Afterpay

Afterpay (page 5 of 79)

Pros

• Free to use - Zero Interest and No Establishment Fees

• Seamless integration within stores with a large number of merchants offering AfterPay

• Automatic payment plan of 4 equal instalments each fortnight

• Credit check not required; doesn't affect your credit score

Cons

• $10 Late Fee for missing an automatic payment

• $7 Fee on top of $10 Late Fee if you fail to repay the missed instalment within 7 days of the due date

• May affect your ability to secure a loan as lenders consider Afterpay a line of credit

• Rates and Fees
  • Application Process

Brett

BrettGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Would rather zip

A over exaggerated buy now pay later. Zip, open pay and sezzle do everything after pay does but better. Would not recommend after pay to anyone it's just a over exaggerated compamy

Emma

EmmaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It’s awesome UNTIL you struggle one time.

Cpt Mash P.

Cpt Mash P.Central, SA

The worst Experience Ever!!!!!!!!!! fake liars data miners

Jen

Jen

Perfect for my needs!

As long as you pay your installment in full and on time, there are no charges!!! I love them and will keep on using it. Do not believe other reviews here and try it on your own first!

Nic

NicSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst buy now and pay later service

Don't use after pay

Will never use this useless bunch of idiots. I provided the correct information in nsw we have digital drivers licence and they dont accept it. I have been using afterpay now for 2 years without any issues. Now this gess what u idiots i hope lots of people shut there accounts.

Ibelong

IbelongMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Keep clear dodgy

Used account for months, then was frozen. I asked why no response except send me your ID over email, to someone who is working from home yeah right ... . , Do they not realise that's how phishing starts?. Unbelievable I'm closing account, daf service beware using any of your CC details with these online unprofessional lot . I'll take my business to someone who values me.

Ross P.

Ross P.Sydney, NSW

Harsh and slow on backup and support

boogernaught

boogernaughtSA, 5251

Was a fan

Have been using afterpay for a couple of years, all good never missed a payment. Now suddenly they have a declined me for no apparent reason. I checked my account there is nothing wrong. I have never even had more than a couple hundred dollars on there. Perhaps they think I’m using it too much? Oh well I won’t use them anymore. I don’t need them it was just somewhat convenient. Way to annoy your customers.

Kelly

Kelly

Love it

Love afterpay as it.helps out alot when u cant affored it on the spot. And good.coz if payment isnt there they give you to the nextday to pay with no fees

Gavin

GavinWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Slow to respond to queries

I am waiting for a $56 refund. It's past the 5-7 business days. I pay them on time and expect them to get their refunds back promptly. They are hard to contact and slow to respond.

Gab

GabSouth East Queensland, QLD

App is glitched when trying to make additional payments.

I had decided to put some money towards paying off my after paying account a bit earlier and in doing so, the App glitched after every attempt of payment. I’m thinking that they might need to update this part of the App so people can make extra Payments without the frustrating battle.

Google User

Google UserSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wish more than 4 times payment option

I never have issue with Afterpay. When I faced a rude merchant, Afterpay customer service was really nice and helpful. I wish they give more than 4 times payment option though.

GEE-SHOCK

GEE-SHOCKSydney, NSW

No buyer’s protection in case of return

Be aware! Afterpay offers no buyer’s protection in the event of returning goods.
You have to contact the seller and if they are not giving you the refund or delay in process your refund - you’re screwed.
Afterpay offered ZERO support and said they cannot help as they would be liable to the payment if seller doesn’t refund. It’s a joke.
Compared to PayPal where dispute is easy to handle and they protect consumers, I will not use Afterpay any more.

Adam U.

Adam U.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Refuse to take take credit card details off their system

I paid my account off with Afterpay and wanted to close my account. They told me I can still log on for past purchases. I asked for the account to be totally closed. I don’t require the past purchase history. They refuse to and refer me to their privacy policy. I then asked for my CREDIT CARD details to be wiped off their system as my account is now closed, they still refuse to remove them. So the only way to know my money is safe is to cancel the card. I intend to report it to the AFCA. Stay away!!!

Honestreview

HonestreviewSydney, NSW

4+ stars NO surprise!!

I give Afterpay (Hi) 5 stars, so easy and so good, the ZipPay and other simmer options rejected my applications, but I got approved by Afterpay (No sponsor). I'm shopping with Afterpay for about 3 years now! I never missed a payment because they are too good (Afterpay).
Arash Tahmasebi

Cassandra C.

Cassandra C.Perth, WA

Need more buying choices on website

I wish the there is more online websites that people can buy from online I found website to DVDs to buy I wish it's have after pay on there website

Kat S.

Kat S.Sydney, NSW

Sorted out my refund issues

Afterpay is a great product when purchasing something, however it can be tricky understanding the refund platform they use. The team were helpful when I asked to speak to a supervisor, who explained the credit/debit system better.
I’ll keep using the service.

Odette A.

Odette A.North Queensland, QLD

Rude & Bad Customer Service

I paid for an order where I never received my goods. Nothing but stress for 3 months due to Afterpay not chasing up shady business like The Home And Party Shop. Afterpay promised me a refund, out of $116 they’ve only refunded me $29. And still have not replied to my enquire where the rest of my money is. Worst customer service and worst business ethic of practise.

DO NOT USE

I used this for the first time and within 5 minutes of processing I got a call from my bank that there were fraudulent charges trying to be made on my account for over 500 dollars. I now have to cancel my card and go get a new one. I ended up canceling my order and replacing it and paid with my paypal instead. What a hassle!!!! Customer beware, SCAM!!!!!