Afterpay

Pros

• Free to use - Zero Interest and No Establishment Fees

• Seamless integration within stores with a large number of merchants offering AfterPay

• Automatic payment plan of 4 equal instalments each fortnight

• Credit check not required; doesn't affect your credit score

Cons

• $10 Late Fee for missing an automatic payment

• $7 Fee on top of $10 Late Fee if you fail to repay the missed instalment within 7 days of the due date

• May affect your ability to secure a loan as lenders consider Afterpay a line of credit

• Rates and Fees
  • Application Process

Nick J.
Nick J.South East Queensland, QLD

Truly appalling app

Their app requires multiple log-ins and won't let you purchase when required, despite saying I have 1,000 worth of credit. It does this all time and is a repeated fault.

Gretel C.Afterpay

Hi Nick. Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with Afterpay - we'd love a chance to try and resolve this for you. Could you please send us a DM with your contact details so our team can look into this? Thanks, Gretel.

TobiasFar North Queensland, QLD

After pay isn't worth the hassle customer service is non-existent no help whatsoever

This app was good but now it's totally terrible you make every payment pay ahead of time now afterpay decides to cancel all afterpay purchases get in contact with the help contact get some nonsense reply but no answers and no solutions

Gretel C.Afterpay

Hi Tobias. Thanks for reaching out. I'm so to hear about your experience and would love a chance to try and resolve this for you. Could you please DM us with your contact details so a member of our team can get in touch. Thanks, Gretel.

lb364890@gmail.com

Review collected in partnership with Afterpay

stephen
stephenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Card on app

I've had nothing but issues with the Card on app working. Today will be the last time I will attempt to use it. I spent over an hour selecting items in store (Big W) only to go to the check out and spend another 1/2 hour trying to get it to work. Customer support, when called only offered "it should work, try turning it and on again".
Go back to the barcode Afterpay, there was nothing wrong with it

Gretel C.Afterpay

Hi Stephen. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with Afterpay Card and would like another chance to resolve this. Could you please send us a DM with your info so our team can look into this for you. Thanks, Gretel.

DennisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Website is useless

I have trouble with the website continuously. I have been trying to change my mobile phone contact for over 12 months both by phone and online. If I do happen to do it it keeps reverting back to my old number the next time. I cant purchase anything online unless I physically go into a store. Very frustrating and inconvenient. Will be cancelling my account very soon.

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hi Dennis. Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear this and would like another chance to resolve this for you. I've sent you through a direct message requesting further details so our team can get in touch as soon as they can. Thanks, Isabelle.

Hi I can be contacted on 0428 263 090. Thank you for your assistance

Would u be able to call back. Regards Dennis

Afterpay was great until the Afterpay Card

Ever since they have brought out the Afterpay Card my account has not worked , I have available funds and pulse rewards and it declines instore every time. It’s so embarrassing I’m closing and going without . They have now decreased my limit with no email for the change which is not good enough .

Mich W.

Thank link doesn’t work , it said page not found ?

Sorry Mich - please try this link https://www.afterpay.com/en-AU/afterpay-card

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What are Buy Now, Pay Later Services?

Your guide to the ins and out of Buy Now Pay Later services, including a look at the top companies Afterpay, Zip Pay, Openpay, and Latitude Pay.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019
what-are-buy-now-pay-later-services
BennyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Afterpay cut my limit. Perfect Payment history

Afterpay cut my limit.
I have a perfect payment history never ever miss a payment

These guys make no sense. As for loyalty I’m not sure if they have any. Very disappointed in them.

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hi Benny. Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I've sent you a DM requesting further info so our team can get in touch to look into this for you. Thanks, Isabelle.

Benny

I have responded as requested.

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Thanks Benny. As mentioned via message, our team is investigating this now. I really appreciate your patience. Isabelle.

AlanHunter Region, NSW

Absolutely hung out to dry due to Afterpay not applying due dilligence

KKH
KKHSydney Surrounds, NSW

Horrible!

They sometimes don't refund all your money back if you've been refunded by the merchant! They reduced my limit for NO REASON even though I've always paid in full on or BEFORE time. The pulse rewards is a scam. Their customer service is ridiculous! Not going to use afterpay again! Zip and humm are the best!

