks for the reply
With after I started with 550 and because i was paying on time or a week earlier bow the limit is 1500 , which is great. But as i went into david jones i logged in all well but it will not allow me to press the scan bar code ? Why is this

Hi Juli

My advise to you is don’t get involved with Afterpay. They messed me over and lied to me and therefore lost my trust and killed their integrity. Plus they can’t guarantee100% on all products.

Made me wait around in a shop for an hour and didn’t let me have access to getting a gift card although it was only $150 and in the account I had $800 to spend with them.

Also I paid my bill 2 weeks early they told me sorry we don’t care. They literally told me it doesn’t make a difference if you pay your account early even if you enter into a payment arrangement with them.

Go zip pay instead because you can get groceries and I believe fuel as well.

If you’re going to get fuel, you have to buy a shell card at Coles and go to a coles express to use it.

Afterpay does not offer this service at all on groceries or fuel it’s very limited. Plus as I said they stuff you over.

Take care

Jason

Jasonasked

Quick question after pay do I need to put a down payment on the first purchase for the four payments

Allaena

Yes, eg . If you had a shopping amd the amount is $ 80.00, the first payment upfront will be $20.00.
and the remainder will be $20. Fortnightly

Tony Potter

No don’t waste your time with Afterpay go with zip pay much better.

Afterpay lies to me blocked my account although I had paid my bill early and they told me that they don’t guarantee 100% on every item and all I wanted from them was a gift card which was on their list. I ended up lay buying my items myself.

They also after lying to me twice made me wait around for an hour until I called them back again saying why can’t I get the items I want, I paid you 2 weeks in advance.

So it doesn’t matter if you pay early, Afterpay will still screw you over regardless.

On top of that they are limited, if you go zip pay you can actually buy groceries and possibly even fuel. So if I were you don’t waste your time with them. I read a review on here where they’ve made a person wait 6 months and he’s paid his bill. He’s now worried about xmas.

Go zip pay much better

VBG
VBG

If you are going to be able to pay off on time then would recommend to check out the zero annual fee credit cards. They are much better option when compared to any of the buy now pay later providers.

Naomi D.

Naomi D.asked

I’m a new customer and can’t use in store barcode? Online purchases work fine. Is there a rule where new customers can’t do that yet?

Allaena

Not that know of. Usually if it's say scan in store then you need to visit whatever store with your barcode, they will scan it for you.

Allaena

Hi Naomi, I have just posted an answer for Juli, hope that will help.

Get an answer from our members and Afterpay representatives

Other Buy Now, Pay Later Services