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I've sent you a direct message requesting further information so our team can get in touch to resolve this for you. Thanks, Isabelle.

This is a scam

I purchased one item on Afterpay as the website did not offer any other option, paid it in full right away, and now when I try to close the account they said my information will be retained PERMANENTLY. I cannot do anything about this as its in their Privacy terms. Platforms like these are not ethical, Afterpay exploits middle and low income earners who cannot afford their lifestyle, and two white males make all the profits from this as usual. I am against this company for these reasons and do not want any part of it. However, that is impossible as they keep your information, like your date of birth, in their systems permanently. Please be aware of this before you use Afterpay.

Alina T.
Alina T.

The purpose has been fulfilled - I have closed the account, I do not owe you any money and never have. Please delete my residential address, date of birth, full name, phone and email from your system immediately.

Val P.
Val P.

Shocking customer service

Have been loyal customer for more than 3 years. Never missed a payment. Had a limit of $2000. Than its gone down to $1700, than to $1500, Than to $1200 and now $1000 all in a space of 6 weeks. Called customer service spoken to Chelsea Gayed who showed very little care and and instead of fixing problem, just closed my account.

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hi Val. I'm really sorry to hear this and would like another chance to resolve this for you. I've sent you a DM requesting further details so we can get in touch. Thanks, Isabelle.

Suzi WMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

limit decreased by $1000

Like others here, my limit has decreased by $1000. I owe $240, have had 163 orders with all payments on time. Message when I went to check upcoming payments that I had exceeded my order limit. Which is strange because I wasn’t trying to purchase anything. Pulse rewards member. So what is going on?

Suzi W

Overnight my balance has been restored.

Closed my account

Afterpay does not look after their loyal customers. I paid payments early. Never missed a payment but when my credit card was compromised and i spoke to after pay about it and advised them i had to wait for another card, i was treated terribly through no fault of mine. I had 60.00 to pay on my account which i did pay with my new card and then after that couldnt purchase anything else. Disgusting customer service and no care attitude. This is what they do so closed my account. They loose another customer

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hi Nat. I appreciate you reaching out and would like another chance to resolve this for you. I've sent you a DM requesting further details so our team can get in touch directly. Thanks, Isabelle.

Nat

Hi Isabelle still havnt heard from anyone. My email is taarenz@yahoo.com.au
Natalie

Closing my Afterpay account

Over the last month my limit has dropped from 2000 to 1500 to 1200 to 1000 to 400
Spent over 10,000 with afterpay, NEVER been late with payment.
Emailed support every time it dropped for an explanation and just received cookie cutter copy/paste replies
Closing account today!
Waste of time and wont risk the embarrassment of being declined when purchasing in store. And looking around Im definitely not on my own here.
This company is a joke!

Account now closed.
Zip and Humm now get my business

Manuela V
Manuela VPerth, WA

Be careful with Afterpay Refunds!!

I have been using Afterpay for a while now and never had any problems..until 2 weeks ago. I took all the stuff back to Kmart and I was supposed to get refunded $58. I got refunded $25.50 the next day but im still waiting for the other lot to be refunded.($32.50) I emailed Afterpay and got an auto message..emailed again and no reply. I decided to call them today and apparently the whole lot was refunded on the same day and they blamed my bank to release the funds to me! I called my bank and they said it is a lie..that they didnt have an unclear funds in my account. Anyway I had to put a dispute in my credit card and I will be NOT using Afterpay again. Customers service is a joke...! I cant trust afterpay anymore..

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hi Manuela. Thanks for getting in touch - I'm sorry to hear this. I have sent you a direct message requesting further details so we can get in contact to ensure your issue is fully resolved. Isabelle.

Lesley M.South East Queensland, QLD

So Angry

After 5 years and impeccable paying history never EVER missing 1 payment and ALL made on time my limit was reduced for absolutely NO reason, NO notification and customer service can’t tell why...embarrassed in a store....profit over customer service!!! I cannot believe their communication is so poor and treat loyal customers thus way!! Not only that I’m a business customer also offering the service to my customers... makes me think twice!